Debate discussion

Politics > Michelle Obama's Nutrition Plans

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) Richardson (tap3w3rm) Ok since when is it the federal goverments job to deal with state schools and since when is it thier job to tell us what to eat and what is good for us?

I dunno about you but I think this is a terrible idea and is incredibly unconstitutional.

Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) Richardson (tap3w3rm) I'm sorry I'm not really understanding what your saying.

message 3: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 5270 comments .....The federal government runs the state schools. If you don't want your schools regulated, private schools are always open. Note that this does not mean I agree with the actions of the government on how they deal with schooling.

It isn't their job to tell us what to eat, but they are trying to protect us. I do not see them telling you what to eat either. Please elaborate Angus.

Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) Richardson (tap3w3rm) But it's not thier job to do protect us from our own free will. If I wanna go home and drive nails into my feet everyday and I know that it's going to hurt me should that be illegal?

It's the parents job to keep thier kiddies from gettting tubby, not the first ladies.

The thing that's shes proposing limits bake sales at schools for fundraisers.

message 5: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 5270 comments Well, actually, that would be cause for your parents to attempt to take guardianship of you (if you are an adult, they wouldn't have to go to court if you were under 18) and force you into rehabilitation for self-harm.....

message 6: by Nathan (new)

Nathan Ok since when is it the federal goverments job to deal with state schools and since when is it thier job to tell us what to eat and what is good for us?

Since a very long time ago. Why don't you do some research instead of spouting ignorant questions?

message 7: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) | 7365 comments Mod
"It's the parents job to keep thier kiddies from gettting tubby, not the first ladies. "

I'm protecting the kids from their fucked up parents. If you want to die from obesity related diseases go ahead, but don't drag your kids down with you.