Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Sell your books to Half-Price Books?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (lesslie) I know that Half-Price Books gives more money the easier the books are to sell, so newer, cooler books get you more, but has anyone actually ever done it? I have no idea how much? Is it like 10% of it's value or closer to 50%?

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments It really depends, Leslie. One time I brought in five bags of books, and only got $5.00 for all of them, including some fairly new hardback mysteries. Okay, the rest were old Star Trek paperbacks and college textbooks, but STILL!

It has nothing to do with the cover price on the book at all. Another time, I took in several boxes of YA books, and for those, I got almost $30. YA is in demand right now.

I was happy, even with hardly getting anything, because I just wanted an alternative to taking the books to Goodwill.

message 3: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (lesslie) Jackie "the Librarian" wrote: "It really depends, Leslie. One time I brought in five bags of books, and only got $5.00 for all of them, including some fairly new hardback mysteries. Okay, the rest were old Star Trek paperbacks a..."<

Well thanks, that helps. :)

message 4: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca White (rebecca_white) | 1028 comments A couple of weeks ago I took in a bunch of books, mostly hardback, all in good condition, nothing super-recent, and I averaged about a dollar a book. I was going to try to get rid of them on Amazon, and I'd probably have done better, but I had them sitting in stacks for about a year and I said to myself, "time's up. Get rid of them."

message 5: by Lori (new)

Lori Half Price is TERRIBLE! Pennies not from heaven. Bring them to a good used bookstore for credit.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Lori wrote: "Half Price is TERRIBLE! Pennies not from heaven. Bring them to a good used bookstore for credit."

Lori, I tried that, and they wouldn't take most of them, and I had to lug them back home.

message 7: by Brittomart (last edited Dec 02, 2010 08:36PM) (new)

Brittomart I hate having to lug the books back home.

message 8: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments If doing so makes you crazy, are you then a lug nut?

BADOOM-BING!

Thank you, thank you. Tip your waiter. I'm here all week.

message 9: by Lori (new)

Lori Jackie "the Librarian" wrote: "Lori wrote: "Half Price is TERRIBLE! Pennies not from heaven. Bring them to a good used bookstore for credit."

Lori, I tried that, and they wouldn't take most of them, and I had to lug them back..."

Straight from rejection to GoodWill.

message 10: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments I can't part with my books, they are mine...MINE! ::bares teeth and growls::

message 11: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1107 comments NEVER!!! No! You can't make me! I won't let you!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.