Terminalcoffee discussion

Helping You To Know The News > NASA discovers new form of life (!)

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Phoenix (last edited Dec 02, 2010 01:32PM) (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments Oh goody, alien arsenic...just what we needed!

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Lends creedence to Hawking's statement that we won't even recognize aliens when we see them, and they may just wipe us out accidentally. At least, I think he said that.

message 4: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (lesslie) Made me look. You got me.

message 5: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Creech | 100 comments That explains Katy Perry.

message 6: by Ken (new)

Ken (playjerist) | 721 comments I don’t think Hawking used the specific analogy, but what he said was along the lines that we are a colony of ants and they may step on us more or less without notice or particular concern.

Though there’s a compelling theory that the life form we encounter will be evolved to the point that they more resemble computer chips than flesh and blood, I’m still persuaded that the Sixties science fiction movies were highly accurate, and that we will find planets populated by lovely, buxom women wearing skimpy attire.

message 7: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (lesslie) Ken wrote: "I don’t think Hawking used the specific analogy, but what he said was along the lines that we are a colony of ants and they may step on us more or less without notice or particular concern.

Thou..."

Tee hee hee hee. I'm sure your'e right. I'm thinking of Logan's Run right now.

message 8: by Lori (new)

Lori I always thought it stupid of rocket scientists to only look for life forms of our earth needs, certainly other critters could live on other planets of different compositions, like. So it's ironic that when we do find life form of different chemistry it's right here on earth!

message 9: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments No kill I.

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments ::Joins Bun in geeking out::

message 11: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) This is very cool.

message 12: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments

message 13: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Good one janine.

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Here's an article that does a good job explaining the finding:
http://io9.com/5704600/everything-you...
and here's one about the woman who led the team.
http://jezebel.com/5705496/the-impres...