Every Little Thing discussion

Information for Members > National I will not say day

Comments Showing 1-50 of 105 (105 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Christa (new)

Christa (christa_holley) | 442 comments Mod
December 3, 2010 is national I Will not Say Day
this is a holiday I made up in my mind by the way.*

The word we will not say is "like." For one whole day if you decide to pledge to it. You cannot say this word.

It is up to us to bring back the real English language and this is where we start. Don't say like from 12 am to 12 am and we are one step closer to making the English language something beside irrelevant similes.

Please join the cause and post this on any website and blog that you have. Tell your friends about it. Please send in your pledge!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I pledge that on December 3rd I will not say the word'like':)

message 3: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (alwaysrebecca) | 635 comments I pledge that on December 3rd I will not say the word "like"

i hate it when people say like between almost everyword... it does not sound inteligent. This is going to be fun! :)

message 4: by Michelle, Reality is twisted fantasy. (new)

Michelle | 161 comments Mod
I pledge that On December the Third of 2010, I will not say the word "like"

I do say that very much in discussions with my friends. But I can handle it. :) Whoo!

message 5: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) I pledge, that on the 3rd of December, I will NOT say the word "like"!!!!
(just trying to be different >.<)
Yay! I can do this!!!

message 6: by wolf spirit (last edited Dec 02, 2010 11:38AM) (new)

wolf spirit | 604 comments I pledge to the alligence of English Language to not say the Word LIKE on Dec. 3! Yeah.

LOL thanks Mistye I thought I typed the 3rd, but I typed the 12.

message 7: by Christa (new)

YEay!!! Thank you guys I am so like grateful. (jking)

message 8: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 663 comments I pledge to not say like on dec 3rd

message 9: by Alaina (new)

Alaina  (PeaceLoveWriting) i pledge not to say like on dec 3

message 10: by Alice (new)

Alice (aliciairene) I pledge I will not say 'like' on the Dec. 3

message 11: by Amby (new)

Amby (skys) | 734 comments Mod
i pledge to not say like on december 3rd

message 12: by ShadowTalon (new)

ShadowTalon (flameofnight) On like December like thirteen I will like totally not like say like all like day. This is, like, so totally like awesome like.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I DID IT!!!!!!!!! :P

message 14: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) Today's the day!!!! Yay!

message 15: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (alwaysrebecca) | 635 comments Mistye is it Sean who's sayig it?

And I haven't said it yet today! :)

message 16: by Christa (last edited Dec 11, 2010 10:39AM) (new)

Black Cat wrote: "On like December like thirteen I will like totally not like say like all like day. This is, like, so totally like awesome like."

LOL! You have taken similies to a level no coherrent& concious person would go. congradulations! =)

message 17: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (alwaysrebecca) | 635 comments How did I guess... I didn't say it at all either! It is possible.

message 18: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) Not for me. I forgot to not say it. Then as I was telling someone about it, I caught myself and kicked my own butt! I WILL make up for it tomorrow! Promise!

message 19: by Alaina (last edited Dec 04, 2010 05:37PM) (new)

Alaina  (PeaceLoveWriting) it was really hard not to say "like" i almost did it. i only said it once.... O_o lol

message 20: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 663 comments I almost did it. I think i said it once or twice accidentally :P

message 21: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 663 comments haha thanx you too stef!

message 22: by Amby (new)

Haha, I kept saying it in my mind so that way I wouldn't say it out loud. It helps. :)

message 23: by Christa (new)

Thank you everyone who took part in National I will not say day! I really appreciate it and so does the English language.
Would anyone mind telling about their day and how it was possibly like the hardest day of like their life? =)

message 24: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 663 comments lol, it was hard. i never really realized i said it so much.

message 25: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) I didn't realize I said it that much either! Since I am re-doing it today. It is a lot better. Then again, I am just keeping my mouth shut! Tee hee!
You could have a day, Christa, when we don't say "but" or "however." A professor was talking about how those two words are negative. Instead, use "and" in their place. He also said that we shouldn't say the phrase "ya know?", although he said it every other time he spoke!!

message 26: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (alwaysrebecca) | 635 comments good luck today Camilla!

message 27: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) Hee hee! Thanks! I know the day was yesterday, and this is my personal goal! I am determined to go 24 hours without saying "like."

message 28: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (alwaysrebecca) | 635 comments I am sure you will do it!

message 29: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 663 comments good luck!

message 30: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) Thanks!

miss. caitlin grace (yellow_grace) | 21 comments i think i did a good job. my friends looked at me funny when i told them what i was doing,it was sort of hard considering im in highschool, but i pulled through. i could do that again lol :) it was actually quite fun, and i noticed that i dont say 'like' as much as i used too! which is an improvement 4 me :D i am proud lmao.

message 32: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 33: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (alwaysrebecca) | 635 comments way to go Camilla! :)

message 34: by Alice (new)

Alice (aliciairene) Yay Camilla! (:

message 35: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 663 comments awesome camilla!

message 36: by wolf spirit (new)

wolf spirit | 604 comments It was awesome. I didn't say like at all.

OKay today I heard like at least five times in one sentence. From the same woman. I was astonished at how like is so much appropriate for the english language. It sounded so weird and unprofessonlaly when she used the word like in befor, middle, and at the end of her sentences. Who has had the same experience where you heard the word like or if you had heard the word like?

message 37: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) Lol.... Now that I am aware of how often it is used-with me and the people around me- I can't help but be annoyed (even at myself). I try to not say 'like' and use other words. I have been working on saying 'and' instead of ' but', and it's hard!

message 38: by Christa (new)

Yeay! I am so proud of all you guys! Thank you! Even if you didn't go the whole day at least you made an attempt.
Would anyone be willing to do this again? If enough people pledge we could try for a I will not say week. =)

message 39: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) Oh man! I am not sure how a week will go. :D I'm up for it!

message 40: by Alice (new)

Alice (aliciairene) Let's do it!

message 41: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 663 comments sure! sounds like fun :P

message 42: by Alaina (new)

Alaina  (PeaceLoveWriting) I'll try

message 43: by meri (new)

meri (meri_is_a_saltedfish) | 128 comments i wanna try...what's the next word....
but a week?! wow! that's almost impossible!

message 44: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 663 comments ahha i agree!

message 45: by Amby (new)

I'll do it. What's the word?

message 46: by Christa (new)

Yay!! More pledges! any chance that you can ask your friend to join our will not say cause? Surprisingly mine have been really supportive even if they refuse to pledge.

message 47: by wolf spirit (new)

wolf spirit | 604 comments LOL It is crazy just to hear the word like so much.

message 48: by Christa (new)

It is! have you ever just sat and listen to people talk. This one girl in one of my classes used that word 10 times in one statement.

message 49: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) I at least TRY not to say it. It just shows us how children don't learn enough in school and grow up using the word like 10 times in a single statement!

message 50: by meri (new)

meri (meri_is_a_saltedfish) | 128 comments Christa wrote: "It is! have you ever just sat and listen to people talk. This one girl in one of my classes used that word 10 times in one statement."

*LOL*

« previous 1 3