Delirity discussion

Author H > Jane Jameson - M. Harper

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (last edited Jun 13, 2012 02:07AM) (new)

message 2: by Heather (last edited Dec 01, 2010 02:24PM) (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
I'm in the middle of it and I'm loving it. The plot is mediocre so far, but the lines are classic. It's quotes are keeping me entertained. Hopefully the plot picks up and adds to it.

message 3: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments For me these ones are fluff, any where from good to ok.

message 4: by Heather (new)

That's how they turned out. Some great one liners, but not much to support them. Although, they do work to escape life since they're so light. I do think they're a little better written than the newer MJD books.

message 5: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Heather try her chick lit book And One Last Thing .... It was funny and I thought better than these.

message 6: by Heather (new)

I wanted to, but I don't think my library had it.

message 7: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments i just got the first book on my nook because I heard it was kinda like Chicago land but funnier.So far the amazon reviews were right.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Ladies I went on a total reading binge for these books! Love them it's so hard to find comedic PNR that doesn't try too hard and has amazing leading ladies (AKA the leading lady isn't stupid).

The plots are fun and the character depth is perfect!

message 9: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Shera, check out her site, she has a short on it that is funny.

message 10: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments Just reminded that I need to catch up with books 2 and 3 before the 4th comes out.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments So excited I made it in time for the fourth one!! I can't bring myself to read the book discription becuase I really want to be surprised.

message 12: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments I hope this doesnt become one of those 40 book series or I will never finish it. lol I Dont read those. Hopefully it will have just enough books to end the story the way it should be.

message 13: by Heather (new)

No, I think she struggled to get the publishers agree to book 4 since not enough were being bought. Tons were being rented and shared, but people weren't purchasing.

message 14: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments Yes, thats been happening with alot of good authors now. If its not in the YA section people just dont buy as much now days.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments It's really sad, I think she's waaaaaay better then a lot of authors trying to right comedic pnur. (*cough* Davidson*cough*)

It's true, if it's not YA it seems like people are less inclined to own it.

message 16: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "It's really sad, I think she's waaaaaay better then a lot of authors trying to right comedic pnur. (*cough* Davidson*cough*)"

So true!

message 17: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments I also love how all the titles are like Nice girls dont... and then she does it in the book LMAO.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Right! It's a fun quirk about the series.

message 19: by Joseph (last edited Feb 28, 2012 06:07AM) (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 8 comments I loved the first three in this hilarious series and was not let down with the fourth. I just have to tell you that with book four I was laughing with every turn of the page, it was a complete riot, the best of them all. I really would like to see a fifth. FYI, she has written a split off "The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires" also.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Wow!! You ate the fourth one up fast!! Glad to here the 4th is just is great.

Hopefully she'll get the OK to right more for the series.

message 21: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments more is okay 6 is the limit though. LOL no moe 20 book series' s (idk if thats a word but it works..i think)

message 22: by Heather (new)

Ya. While I love series, if you prolong them too much you loose the spark to keep them fresh. I hate seeing a series that I love end, but very few authors can keep things going after 4 books, and fewer still after 7 or 8. They just get stale, or the early ones were so good they can't beat them.
Sad to say, but I think Cat and Bones are going to go that way.

message 23: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Heather wrote: "Sad to say, but I think Cat and Bones are going to go that way."

Sadly, I have to agree with you on this one.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Yeah, it's getting really old with the series be drug out. There are some authors who hold onto the magic.

That makes me sad about Cat and Bones, I keep holding off because I'm afraid none of them will live up to book 1.

message 25: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments For me I was ok until book 4 or 5.

message 26: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments Darcy wrote: "For me I was ok until book 4 or 5."

Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "Yeah, it's getting really old with the series be drug out. There are some authors who hold onto the magic.

That makes me sad about Cat and Bones, I keep holding off because I'm afraid none of the..."

Darcy wrote: "Heather wrote: "Sad to say, but I think Cat and Bones are going to go that way."

Sadly, I have to agree with you on this one."

Heather wrote: "Ya. While I love series, if you prolong them too much you loose the spark to keep them fresh. I hate seeing a series that I love end, but very few authors can keep things going after 4 books, and f..."

I agree Im on book 4 of Cat and Bones now and Im not flying through it like I did the first three. Its already getting Tiring.

message 27: by Heather (new)

Shera... I think it was book 3... blew me away.
Book 4 was odd and 5 didn't pick up, but I'd read through to 3 at least. Best character comes in then, plus there's oh so much emotion.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Well, the Night Huntress books are ones I'll probably follow to the bitter end.

message 29: by Heather (new)

I will too, no matter what happens.

message 30: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I just read the newest one, Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors (Jane Jameson, #4) by Molly Harper and it was good. Typical in what happens to Jane, but she does go off on some really great rants.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments We do love her for her rants.

message 32: by Cassie Cruel (new)

Cassie Cruel (faith_isola) | 80 comments Just started this series!!