Crimson Company- A Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay discussion

Read Before Making Chars

Comments Showing 1-50 of 92 (92 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) (last edited Dec 27, 2010 02:22PM) (new)

Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) Richardson (tap3w3rm) | 68 comments Mod
So basically this roleplay is about some Dogs of War, some mercenaries who have been requited for a task. This task usually involves killing.

Types of Chars

Humans- Normal humans. Can use any weapons or armour that you can think of, Shields, axes, clubs, swords, muskets, pistols, maces ect.

Ogres- Massive 10 foot tall grey skinned monsters. Will do anything for money. They loooooove to eat! Use weapons like clubs and maces.Sometimes big swords.Rarely will ride Rhinoxs, like a giant hair rhino

Dwarfs- Stubborn and feierce fighters and have a fondness for gold. Use weapons like axes, pistols, hammers, muskets, crossbows. doesnt use mounts.

Wood Elves- Hit and run type attacks. bows and spears, no armour. ride horses

Dark Elves- Evil and malicious. Uses creul spears, knives and swords and repeater crossbows. Rides black horses or giant lizards called cold ones.

Hight Elves- Noble and arrogant. Spears and bows. Ride Horses

Halflings- small and hobit like. Love to eat. Spears and bows mainly.

So I'd like mostly humans with a smattering of elves,ogres and dwarfs.

Two of you can be wizards. First come first served. Halflings cant be wizards. Wizards must pick on eof the folowing lores

Lore of fire- direct Damage Magic- Fireballs, flaming weapons ect.
Lore of Beasts- Summoming and shapeshifting magic
Lore of Metal- alchemy, transmutations
Lore of Light- Buff magic, makes troop fasters, shooting light beams and stuff, effective vs undead and daemons
Lore of Life- buff magic, makes troops tougher, heals, can control woods
Lore of Shadow- Tricky magic, curse magic summonons black steeds and pits of doooom!!!
Lore of Heavens- astromancy- curse magic and summons lightning bolts and comets
Lore of death- Direct damage- bolts of death
Gut Magic- Ogres only, buff magic- makes tougher and heals wounds. damaging to the caster usually.

Magic Items- You can each have one magical item that has an effect thats not too ridiculous and over the top.

Example- Bobby the Ogre has a Sheild that absorbs magic attacks.

Templates

Name:
Weapons and gear- 3 Max
Description:
Personality:
History of why they became a mercenary in the Crimson Company:

Name: Captain Marcellus
Race: Human
Weapons and gear- Pistol, Lance, Broadsword(rumoured to be magic!!). Plate armour shield and a warhorse
Description: tall and grim, jet black hair falls to his shoulders. Always wears, you guessed it, crimson clothes
Personality: Grim and excellent fighter,
History of why they became a mercenary in the Crimson Company: Served in a mercenary band for years before leaving and formin his own grop: The Crimson Company

message 3: by Maggie (last edited Dec 03, 2010 06:12PM) (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) Name: Ailurus

Race: High Elf

Weapons and gear- Ailurus owns a small, but effective, hunting bow, along with a poisoned dart collection she got off a trader at a very steep price. While they aren't ranged, she can use them in close combat. She also carries a spear carved with runes
Crafted by her father, the inscribed runes help her locate the spear if it is lost or stolen, not matter the distance or time separating them. In times past, she has tricked enemies into nicking the spear so she could follow them at her leisure.

Description: Ailurus is tall, green-eyed, and blonde, favoring her mother's large, almond-shaped cat-like eyes and slim figure. She usually wears long, elegant cloak-gowns, or soft, supple riding breeches, with her hair in elaborate, but practical, braids and twists.

Personality: She is fair towards humans, but has a short fuse of temper, and doesn't like what she doesn't understand. She likes being alone, and simply can't stand ignorance. It's like a slap in the face.

History of why they became a mercenary in the Crimson Company: Ailurus's father and mother were mercenaries. Although she may put on a face about it, she really does enjoy her work, and hoped to make a fair title for herself on this journey. She owns an Apaloosa, Palouse. She takes the mare on all of her mercenary works and treasures her like a daughter.

Alex is in but Ailurus needs weapons.

message 5: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) Seems *facepalms* abound today. I was going to go back and add them in, but forgot.

Cool Spear effect!

message 7: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) :) Thankies cousin.

message 8: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) Me, too?

Alright I think 3 people is enough to start this!

Rene- I hope your elf is supposed to be 150 years old not 15!!! XD

Most dark elves are sorceress the males are hunted down and killed.

Just saying :P i'll work your char into the fluff after we deal with the ogres.

message 12: by Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) (last edited Jan 02, 2011 10:21AM) (new)

Name: Nunk
Race: Ogre
Weapons and gear- Massive rusty bloodstained cleaver
Description: He is an Ogre Butcher- The ogre mage. Uses Gut Magic. Butchers communicate to thier god by eating massive amounts of food. 10 feet tall and grey skinned. He is bald with a round head and piggish eyes. Hooks and spikes and knives are thrust through his thick skin rather than using a belt. He wears a loincloth and a filthy bloodstained sackcloth apron, with pockets to hold food.
Personality: Not very smarth, but feiercly loyal and always hungry always always always, Seems to get along with Alex very well but dislikes all elves intensly
History of why they became a mercenary in the Crimson Company: Marcellus offered him food. So

message 13: by Kate (new)

Kate Name: Ariel
Race: Human
Weapons and gear: She is very attached to a mace she picked up from her first fight, which she uses for everything, besides that, she has a mint set of daggers, that she has never used and hopes to learn with and a case of poisons and darts. She wears very little armor.
Description: http://quizilla.teennick.com/user_ima...
Personality: Very supersticious, she loves her tarot cards. She isn't trusting of much else, though, and is more likely to kill you than befriend you. She has a habit of kissing those she believes are going to die, even the ones she kills.
History of why they became a mercenary in the Crimson Company: Didn't have much better to do. It was either this or rot in jail like the vagabond she is.

Alright new charrie! Sweet! She can come in in a bit after we're done planning where we are going to go.

message 15: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 96 comments Name: Valcorath
Race: Dark Elf
Weapons and gear- A large and vicious Cold one (called Spite), a pair of curved daggers, a repeater crossbow
Description: http://www.coolshowcase.com/picture/6...
Personality: Brave, harbours a stunning hatred of goblins, logical, intelligent, semi-devout cultist to the chaos god Khorne - often secretly colecting the skulls of his victims to pile as an offering to Khorne.
History of why they became a mercenary in the Crimson Company: Simply to claim more skulls for the towering throne of Khorne.

message 16: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 96 comments it would be an Archmage of light Rhiannon, very good charrie by the way

Joe wrote: "Name: Valcorath
Race: Dark Elf
Weapons and gear- A large and vicious Cold one (called Spite), a pair of curved daggers, a repeater crossbow
Description: http://www.coolshowcase.com/pic..."

Sweet a fellow gamer! Have you read the Mallus Darkblade Books because he is a Delf and his Cold One is Spite as well.

And elves live a long time! Young for an elf would be about 50 or so.

Everyone is free to start posting BTW.

message 20: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 96 comments thanks, in fact i drew inspiration for Valcorath from a mixture of thorin oakenshield (the hobbit) and a member of the astarii (or something) from 'Reaper of Souls'. I am addicted to warhammer, 40k and Fantasy, but am new to roleplaying.

P.S. What kind of time, (grenich mean time) are the most people on goodreads for this rp?

message 21: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 96 comments cool

message 22: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 96 comments How could I be integrated into the storyline?
I've read most of it and can't think of a way that isn't too much like I'm intruding.

Well we had another dark elf guy who led some shade type foot scouts, but he dropped out. You can lead those.

Also Cecelia you can have a horse and ride with maggies elves.

message 24: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 96 comments Are the shade scouts astarii per chance, and if not, could they be?

message 25: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 96 comments Shut up sis!

message 26: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 96 comments I know dat

Joe wrote: "Are the shade scouts astarii per chance, and if not, could they be?"

you mean Arsai? Shades are for Dark Elves.

message 28: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 96 comments Something like that, they are in the third book of the Malus Darkblade set: Reaper of Souls.

message 29: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 96 comments thats nice

Pfft warcraft is a knockoff of Warhammer!

message 31: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 96 comments Everyone knows, are you on the roleplay at the moment, or just this?

I just posted on the rp. So what aremies do you play in warhammer?

message 33: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 96 comments Truthfully, I only collect 40k, but if I could afford it I would collect lizardmen and tomb kings.

I play Daemons and Nilla Marines in 40k and Tomb Kings, Skaven, Daemons and Orcs and Goblins in fantasy.

You play at a games workshop?

message 35: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 96 comments ((gots to go))

message 36: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 96 comments My sister only likes what appeals to her artistic side, and when I play in GW, I am constantly amazed at how each race will defeat the strategy which slaughters its allies. Eldar only seem to work like that, unable to achive victory without exploiting the weaknesses of thier foes, most of which I don't know.

message 37: by Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) (last edited Apr 14, 2011 05:01PM) (new)

If Rhiannon is looking to collect then why not pick a themed army with a lot of artistic appeal, I.E one that involves a lot of conversions or mixed units.

Personally I think the Dark Elves have the best way to do this with a Cult of Slaanesh Army!

You can use the Seekers as Dark Riders, Daemonettes as Witches, Keeper of Secrets as Hydras and Daemonettes with wings glued on them as harpies! Mix in some of the really sweet dark elf models, Knights, Corsairs and their heroes and you have an army with a lot of conversion possibilites! Corsairs and knights with crab arms, Knights riding on Steeds, Heroes riding on Feinds and ect.

And to keep up with her you can start lzzies at the same time! Make a small campaign that appeals to your tactical side and make a cool battlefield and put some backstory to your campaign. Make up Special rules for her conversions and stuff like that.

Maybe like

Master Drakir stood aside his foul Daemonic Mount. He could sense the power eminating from the Ruined lizardmen temple. It would only be a few moments before his army would land on the shores. But they were not unnaposed. His small scouting force would establish a beach head and a staging point for the incasion of Lustria!

Scenario- Beach Head
Armies- The Dark Elves may Select 500 Points worth of troops, no restrictions apply except that no hydras may be taken. The Dark Elves also have to take Master Drakir.

The Lizardmen may select up to 500 Points worth of troops. No restrictions apply save that no lords, rares or stegadons may be chose.

Scenario Rules- The Dark Elves are attempting to establish a stronghold so that the rest of the dark elves may follow. The lizardmen are attempting to stop them!

The Dark Elves get 1 Point for each Lizardmen Unit that is fleeing at the end of the game. They also get an additional point if they control any table queaters at the end of the game.

The Lizardmen get 1 point for each dark elf unit wiped out and 3 points for killing Drakir.

Drakir- He is a Dark Elf Master with a Lance, Sheild and a 5+ Ward Save. He rides a Feind of Slaanesh-
m-10 ws-4 str-4 w-3 a-4 i-6 ld-8, Always strikes First and Posined attacks.

message 38: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 96 comments That sounds really cool, and as soon as I'm done with eldar im moving to lizardmen, looking at your scenario I'd say delves have the advantage... so lizards should get the first turn.

Well the whole thing was supposed to couple with Rhiannons love of painting with your tactical stuff.

Rhiannon just read this part: If Rhiannon is looking to collect then why not pick a themed army with a lot of artistic appeal, I.E one that involves a lot of conversions or mixed units.

Personally I think the Dark Elves have the best way to do this with a Cult of Slaanesh Army!

You can use the Seekers as Dark Riders, Daemonettes as Witches, Keeper of Secrets as Hydras and Daemonettes with wings glued on them as harpies! Mix in some of the really sweet dark elf models, Knights, Corsairs and their heroes and you have an army with a lot of conversion possibilites! Corsairs and knights with crab arms, Knights riding on Steeds, Heroes riding on Feinds and ect.

message 40: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 96 comments After lizmen (short for lizardmen) we should get delves cult of slanesh ie daemons and elves!!

Yeah! Dude I figured I'd share the news with some fellow gamers, I;m going to the Semi's of Ard Boyz!! Gonna stomp the yard with my skaven :D

Very awesome! Ard Boyz is a national warhammer tourney!

message 43: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 96 comments I am back, for a day or two, how you doin with the skaven, whos your leader?

basically my skaven general is a grey seer(although I actually run two grey seer, one of them is a suicide wizard) who is a nasty rat wizard.

The toruney is this saturday, I'm stoked.

message 45: by Rinofthemill (new)

Rinofthemill how was it????

message 46: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 96 comments Back for Summer, how did your skaven do in 'ard boys?

Skaven did pretty decent! I managed to get two major wins and one loss which isn't terrible for the most balls to the wall tourney in the land :p

message 48: by Rinofthemill (new)

Rinofthemill brillinat can we please roleplay again?

message 50: by Rinofthemill (new)

Rinofthemill yay! *hugs*

« previous 1