Q & A with Holly Weiss, author of Crestmont discussion

Welcome > Welcome! Please introduce yourself.

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Holly (last edited Dec 01, 2010 12:47PM) (new)

Holly Weiss (hollyweiss) | 38 comments Mod
I’m so glad you stopped by my author discussion group. Please introduce yourselves and tell me a little about who you are.

I’ve started a couple of topics, but I invite you to add your own. I look forward to answering your questions. You may find the discussion thread "About Holly Weiss" which explains how I came to write Crestmont interesting.
Crestmont by Holly Weiss Crestmont

message 2: by Shelley (new)

Shelley Stout | 1 comments Hi! I'm Shelley Stout, author of two books: Radium Halos, and Celebrities for Breakfast. I have a Facebook page, I'm on Twitter, and I love Goodreads for connecting with readers and other authors!

message 3: by Eli (new)

Eli (elipenn) | 3 comments Hi. I'm Eli. Read Crestmont last June.Great charaterizartions.

message 4: by Renee (new)

Renee (steelergirl83) | 2 comments Hi Holly! I read a bit of everything but I love fiction (including Crestmont) and I have a blog where I review it regularly. Website is in my profile. :-)

message 5: by Rene (new)

Rene (rene13) | 3 comments Hi Holly, I hope you are well and ready for the holiday season. As I have told you I grew up very near to the CRESTMONT; and visited the hotel as a girl and as an adult. I stayed at the Evergreen Lodge before it was remodeled. The piano was still in the basement. We sat on the screened in porch as well. I loved reading the book, it is a fantastic read that everyone will enjoy. Rene

message 6: by Holly (new)

Shelley wrote: "Hi! I'm Shelley Stout, author of two books: Radium Halos, and Celebrities for Breakfast. I have a Facebook page, I'm on Twitter, and I love Goodreads for connecting with readers and other authors!"

Welcome, Shelley. Feel free to stop by and leave a comment. Thanks for your review of Crestmont.

message 7: by Holly (new)

Welcome to Rene and Renee! Thank you both for your reviews of Crestmont. I appreciate you stopping by.
Rene, thanks for all your support. Renee, thanks for posting Crestmont on your website.

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah23l) Hello Holly! I finished the book so I thought I'd pop in and discuss it :-)

message 9: by Holly (new)

I see a few more people have joined the group. Welcome, Sarah, Shannon, Stacey, Bobbi, Trace and Liz. Look forward to your questions and comments. I'm going to extend the group until Jan 1st.

message 10: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Hi Holly! I'm Melissa & joined the NI end of the year group read of Crestmont. I'm about halfway through and really enjoying it, so I thought I'd join.

Thank you for doing this Q&A!

message 11: by Holly (new)

Kaliki wrote: "Hi Holly! I'm Melissa & joined the NI end of the year group read of Crestmont. I'm about halfway through and really enjoying it, so I thought I'd join.

Thank you for doing this Q&A!"

Hi, Melissa. Thanks for joining. Glad you found us :)

message 12: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (slkenn79) Hi. I've joined the group because I am doing the group read of Crestmont with NI. I've only just started the book :)

message 13: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne (jeanne_voelker) Hi Stacey,

What is NI?

message 14: by Holly (new)

Stacey wrote: "Hi. I've joined the group because I am doing the group read of Crestmont with NI. I've only just started the book :)"

Stacey, you have plenty of time. I extended the Q & A until Jan 1st. Thanks for joining!

message 15: by Holly (new)

Jeanne wrote: "Hi Stacey,

What is NI?"

Jeanne, NI is The Novel Ideas, a reading group started by fearless leader/moderator Shelli here on Goodreads. The Novel Ideas graciously decided to make Crestmont one of their December group reads.
Check The Novel Ideas out at http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/2...

message 16: by Karla (last edited Dec 26, 2010 06:56PM) (new)

Karla (bookarita) | 3 comments I was doing some lurking through the Novel Ideas posts and realized I should pop in and say hello :) I live in Nebraska, I'm 38 years old married for 13 years and a mother of two. I love reading almost anything, my form of therapy! I do have a soft spot for edgy quirky reads, series reads as well as anything new or original. Holly, I read and reviewed your book and I enjoyed it. It was a refreshing style I haven't read much of. It was nice to read something sweet before the Christmas season. I do have some questions on the book I think you can answer for me in time if you have the time. Congrats on the Kindle version of your book! Look forward to chatting with you all!

message 17: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Holly - I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm friends on facebook with a couple of people in the GR group Book Addicts and they just added Crestmont to their tbr's. I told them about this Q&A thread, so they might join. I don't know if the entire group is reading it for a group read or if it's just a couple of them.

Anyway, just thought you'd like to know.

message 18: by Holly (new)

Kaliki wrote: "Holly - I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm friends on facebook with a couple of people in the GR group Book Addicts and they just added Crestmont to their tbr's. I told t..."
Thanks so much!

message 19: by Holly (new)

Karla wrote: "I was doing some lurking through the Novel Ideas posts and realized I should pop in and say hello :) I live in Nebraska, I'm 38 years old married for 13 years and a mother of two. I love reading a..."

Karla, I really appreciate your comments. Ask away on those questions. I'll just keep the Q & A open indefinitely. Welcome!

message 20: by Holly (new)

Kaliki wrote: "Holly - I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm friends on facebook with a couple of people in the GR group Book Addicts and they just added Crestmont to their tbr's. I told t..."
I looked for Book Addicts and couldn't find them. I was going to invite them to join in.

message 22: by Melissa (new)

Melissa There's a link to the group, Holly. It's actually The Book Addicts .. sorry about that.

They have an Author's Corner if you scroll down aways. That's probably the best place to post.

I have several friends in the group, and I'll definitely recommend Crestmont!

message 23: by Holly (new)

Kaliki wrote: "There's a link to the group, Holly. It's actually The Book Addicts .. sorry about that.

They have an Author's Corner if you scroll down aways. That's probably the best place to post.

I have seve..."
Thanks, I appreciate it!

message 24: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne | 4 comments Good afternoon, Holly. I wanted to pop in and be a part of the discussion group. I found out about "Crestmont" when I met Holly at a bookstore. I haven't gotten a chance to read the book yet, because the copy we purchased, we donated to our library, and it has been a very popular book! I'm currently on reserve for it. But I'm very interested in reading about the novel, and the discussions it creates. It just amps up the suspense of waiting to read it! I wish you a very Happy New Year celebration with lots of love, happiness, and memories to last. Have a great day! :)

message 25: by Holly (new)

Hi, Adrienne and welcome! Thanks for your comments. I also donated several books to libraries, especially in Sullivan county. I hope you get your reserve copy soon. When you do, let me know what you think. Best wishes for a wonderful New Year!
Holly

message 26: by Holly (last edited Jan 03, 2011 11:21AM) (new)

Thank you to all who participated in this Q & A. I'll keep it open for awhile for those of you who haven't finished Crestmont. I appreciate all of your comments and questions.
http://bit.ly/ic9I7Z
Holly

Rick-Founder JM CM BOOK CLUB  | 1 comments Hi Holly- Rick here- so happy to be part of this Group- Crestmont seems like such a wonderful book!

message 28: by Holly (new)

Rick wrote: "Hi Holly- Rick here- so happy to be part of this Group- Crestmont seems like such a wonderful book!"

Thanks, Rick. Welcome to the group.

message 29: by Adrienne (last edited Jan 19, 2011 01:51PM) (new)

Adrienne | 4 comments I finished Crestmont! It was such a fantastic book; I really enjoyed it. It was very nostalgic, it gave a voice to that time period of history. I could envision myself at the Crestmont in the 20s.

message 30: by Holly (new)

Adrienne wrote: "I finished Crestmont! It was such a fantastic book; I really enjoyed it. It was very nostalgic, it gave a voice to that time period of history. I could envision myself at the Crestmont in the 20s."

Thank you, Adrienne. I'm thrilled you liked it, being as you come from the area. Thanks for leaving a comment.

Q & A with Holly Weiss, author of Crestmont

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Crestmont (other topics)