YA Book Club Not Just For Teens! discussion

Monthly Book Nominations > January Nominations

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JennRenee (new)

JennRenee (jennreneeread) | 226 comments Mod
Its that time again! we need to make nominations but first I would like to make a poll for the genres we should nominate in.

message 2: by JennRenee (new)

It looks like Historical Fiction and Fantasy won for the month of Januray. Please nominate a book for each. thanks!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Historical: Vixen (Flappers, #1) by Jillian Larkin Vixen (The Flappers #1) by Lila Fine

Fantasy: The Alchemyst (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #1) by Michael Scott The Alchemyst (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel #1) by Michael Scott

message 5: by JennRenee (new)

Historical- Sphinx's Princess by Esther M. Friesner
Fantasy- Glimmerglass (Faeriewalker, #1) by Jenna Black

message 6: by papalbina (last edited Dec 09, 2010 07:19AM) (new)

papalbina Fantasy: Once a witch

Historical: Revolution

fO.o

message 7: by Michael (new)

Michael Mcdaid | 23 comments Mod
Historcial: Kingdom's Dawn (Kingdom Series, Book 1) by Chuck Black
Fantasy: The Extraordinary Adventures of Alfred Kropp (Alfred Kropp, #1) by Rick Yancey

message 8: by Melissa (YA Book Shelf) (last edited Dec 09, 2010 07:53AM) (new)

Melissa (YA Book Shelf) (yabookshelf) Historical: Wildthorn

Fantasy: Sisters Red

message 9: by JennRenee (new)

The polls are up. Please feel free to vote!

message 10: by Kellee (new)

Kellee Moye (kelleemoye) I don't want to be a total party pooper, but has anyone read about the James Frey fiction factory thing. I Am Number Four is the first book they "produced" and I am refusing to read it based on principle. If you haven't heard about it:

http://nymag.com/arts/books/features/...
http://www.maureenjohnsonbooks.com/20...

All you have to do is google James Frey fiction factory to learn more...

message 11: by JennRenee (new)

I cant tell anyone not to read this book if they want to but I have to agree with Kellee. After reading this article, and even though it sounds like an interesting book, I don't think I can support this. I am going to add a third book for this month. The next book with the most books is Glimmerglass, which is what I will read. If you do read I am Number Four, you can still discuss under the book of the month.

message 12: by Kellee (new)

Kellee Moye (kelleemoye) Jennifer wrote: "I cant tell anyone not to read this book if they want to but I have to agree with Kellee. After reading this article, and even though it sounds like an interesting book, I don't think I can support..."

Thanks Jennifer. Isn't it horrible?!?! I mean after what happened with his memoir you'd think he'd stay under the radar and, you know, be moral, but NO, he has to do this which is even worse than lying about his memoir. And just like you said, I am not going to tell anyone else not to read it, but I am not going to and I hope others read about it and chose not to support it.