Young Adult Book Reading Challenges discussion

Zombies Vs. Unicorns
This topic is about Zombies Vs. Unicorns
Zombies vs. Unicorns > "Prom Night" by Libba Bray

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tatiana (tatiana_g) What did you think of the ending? Is there a light at the end of the tunnel? Or all is lost?

Claire (clairecao) | 29 comments The ending seemed very bleak in my opinion :S But the story was brilliant, one my favourites.

Tatiana (tatiana_g) I enjoyed this story as well, but to me it was the most depressing than any other in the anthology. I wanted the book to end with something more hopeful.

Claire (clairecao) | 29 comments Yeah, as the last story of the anthology, it kind of left me feeling empty and sad. Not a great way to end a good reading experience.

Annalisa (goodreadsannalisa) I think since so much of the anthology was humorous (especially the commentary stringing the stories together), it was the wrong feel for the ending. Plus, a story about zombies entitled Prom Night by Libba Bray who is quite capable of humor, left me with an expectation of humor that wasn't there.

Julia | 432 comments I really liked this story and I liked that it was the last story, too.
Yes, it was bleak and after Prom it's going to get ugly, but for now it's Prom. Tahmina is the first practitioner of Zorasterism I’ve read about in fiction. I liked that she and Jeff are cops, because kids still need order.

message 7: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Angie | 2687 comments Mod
I agree that this was a weird way to end the anthology. I would think you would end it on a positive note. But hey, maybe humans are tunneling in, not zombies right? I really thought this one was well written. I didn't think this story had that much humor in it either. I did like the whole cop idea. All society's need order. That is why all groups/societies have a leader. A leader always rises up. I wondered though why the other cops didn't see these tunnels in the goggles? You would think someone would have. I like how the kids were able to raid the mall for their dresses, and still judged each other like teens do.

Grace (gdaminato) | 520 comments Angie wrote: "...But hey, maybe humans are tunneling in, not zombies right?..."
It doesn't really matter who's tunneling in...the'll all be zombies by the morning. Robin's been infecting everyone all night, apologizing as she goes along.

One more safe harbour lost to humanity.

message 9: by Brighton (new)

Brighton Henderson (brighton_hendy) | 1 comments I was so confused about the ending. Why did the girlfriend of that zombie they killed at the beginning say "I'm sorry" and why did the sky explode in a "new light"