Immortals After Dark discussion

The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark, #0.5)
This topic is about The Warlord Wants Forever
The Books > The Warlord Wants Forever (Book #1)

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica Wimberly (lovehina154) | 10 comments I'm reading this right now. And I don't think I like Myst all that much.

message 2: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (last edited May 28, 2011 08:05AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 779 comments Mod
I would have liked for them to have a full-length novel, and it would have shown a lot more, but I guess this was a pitch to the publisher to start the series, and I'm grateful that she was able to do these books. Even short, it's still an awesome story, IMHO.

message 3: by Alexa (last edited Oct 10, 2011 09:02AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alexa | 59 comments Quizz created about TWWF, under the tags of immortals after dark, kresley cole and myst!
For everyone who enjoyed this story, hope you enjoy the quizz too!

Stephanie North-Skars | 4 comments I like this book. Many emotions about it: First, I disliked Myst's behavior, but then I disliked Nikolai's. Then at the end I LOVED this couple. It's NOT easy to love a Valkyrie, and it's NOT easy to be one. ;)

Very apt description, Stephanie. I read A Hunger Like No Other first, but I really, really enjoyed this story. Both of them are set in their ways, but love does conquer all.

Stephanie North-Skars | 4 comments Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Very apt description, Stephanie. I read A Hunger Like No Other first, but I really, really enjoyed this story. Both of them are set in their ways, but love does conquer all."

Yes, I read A Hunger Like No Other in 2006, but I'm not very loyal following series so I forgot. Then, I remember these books and some friends recommend it. I'm reading again A Hunger Like No Other. Really enjoying the second book too. :)

It's best to take one's time with these delicious books. I still need to read Dreams of a Dark Warrior.

I'm looking forward to it, Lizabel!

message 10: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen (kdmae1) | 2 comments I guess I completly missed this book... This is the first book in the series???

message 11: by Liz Barrons-Kattalakis-Quiakides-Tehrror (last edited Nov 10, 2011 09:29PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liz Barrons-Kattalakis-Quiakides-Tehrror | 48 comments Kathleen wrote: "I guess I completely missed this book... This is the first book in the series???"

The first one is the novella "The Warlord Wants Forever"

They go in this Order...

0.5 Playing Easy to Get (Includes B.A.D. Series, #1.5; Vikings Underground, #3; Immortals After Dark, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon "The Warlord wants Forever" novella (Nikolai Roth & Myst)
1. A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) by Kresley Cole 2. No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #3) by Kresley Cole 3. Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #4) by Kresley Cole 4. Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark, #5) by Kresley Cole 5. Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #6) by Kresley Cole 6. Kiss of a Demon King (Immortals After Dark, #7) by Kresley Cole
6.5 Deep Kiss of Winter (Includes Immortals After Dark, #8; Alien Huntress, #4.5) by Kresley Cole novella "Untouched" (Murdoch Roth & Daniela)
7. Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark #9) by Kresley Cole 8. Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark, #10) by Kresley Cole 9. Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Immortals After Dark, #11) by Kresley Cole 10. Lothaire (Immortals After Dark, #12) by Kresley Cole (2012)

Alexa | 59 comments Hear hear! News from Kresley Cole's page on facebook...

Hi folks,

Great news! To celebrate the eBook release of THE WARLORD WANTS FOREVER (previously pubbed in the scorching Playing Easy to Get anthology), my publisher has added bonus content to the WARLORD: an exclusive extended excerpt of LOTHAIRE. I'll still be posting my standard excerpt here on the 22nd, but if you'd like to read a much larger chunk of LOTHAIRE (the prologue plus FIVE chapters, including scenes from his childhood), pre-order THE WARLORD WANTS FOREVER...

Also...
And lastly, I'd like to announce The Realm of Blood and Mist, my paperback spin-off series of the IAD that follows the Dacians (those thought-to-be-mythic vampires). Book 1 is called SHADOW'S CLAIM (and is available for pre-order). This is my first new series in over five years, and I can't wait to share those sexy, powerful characters with you. Perhaps you'll get to know them in LOTHAIRE . . . ? ;)

So. Patience, patience... It's only a few weeks away... Or so I keep telling myself!

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 204 comments Can't find the anthology containing The Warlord Wants Forever? Well this is the latest from KC's newsletter. The date referred to is Nov 22.

Also, available on that day? The Warlord Wants Forever ebook goes on sale! This is the novella that started the series (previously pubbed in the scorching Playing Easy to Get anthology). It features the Valkyrie Myst the Coveted and vampire Nikolai Wroth. Now, it's priced at $1.99.

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 8 comments I'm confused why this is labeled as book 1 if it's a short story. I mean on Amazon and some other places, A Hunger Like No Other is labeled as the first book and I agree with that b/c I really dont' count short novels that are not full books an actual book. It got confusing to me at first looking for the actual first book.

message 15: by Liz Barrons-Kattalakis-Quiakides-Tehrror (last edited Nov 29, 2011 04:09PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liz Barrons-Kattalakis-Quiakides-Tehrror | 48 comments Mariya wrote: "I'm confused why this is labeled as book 1 if it's a short story. I mean on Amazon and some other places, A Hunger Like No Other is labeled as the first book and I agree with that b/c I really dont..."

Is because is not a full book is only a novella...I guess because K. Cole wrote it first and then she develope the series. I got my copy of Playing Easy to Get (Includes B.A.D. Series, #1.5; Vikings Underground, #3; Immortals After Dark, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon on ebay very cheap!!!! I also saw the Audiobook of The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark, #1) by Kresley Cole @ Wallmart for $12 .

message 16: by Lauren (last edited Feb 10, 2012 03:58AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lauren (laurenjberman) After reading and loving A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) by Kresley Cole , I just had to read The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark, #1) by Kresley Cole to get Nikolai and Myst's backstory.
I don't really like novellas because they are too short and the character development is meh but I really enjoyed this one. Even though Nikolai was a little too domineering for my taste, he does seem to learn a lesson by the end. In fact, I think they both got as good as they gave and suit each other well.

message 17: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new) - rated it 5 stars

I think Myst gave as good as she got, Lauren. (view spoiler)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Ouch indeed!

iamGamz (shengen) | 2 comments Just finished reading Warlord and had mixed feelings. Loved the characters but wanted more. About to start Hunger and hoping there will be more of Myst and Wroth and their deliciously volatile relationship.

Rachelle, Naughty Enabler (muze4u) | 15 comments Shen wrote: "Just finished reading Warlord and had mixed feelings. Loved the characters but wanted more. About to start Hunger and hoping there will be more of Myst and Wroth and their deliciously volatile rel..."

I love this story and the audiobook of it is excellent. Myst and wroth have shown up in all the books I've read so far. I''m only up to Dire Needs though. This is an awesome series. I also just started

Shadow's Claim (The Dacians Realm of Blood and Mist, #1) by Kresley Cole

message 21: by Lulu (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lulu (lulululu) | 262 comments Rachelle, have you read "Lothaire" yet? Reading that before Shadow's Claim is almost necessary for the background.

Rachelle, Naughty Enabler (muze4u) | 15 comments Lulu wrote: "Rachelle, have you read "Lothaire" yet? Reading that before Shadow's Claim is almost necessary for the background."

really? i only just started. so should i read lothaire now or do you think it will spoil the other immortal books if i skip to lothaire? or should i just wait and read them in order?

message 23: by Lulu (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lulu (lulululu) | 262 comments Honestly, I'd read them in order. I don't think you'll really appreciate Shadow's Claim without the background from Lothaire. And, to appreciate Lothaire and the build up to his book, you should read the earlier ones in the series. So much is revealed in each book and Lothaire gets a lot of time in Regin's book in particular. You won't know who Thad is for example, when he shows up in Lothaire, without having read Regin/Declan's book. So, yep, I'd read them in order.

Rachelle, Naughty Enabler (muze4u) | 15 comments Lulu wrote: "Honestly, I'd read them in order. I don't think you'll really appreciate Shadow's Claim without the background from Lothaire. And, to appreciate Lothaire and the build up to his book, you should r..."

yes, that makes a lot if sense especially since i plan on reading the whole series anyway. thanks!

message 25: by Lulu (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lulu (lulululu) | 262 comments Enjoy! The IAD is one of my all-time favorite series so you have lots to look foward to.

Lauren (laurenjberman) Thanks for the heads up on that, Lulu!

message 27: by Lulu (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lulu (lulululu) | 262 comments You're welcome!

message 28: by Marlene (last edited Sep 07, 2015 11:34AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Marlene (missnewyorkxoxo) | 20 comments Nikolai is probably my least favorite IAD guy in the Lore bookwise, but I still like him though because he got better throughout the series. I just did not enjoy this book as much as I should have and I love Myst and really did not like some things he did to her.

Sylri | 17 comments I read this after AHLNO, and while I enjoyed it enough, it is probably my least favorite book so far (currently reading Dark Desires after Dusk) with Nikolai being my least favorite character. It's just hard to get into Nikolai as a character when he had so much less time to develop. He also had a habit of doing some... questionable things. I prefer him in the other books, where he acts as the responsible big brother figure. Despite the short length, I still like Myst. Go figure.

Akina | 24 comments While AHLNO is my favorite IAD book, I really enjoyed this book as well. Myst is a very bold and sassy character. She was a refreshing change from the heroines in the contemporary novels I usually read. I also loved Nikolai. What's not to love? Despite all the changes Myst put him through, he still did all he could to catch and keep her. Plus, he's a vampire. Dark, brooding, sexy. The strong, silent type. My every fantasy. I love how their story has continuity in other books.

FYI, my least favorite IAD book is probably DNANE. A vampire and a ghost? Not really feeling that. DKOW was also a bit of a letdown. Ice skin. EWWW. I hate the cold. That's why I moved to sunny Florida.