Into the Forest discussion

Film/TV /Radio Adaptations > Red Riding Hood

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christine (new)

Christine (chrisarrow) | 1388 comments Mod
Next March there is a Red Riding Hood movie being released. The director is the woman who directed Twilight. If you have On Demand, the trailer is up under Movies.

Link to trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM8V3c...

It looks visually stunning. And Gary Oldman is always nice to watch.

message 2: by Mawgojzeta (new)

Mawgojzeta | 240 comments Gary Oldman is great, although many of the movies he has been in are not. My favorite actor, Christopher Walken, has the same issue.

Anyhow.... the trailer looks interesting. I did not like Twilight myself, but that doesn't mean I won't like this.

message 3: by Christine (new)

Christine (chrisarrow) | 1388 comments Mod
I didn't see Twilight. I'll admit, I'm having a mixed reaction to this movie simply because there was a spot on MTV for it. I actually don't mean the sexualization. It does seem from the preview that there is going to be one of those teenage love triangles that meant annoy you if you are over 19.

Of course, I have yet to see Tangled.

message 4: by Mawgojzeta (new)

Mawgojzeta | 240 comments I am excited to see Tangled. Looks fun. I love cartoons with a bit of sass in them. BUT.... I will likely wait to see it until it comes out on dvd.

message 5: by Melissa (new)

Melissa That director is going to be labeled with "Twilight" for a long time. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing. I love fairy tale spin-offs, but I know I will automatically compare parts of this to Twilight now, even if that is not fair. That could be an advantage, but it could also turn a lot of people away.

I'll probably rent this from Redbox, when it comes out. It seems interesting, but that's because I'm always up for a fresh take on a fairy tale. And I agree that the visuals look lovely.

I read that the novel version they put out for this doesn't include the final chapter. You have to go to a website to read it, and it won't be released until after the movie comes out. What do you think about that?

message 6: by Mawgojzeta (new)

Mawgojzeta | 240 comments Melissa wrote: "...I read that the novel version they put out for this doesn't include the final chapter. You have to go to a website to read it, and it won't be released until after the movie comes out. What do you think about that?"

I would not buy a book that is not complete.