Delirity discussion

43 views
Author T-V > Soul Screamers - R. Vincent

Comments Showing 1-50 of 71 (71 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 2: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I think that this series grows on you the more you read them. I do lover the covers. I think my favorite part of these books is the by play with Tod and Nash.


message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
I have the prequel, but haven't been motivated to read it just yet. I'm working on My Soul to Take and I've got to say that it definately has the drama down. It's a very fast read, but enjoyable so far.


message 4: by Joeera (new)

Joeera  | 126 comments i've read the first one and i realy llked it


message 5: by Zuleika (new)

Zuleika I think this series is great. Exciting nailbiting plots and I think the whole soul screamer thing is really cool. And IA the more you read the more you like the series (last one was the best: I think i was the only one but i was totally shocked by the ending. It also turned the villian into a boring villian to a legit creepy disturbin one) BUT

*spoiler for all books* (cause i don't remember where one book ends and the other begins haha)

everytime i read these books I find myself getting really annoyed, because I hate the whole cast (except Kaylee and sometimes Emma) With each book Kaylee has to help somebody, but that person (atleast one but usual more people) always are in trouble because of their own greed/stupidity. Like Addie who sold her soul, or Tod mixing up with the drug business because he had to see Addie). I'm totally heartless because I would tell them to take care of themselves and it makes me angry how Kaylee always has to rescue them


message 6: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
Can you say foreshadowing? I'm assuming since I'm not there yet, but seeing how she keeps getting warned...


Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments If anyone needs an ebook copy of this, let me know. I have both of our monthly group books in ebook form.


message 8: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments I thought the idea of the paranormal aspect was pretty original. The first book was pretty good, the second was ok, and I really liked the third. I pretty much love Todd, he is fracking awesome and makes the books (especially the second and third).

With the third I was pretty much mad the whole time because it was so obvious what was going on. I just wanted to scream at the characters, lol. I don't want to say too much so this can be spoiler free, but ______ is an ass!


message 9: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments So true, so true Carrie!!


message 10: by Joeera (last edited Dec 07, 2010 01:42PM) (new)

Joeera  | 126 comments I read this book a while ago who's Todd again was in the first book i haven't started the second book


message 11: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Tod is Nash's brother.


message 12: by Tya (new)

Tya | 846 comments I really like these books. I started the first one on Monday and am 30 pages away from finishing the 30 one. I really like the relationship between Kaylee and Nash. Unlike most YA romance that I read they don't rush into the "I love yous" and I like that. Its not cool that three books in she still can't tell if he's in to her because of her or because of her banshee-ness.


*spoiler*


I completely spoiled myself on the Nash/demon's breath situation and read the entire third book scowling at him. I don't want to scowl at Nash! I love him! He just may be my favorite romantic interest in quite some time. If you ignore Ren. And Derek...but other than them, he's the bees knees.


message 13: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments ***SPOILER*** Response for the third book



I didn't spoil myself, but I knew Nash was taking the demon's breath. Unfortunately I have seen family members/friends go through drug addiction, so I knew the warning signs right away.


message 14: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I am there with you Carrie, I knew too.


message 15: by Zuleika (new)

Zuleika *spoiler*

haha I guess I am the only one who was genuinely shocked by that twist, but ia I hated it. Nash was my fave character and I loved Kaylee and Nash together (some of their scenes together were the hottest i've ever read in YA lit). I was so angry at him for being addicted, but I think the worst was that he didn't even notice when the villian (i forgot that creeps name) was in Kaylee's body. I can't even imagine how disturbing that would feel knowing that someone invaded your body. ugh.


message 16: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments That was horrible. It gave me the creeps big time.


message 17: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
what book is the spoilers for? before I accidentaly read them since I think some of you are talking about later books.


message 18: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments It is for the third book.


message 19: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
I knew yours, but I wasn't sure about Zuleika's. I just got the 2nd book in today. I thought it'd take the library longer to find it.


message 20: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments Hers was about the third book as well. She mentioned she doesn't remember where one book ends and the next begins, so just stay away from all of them, lol.

I sometimes have that problem with the Night huntress series. I forget what happens in which book, except for Destined. Probably because I read the other 3 all together and held on to Destined for months before I would read it.


message 21: by Zuleika (new)

Zuleika Heather wrote: "I knew yours, but I wasn't sure about Zuleika's. I just got the 2nd book in today. I thought it'd take the library longer to find it."

Oh sorry I forgot to add. But yup third book as well

Carrie (Care) wrote: "Hers was about the third book as well. She mentioned she doesn't remember where one book ends and the next begins, so just stay away from all of them, lol.

I sometimes have that problem with the ..."


haha, even worse: for some reason I actually thought this series had 4 books already published (not counting the prequel), so I'm even more confused. With the fourth one coming out so soon I guess it is time for a quick re-read :)


message 22: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments She did just put out this Reaper. I haven't read it yet, but it is supposed to be about Tod.


message 23: by Zuleika (new)

Zuleika Thanks! I just read it and it was good


message 24: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
I'm reading the second book now. I thought it'd take longer for the library to get it. They just manage to find trouble don't they?


message 25: by Jami (new)

Jami (gurugoodwin) | 53 comments I finally finished the first one, but read the prequel first. Loved them both. Now off to finish Vampire Academy.


message 26: by Joeera (new)

Joeera  | 126 comments I will be starting the second book in a little while


message 27: by Zuleika (new)

Zuleika Just finished My Soul To Steal. It was great, best book in the series so far (though i say that with every new book :))

I like Sabine. She is rash and rude but I liked her honesty. She seems kinda batso though haha

Spoiler for my My Soul To Steal (4th book)
AH I was dying at the little moments with Kaylee & Tod & his crush. I really hope they get together and thats not even my intense hatred for Nash talking. I think what Tod & Sabine were telling Kaylee about Nash, about how they no longer fit together made sense. I know a lot of people talk about Alec & Kaylee, but I think he'll end up with Emma.

want new book now


message 28: by Jami (new)

Jami (gurugoodwin) | 53 comments Well, I've read the second book and "Reaper" over the weekend and loved them. I'm downloading the 3rd book, cause I just can't stand it if there's another book out there in a series. Ok, I'm kinda OCD about reading all one series, probably because I forget it by the time I'm done with two more series from another author. LOL...when does the 4th book come out?


message 29: by Zuleika (new)

Zuleika Jami wrote: "Well, I've read the second book and "Reaper" over the weekend and loved them. I'm downloading the 3rd book, cause I just can't stand it if there's another book out there in a series. Ok, I'm kind..."

Its already out! Came out about a week ago


message 30: by Joeera (new)

Joeera  | 126 comments I finished reading it a while ago i loved it


message 31: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments I want to read MSTS but I am trying to avoid buying books right now. It is only like $7 for the Nook though... I might just wait for a elibray hold... I don't know what to do lol.


Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments Okay, so I was the one who originally nominated this series to begin with and I just NOW got around to reading the first book.

I liked it. I wasn't jumping around happy and excited about the book, but it was enjoyable and a great first light book to read after Shadowfever. Now to get to book 2 sometime in this century...


message 33: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
Still in the same month. That's not too bad. =)


message 34: by Tya (last edited Jan 29, 2011 11:05AM) (new)

Tya | 846 comments Im up to chapter 12 in the newest book.

Nash? Is pissing me off. I feel So bad for Kay. Her fears about Nash make sense. How could she be expected to trust him again? Its been weeks since he let a demon possess her body and NOT tell her. Everyone seems to be acting like she's some horrible person for not forgiving him right away. Emma and her eye rolls, still with the melodrama? His mom asking her if she's back for good now. Yeah. I get that Nash is hurting. Physically from the withdrawls and emotionally from her but that doesn't take away the fact of Influencing Kay and again, demon possesion! At least Tod seems to accept her right to be pissed. Nash certainly isn't helping with his puppy dog looks and his new 'friend'. Is he actually trying to make his spending all of his time with Sabine Kays fault? He keeps saying that Sabina is all he has since Kay can't fill that role for him. You know what. He sounds like an abuser 'I wouldn't have to break your arm and smash your face in if you didn't make me so angry' ' I wouldn't have to hang out with slutty ex's if you would just forgive me for letting a demon possess you and Influence you' and Sabina and her 'Nash doesn't have to apologize with me!' if she doesn't get that there are some things that demand apologies and actively working for forgiveness then that makes me feel way worse for her than all of this talk of her crummy childhood has managed.


message 35: by Tya (new)

Tya | 846 comments AND another thing! (Still chapter 12)

Nash is totally taking advantage of Kay's insecurities and Sabina. Before Sabina showed up all ready and willing to sleep with him and not make him feel all bad for the crap he's pulled he was fine with Kay taking time. Fine may be a bit of a stretch but, he seemed to understand that he f'd up and that it would take time for her to forgive him. And now that he has this other option, Sabina, he's trying to push her into either forgiving him completely or breaking up with him. He *should* feel badly about what he did and I don't think he gets that yet. The first two weeks he was all caught up in his withdrawl and self pity that Kay was mad at him and then Sabina shows up telling him he shouldn't feel bad at all..it's just who/what he is. And now (At ch 12 anyway) he's all "Do you even want to get back together?" At this point I want her to say nope! Go bang your nightmare and the both of you can go to the Netherworld. Dbags that you are.


message 36: by Hillary (new)

Hillary (eledri) | 61 comments Did you read the novella Reaper? It's focus is on Tod. It made me see him in a new light by the end of the latest book. It made me question where Vincent plans to take the relationships in the next book. Which I am eagerly waiting for.


message 37: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Hillary wrote: "Did you read the novella Reaper? It's focus is on Tod. It made me see him in a new light by the end of the latest book. It made me question where Vincent plans to take the relationships in the n..."

I listened to the audio, it is free on audible. It really made me really like Tod more, and really hate Nash more than I have started to.


message 38: by Hillary (new)

Hillary (eledri) | 61 comments I liked Tod from the start. I like characters that are smartass/jackass types. I cannot help myself! Tod is by far my favorite character. Now Nash, I like Nash, and I don't like Nash. He has gone from someone strong with potential to someone I want to punch for being a little punk. I want to like Nash, but give me the reaper over him right now. :P


message 39: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Hillary wrote: "I liked Tod from the start. I like characters that are smartass/jackass types. I cannot help myself! Tod is by far my favorite character. Now Nash, I like Nash, and I don't like Nash. He has g..."

That was my exact thoughts on both of them.


message 40: by Tya (new)

Tya | 846 comments I haven't read Reaper and I'm kind of nervous to. I'm already so torn on Nash that I don't really want to read something thats going to tip the scales to the full blown hate.him stage. I've spent four books on the Kay/Nash. I don't want Vincent to switch up the relationship now. Which seems to be what happens when people come back from Reaper.
I'm just assuimg that everything is a SPOILER so.


Spoilers...


I've finished the book and I am officially torn. I liked it, but... I thought the triangle was well written. By the end I felt bad for Nash, Sabina and Kay. I like that Nash knows he has to earn her forgiveness and I like that Kay knows that if she wants him back she has to give him a chance to work for and earn her trust again. I very much liked the ending scene with Kay looking around at everyone and realizing that if she's going to survive her new life she has to learn how to trust again.

So, I liked it. It was a good read. My favorite scene of all was Sabine telling Kay that Kay has to fix Sabines relationship with Nash. Because they are friends and thats what friends do. Oh Sabine.


message 41: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments Is that a spoiler for the new book? I don't think Reaper will make you hate Nash. Its just that you get to see a different side of Tod that might make you love him more. I am glad I read it first because Sabine has a part to play in it even if it is just mentioned.

I am reading it now and I really want to rip Sabine's face off and punch Nash in the jewels. (view spoiler)


message 42: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments Ok, I am getting really pissed. I am on chapter 19 so there are spoilers for this chapter. SPOILERS



When bitch face showed up at Nash's I wasn't pissed that she kissed him and took her shirt off or that he kissed her back, I was pissed that Nash was trying to keep her coming from Kay and that he invited her in the first place. He made it seem he was breaking being away from Kay for so long, but he was just as broken not having skank face around. The fact that he wasn't going to spend the night alone if Kay hadn't shown up just makes him a dink imo. Oh I am seriously hating Nash right now.

If I were Kay I would have stayed instead of giving skank what she wanted. Then I would have given him shit for inviting skank over and trying to keep from me. Then I would leave.


message 43: by Carrie (Care) (last edited Feb 22, 2011 11:17AM) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments So I finished. I did love it but I was hoping for a different ending.

(view spoiler)

I really need to get these books for my niece. Her name is Kay too, but spelled Kayleigh. I think she would love them.


message 44: by Tya (new)

Tya | 846 comments Skank face!


message 45: by Zuleika (new)

Zuleika hahah skank face. I actually liked Sabina though sometimes her actions pissed me off (but it was more Nash that annoyed me). (view spoiler) and Nash can go jump into a volcano for all I care


message 46: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments Zuleika wrote: "hahah skank face. I actually liked Sabina though sometimes her actions pissed me off (but it was more Nash that annoyed me). [spoilers removed] and Nash can go jump into a volcano for all I care"

That's what I kept calling her in my head while I was reading. I do love characters that can get me going like that though. Yeah, I don't care for girls like her, except I love Ridley from Beautiful Creatures. I like her name though. (view spoiler)

Jump in a volcano, lmao. I am right there with ya. :P


message 47: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments Zuleika wrote: "Just finished My Soul To Steal. It was great, best book in the series so far (though i say that with every new book :))

I like Sabine. She is rash and rude but I liked her honesty. She seems kin..."


Oh, I didn't realize people were shipping Kay and Alec. I don't really have anyone to talk about this series with. I agree that I think him and Em will hook up. Kay is totally for Tod, lol.


message 48: by Hillary (new)

Hillary (eledri) | 61 comments Bitch face and skank face among many other colorful names is how I read the name Sabine after about 2 pages of her crap. lol

Mmm...Tod. I like triangles not squares. Slut-bag needs to leave. It'd be much more amusing with just the brothers dueling.

I can't wait for the next book :( So far away :(

If I Die

Working...together? Oh the dialogue should be interesting.


message 49: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments I would be happy to see the brothers fighting (not physically) over Kay too. If skank is still in the picture it might not be as interesting, or maybe it will be...

Ok, I haven't heard anything about this book being the last, but if not why the sudden name change? It frakking drives me NUTS!!!!!!!!! For some reason I never added it. Maybe it's because I hate the name.


message 50: by Hillary (new)

Hillary (eledri) | 61 comments She has said she likes writing the soul screamer series because she didn't box herself in like she did with the shifters series. So I doubt it's the final book. But some people have had interesting takes on the name change like he bedtime prayer now I lay me down to sleep...so on and so forth. So if I die would be fitting in that case. But I'm not a fan of the title obliteration either. My soul blah blah then Bam! Nope not following the set pattern...how rude! lol


« previous 1
back to top