Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > Need a new paranormal romance book

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marissa (new)

Marissa Chilcott | 7 comments Ok so ive just finished reading the following series,

Vampire Academy (waiting on last sacrifice)
Hunger Games

So im looking for a series like vampire academy cause i fell in love with that one!!

But im looking for a really addictive romance book !!

Please helppp im like on a loop reading book after book and i keep re reading mine all over again lol

message 2: by Kristin (new)

Kristin | 89 comments I am going to go with...... The Fever series by Karen Marie Moning. Their relationship is very Dimitri/Rose-ish.

Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning

message 3: by AgtDianaPrince (last edited Nov 29, 2010 09:30PM) (new)

AgtDianaPrince | 13 comments I 2nd Fair Maiden. I havent read the Vampire Academy, but you CANT go wrong with the Fever series. That series is great! I had all my friends read it and they LOVED it.

message 4: by ஐAndreaஐ (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 707 comments Anything by richelle Mead is awesome. She has three series,all great. I can't wait for last sacrifice! !!

message 5: by Marissa (new)

Marissa Chilcott | 7 comments Yes i fell in love with vampire academy!! I feel like i dont want to venture away from it but i have to ahah.
What about The Black Dagger Hood Brothers ? i think thats what its called.
Does that have romance in it ?

Also i dont know the author but i think its called 'dark prince' and its part of a series ?

message 6: by ஐAndreaஐ (last edited Nov 30, 2010 07:55AM) (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 707 comments Yes black dagger brotherhood is good. It is a romance and each book follows a new couple. If you like the story to progress with the same couple, I suggest the fever series or the succubus series

My favorite is Night Huntress:
Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3) by Jeaniene Frost Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4) by Jeaniene Frost

message 7: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (sophie714) | 126 comments Yes Black Dagger Brotherhood by J R Ward is fantastic! And agree that u should also check out Richelle Mead's succubus series - first book is "Succubus Blues".
You might also like to read some of the following:

- Nalini Singh - her archangel/guild hunter series and her psy-changling series.
- if u like YA maybe City of Bones series... found it ok (but not a big YA fan myself)
- Laurell K Hamilton - her Anita Blake series and Meredith Gentry series
- the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris
- Guild Hunter series by Jeaniene Frost...

... that should hopefully help and keep u bust for a while :)

message 8: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 72 comments A couple of my favorites are the Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost and the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews.

message 9: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (sophie714) | 126 comments haha oh yeh thats what i meant with that last one - Night Huntress not Guild Hunter.. ;P

message 10: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 72 comments I don't know that many young adult series either. I liked Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments. She has another series out called Infernal Devices that I haven't read, but my sister said it was a good read.

message 11: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Kolodziej (ejkolodziej) | 107 comments i agree with jessica the night huntress series is AAWWWsum

message 12: by Kristin (new)

Kristin | 89 comments black dagger is awesome! you will definitelexperience a different flavor (lots of s e x)

Night Huntress is also another winner in mybook.

Sookie stackhouse is another but not UF

I am not a anita fan. I cant stand series that never end and morph into just a mess.

message 13: by Kristin (new)

Kristin | 89 comments black dagger is awesome! you will definitelexperience a different flavor (lots of s e x)

I am not a anita fan. I cant stand series that never end and morph into just a mess.

message 14: by Kristin (new)

message 15: by Joyce (last edited Nov 30, 2010 07:26AM) (new)

Joyce (eternity21) How about Rachel Caine's Morganville Vampires series.Rachel Caine Glass Houses is the first in the series.

message 16: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 4 comments Have I got a series for you Royal Blood Chronicles. I love it, I'm so hooked. Vampire books with kick butt girls! The first one is Katrina the begginning but you will want books two and three, just a warning cause I had to wait to get the others!

message 17: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie  G (paranormalhaven) | 81 comments ஐAndreaஐ wrote: "Yes black dagger brotherhood is good. It is a romance and each book follows a new couple. If you like the story to progress with the same couple, I suggest the fever series or the succubus series
..."

Yes this series is awesome! I love Bones just like everyone else but I think Spade, Vlad and Ian are really great :-)

message 18: by Angela (new)

Angela (englandismine) | 23 comments Have you tried any of Jeanine Frosts books? I recommend starting with the Cat & Bones series!!!

message 19: by Angela (new)

Angela (angbens) | 343 comments My first thought is Black Dagger Brotherhood. That is the series that got me hooked on PN.

message 20: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) I think Sookie is definitely UF.

These are all UF series, but have romance that develops strongly over the series:
Kate Daniels by Ilona Andrews
Night Huntress by Jeaniene Frost
Fever series by Moning
Sirantha Jax by Aguirre (sci fi romance, but more like UF, but romance happens right away)
Chicagoland Vamp by Neill
Women of the Otherworld by Armstrong (romance in first book)
Downside Ghosts by Kane
Harry Dresden by Butcher (the first one is mediocre, but the series is amazing so stick with it, no romance though)
Mercy Thompson by Briggs
Alpha & Omega by Briggs (romance happens right away)
Sookie Stackhouse by Harris

Then my favorite PNR all have a HEA and romance in each book:
Psy-Changeling by Singh
BDB by Ward (first one is weak, but stick through)
Demonica by Ilone
Magnus Pack by Laurentsen
Highlander series by Moning