~Opinions~ discussion

Science > Life on Mars

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) So, has there ever been organic life on Mars?

They've found water up there, so it could have been possible at some point. In my opinion, the most that ever lived there was a couple of particles. I really don't think it's been more than that.

What do you think?

message 2: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Something tells me we'll be able to live there, oh...a million years later. LOL. Nice topic, Em :)

message 3: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Eh. I think with the technology evolving all the frikken time, we could be able to live there someday because we could create some kind of fake atmosphere and gravity. Some day.

message 4: by Michael (new)

Michael I thought this was about the TV show Life on Mars that I liked and ABC cancelled. I don't know anything about the planet Mars but I can talk about the Mars candy bar.

message 5: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Ehm. Any such subjects may be discussed below "fun" and/or "TV shows"

message 6: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Hahahaha! The chocolate bars are much more interesting than the planet.

message 7: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) True story!

message 8: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments rifts caused by rivers have been discovered on mars. there are hydrogen atoms. i just watched a video on spirit and opportunity in science...

message 9: by Anna (new)

Anna Banana | 156 comments Yes, it is believed there has been or will be able to be life on mars. Traces of water has been found, and water is a sign of life.

message 10: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments i doubt there WILL BE. mars is already all dried up.

message 11: by Rayne (new)

Rayne | 49 comments I was told once that Mars was like earth until a meteor came and destroyed all signs of life and became all dried up.
I doubt it, but does anyone believe that?

message 12: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) Mars has no life because it has no atmosphere, and it is not an optimal distance from the sun.

message 13: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments Lauren: What about life that lives underground, or is frozen in the ice caps?

message 14: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) If it is carbon based life, 99.9% of Mars in uninhabitable right now. Microbes, from a time where Mars was not so inhospitable could possibly be preserved in ice caps.

message 15: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments Also, in California, it was recently discovered that there are also arsenic-based life forms. So that opens up many new possibilities.

message 16: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) Source please.

message 17: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12...

http://asunews.asu.edu/20101202_arsenic

I can send a few more if you'd like. I find it fascinating that such unique life could be found so close on our own planet!