FATTIES UNITE! discussion

Thread Graveyard > A High Calorie Day

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) | 557 comments Mod
I'm supposed to eat 1600 Calories per day MAX. Today I had just over 2000. Not a huge stumble. But I'm realizing how hard dieting really is. Growl.

message 2: by Meg (new)

Meg (megvt) OK, don't beat yourself up for this. It is one day and then you are back on your goals. Sometimes when you feel you over did it do some more exercise, like taking a long walk. It is all one day at a time.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) I was v. bad today. Had a turkey panini dripping with cheese. :(

But, I had an orange instead of chips and water instead of soda...

message 4: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Hey, that last part sounds good, Sarah.

I can't work out for a week and I'm worried about what I'll eat. But I'm trying to tell myself that even if I gain a pound I can pick it up from there next week.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Yeah, I don't guess your, um, procedure was enough to make you lose your appetite, huh? And you didn't lose enough, erm, body parts to make a difference either.

message 6: by Amanda (new)

How's the eating going RA? It's been a few days since your post and you're partway through your week already. Any news?

message 7: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Thanks for asking, Amanda. I ate some pizza yesterday (Tristan's birthday) but I think it was sort of like returning to drugs after you've left them and discovering they were yucky. And I ate ok the rest of the weekend so I can't complain.

Here's something interesting...I can't work out until Friday because of the vasectomy...and...I'm losing weight. Is that common? I've worked out fairly intensely for forty days in a row, then I stop, and I lose weight. Does that make sense?

I think I have to just continue eating well until I can work out again...oh, and after that, too:)

Not working out is hard mentally, by the way...I'm worried I'm going to get bitchy.

message 8: by Amanda (new)

It's probably normal--your metabolism is up from your new muscles! :)

I don't know how to cure the bitchiness. Beer? Cigarettes? Oh wait, NO!

message 9: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony I'm trying meditation, Amanda:) And today I'm walking through Chicago so I'll get some exercise. I may try walking again tomorrow, although I don't think I can start heavy working out for a couple days.

How's everyone else doing?

message 10: by Amanda (new)

I didn't know you were in Chicago! Lucky!

I'm bombing on both the diet and the workout. Awesome.

message 11: by Kim (new)

Kim (kmdoubleday) Hug Mandy, HUG.

It's okay.. take a walk, relax. I might drag a kid out with me in a bit. The sun is setting... :)

message 12: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Define "bombing." You just started...maybe you're just getting in the groove....

message 13: by Meg (new)

Meg (megvt) My weekend away was not good for my diet. We did some shopping and flea marketing which was my only form of exercise. But it is Tuesday and I am back home and back at it.