Anything about Greek Mythology discussion

Goddesses

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Selin (new)

Selin | 128 comments Mod
Only about FEMALE GODDESSES please...

Princess Katie, the Random Hot Pink Minotaur (safeandsound) My favorite Goddess is Aphrodite, I don't know why though...

message 3: by Selin (new)

Selin | 128 comments Mod
Well, most people like Aphrodite, since she is very feminine and is the goddess of love... Well mine is Athena, since shes got brains and has a very strong character...

message 4: by Akanksha (new)

Akanksha  Singh (akankshasingh92) | 2 comments Mine's Athena too.....she is damn smart and the coolest Goddess!

message 5: by Selin (new)

Selin | 128 comments Mod
Akanksha wrote: "Mine's Athena too.....she is damn smart and the coolest Goddess!"

Totally! Plus she was the one who helped the Akha's, and the guardian of Odysseus!

Princess Katie, the Random Hot Pink Minotaur (safeandsound) Still like Aphrodite, she can be a real blondie sometimes..

message 7: by Selin (new)

Selin | 128 comments Mod
Well, she is one of the most powerful gods! Noone can escape from her.

message 8: by Kate (new)

Kate Duerksen I like Artemis and Athena

message 9: by Selin (new)

Selin | 128 comments Mod
My fav three goddesses R
1.Athena
2.Aphrodite
3.Artemis!!!

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) Kate wrote: "I like Artemis and Athena"

same

message 11: by Selin (new)

Selin | 128 comments Mod
Lissy wrote: "Kate wrote: "I like Artemis and Athena"

same"

So, do you guys have any reasons why?

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) athena's kick-ass and artemis is independent of men

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

My favorites are Artemis & Hera!

message 14: by Selin (new)

Selin | 128 comments Mod
Hera? Shes... I dont wanna offend her...
Btw, I totally agree on the Athena and Artemis thing! But the actual reason why I like Athena so much is that she is totally smart, thats whats important to me; intellect.
Plus, she blesses me! -kinda-

message 15: by Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ (last edited Dec 19, 2010 05:57AM) (new)

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) well being brilliant is part of her kick-assness

message 16: by Selin (new)

Selin | 128 comments Mod
Yeah, it is...

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) i just love greek mythology, if i ever go to collage i'm gonna take a class in it

Jasmine | ModernScrolls (modernscrolls) My favorite is Artemis

message 19: by Selin (new)

Selin | 128 comments Mod
I would like to be an archeologist, but I dont think I have the skill for it. OK, just to see how good you guys R, on the games part, I am adding 'Quizz Me'...

message 20: by Ayesha (new)

Ayesha Kd | 4 comments Charlotte wrote: "My favorites are Artemis & Hera!"

I don't like Hera much , she threw her own son (Hepheastus) of a mountain just because he was ugly - no offence :) !

message 21: by Selin (new)

Selin | 128 comments Mod
think, she had a honor, though I know that shouldnt be an excuse...

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) We (my family) were playing a Trivial Pursuit and one of the questions was "Who is the Greek goddess of Love?" and the answer was Aphrodite/Venus. My mom and I got mad cause Venus isn't Greek.

message 23: by Kat (new)

Kat (katashtrophes) | 1 comments I like Artemis, she seems cool (though her thing with the hunter seeing her naked and turning the poor guy's into a stag and let him be ripped by the hounds was really unnecessary). Athena is second-best, though from her stories she looks like she has a huge ego.

And yeah, I don't really like Hera much, either. For the goddess of marriage, she seems pretty picky about her children.

message 24: by Selin (new)

Selin | 128 comments Mod
Hera is not involved in much 'happy ending' myths...

message 25: by Ayesha (new)

Ayesha Kd | 4 comments Selin wrote: "think, she had a honor, though I know that shouldnt be an excuse". Nope not a good excuse .

message 26: by Selin (new)

Selin | 128 comments Mod
yeah...

message 27: by On'nanoko (new)

On'nanoko o norowa (CursedGirl) athena is the fockin bomb

message 28: by On'nanoko (new)

On'nanoko o norowa (CursedGirl) oops sorry i shouldn't cuss

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) Grace, "fockin" isn't a cuss word...

message 30: by Selin (new)

Selin | 128 comments Mod
WHAT EVER!

message 31: by Selin (new)

Selin | 128 comments Mod
Hestia is somehow always left out

message 32: by Selin (new)

Selin | 128 comments Mod
she has a pure heart, but u dont see her in many myths

message 33: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (may1200) | 12 comments out of theolympians artemis and athena .....but what about the other godesess? i like iris and nemesis and i love nike

Jasmine | ModernScrolls (modernscrolls) I like Artemis. Iris is pretty cool, too.

message 35: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (inkstainedfantasy) Haha almost everyone talks about the popular: Hera, Aphrodite, Artemis, and Athena. Personally I like Hestia the most. She is what holds the gods together!! I also like Hecate, Hebe, and Iris

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) I once drew the dimi-god daughter of Iris. She turned out pretty cool.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

I love Hera! Protector of marriage! I bet she's anti-divorce and annulment. LOL:))

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

I love Hera! Protector of marriage! I bet she's anti-divorce and annulment. LOL:))

message 39: by Qiqi (new)

Qiqi | 3 comments My votes are for Athena, Circe, Eos, and the Muses. I mean, Athena= wisdom goddess as well as other talents, and Circe= magic...MAGIC!!!! Eos= goddess of dawn, and the Muses are in thier own category of awesomeness. :)

message 40: by D.C. (new)

D.C. Belton | 2 comments My fav is Athena, who never lost a fight; besting many male gods including war-loving Ares, Hephaestus…even mighty Poseidon.

When an epic war broke out against the giants, all the Olympians – even Zeus – ran and fled.

Not Athena. She threw the island of Sicily on one of her foes, burying him under Mt Etna.Then she hurled Draco the Dragon into the stars. He still lives there as a constellation, coiled around the North Star.

Athena’s heroism (she was later called “giant killer” by the other gods) shamed proud Zeus, who eventually returned to aid her to victory.

In the war against the Titans, Athena was one of only 4 gods (along with Zeus, Apollo, and Artemis) to cast these immortals into Tartarus. First in peace and first in war, she was the only god trusted enough to handle Zeus’ thunderbolts.

Athena was famous for her wisdom and her strength. Yet she was first and foremost a woman – teaching humanity all the “womanly arts” such as cooking, weaving, spinning, etc. She clothed Pandora – the very first woman – so beautifully that she was “not to be withstood by mortal men.” She invented the flute, the trumpet, the cooking pot, the plough, the bridle, the chariot, the ship, and math…all without a man at her side.

Plus...the coolest Greek city was named after her. Pretty awesome!

message 41: by Qiqi (new)

Qiqi | 3 comments Yup. I second that