South Shore Readers discussion

Book Clubs- Past > Discussion: This Is Where I Leave You

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Haider (jessicahaider) | 1110 comments Mod
Our December book is This Is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper. We are meeting the Sunday before Xmas. (see the events section of the group page for more details) Even if you can't join us in person feel free to discuss here.

This Is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper

message 2: by Denise (new)

Denise (ribeachgirl) | 127 comments I finished it today and I really liked it. It is the exact opposite of "Tinkers" in that, well, pretty much everything happens. Coming from a big family, I loved the sibling dynamic. And for all the twists and pitfalls, the "hero" still manages to end on an optomistic note.

I'm sorry I'm going to miss the discussion! Have a great time and happy holidays!

message 3: by Jessica (new)

I just started this on Monday and am about half way through and enjoying it so far. Hopefully I will have it done in time for book club.

message 4: by Joanie (new)

Joanie | 492 comments Mod
I really like it so far but don't think I'll finish by 1:00 tomorrow. I keep thinking of Tinkers too-another type of vigil but w/ lots more going on.

message 5: by Jessica (new)

I quite enjoyed the book and will keep in mind to checked out some of Tropper's in the future...(once I have made some sort of dent in my to read shelf...)