Kids/Teens Book Club discussion

Archives (Deleted&moved topics) > YOU can help GET KIDS FIT!

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Taylor (last edited Nov 28, 2010 10:32PM) (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments Here in the United States, lack of physical activity is a growing problem. And now, with school budget cuts, one of the first things that is on the chopping block is P.E.. And a lot of us looked forward to P.E. in elementary school. But kids in elementary school now are facing less and less P.E. time and fewer ways to enjoy P.E. because they don't have the money.

Here's where YOU come in! The Henkel Helps Get Kids Fit Contest is going into its third week. There are ten finalist schools from around the nation in the running to win $25,000 for their school to improve their P.E. program. One of those schools is in my hometown, and we need HELP! HELP US!

Here's what you do: go to http://henkelhelps.com/. Look on the leaderboard for Santa Cruz Elementary School in Maricopa, AZ (we are currently in third place). Click the button that says "VOTE", and simply enter your name and email address. THAT'S IT! The contest is based on DAILY VOTES, and EVERY VOTE COUNTS!!!

Now, because I know there may be a school near you, I encourage you to watch the videos and read the essays of the finalist schools (located on the vote pages of each school) and decide for yourselves which school deserves the money the most.

If you have any questions, concerns, comments, ANYTHING, post below or message me. The students of Santa Cruz (and myself) thank you in advance for any votes you send our way.

message 2: by SpazzyJazzy (new)

SpazzyJazzy That is... one of the dumbest things anybody could do. If there's a fitness problem, they should be encouraging PE, not trying to take privileges away from them.

Plus it's really fun :P

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments How could they? That's all I can say. I'm kind of speechless.

You have my vote!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

*blinks* HOW COULD THEY!! URG!! THESE PEOPLE IRK ME!!!