Diana Palmer Fans discussion

Books and Chatting > What do you think about Diana Palmer's heroes?

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 141 comments Mod
Diana Palmer heroes can be real jerks sometimes. Yet I keep coming back. What is the appeal of her heroes for you?

message 2: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (halfpint66) | 36 comments Yeah, they're real jerks, but they're also REAL men. They always do what's right, even if they don't really agree with it if it protects the town and people he loves.

I like the way you say that, Debbie.

I have to agree that they are very human. I can understand and forgive her heroes because they usually have defense mechanisms that make them push the heroine away out of fear, and they usually grovel very well and make amends. I have to admit that the heroes in Sweet Enemy and Heartbreaker (Long, Tall Texans) didn't really win me over. I have heard Rodrigo from Fearless is pretty bad, although I haven't read that one yet.

message 4: by ~Megan~ (new)

~Megan~ (megadee) Don't read it, Danielle!!! Stay away from Rodrigo.

I wasn't particularly fond of J.B. from Heartbreaker either.

I have to. It's Diana Palmer. At least I'm warned. :)

message 6: by Melanie♥ (new)

Melanie♥ (meliaann) Rodrigo was pretty bad, but as you said, it's a DP book, so I'm gonna read it no matter what!

message 7: by ~Megan~ (new)

~Megan~ (megadee) I'm permanently scarred from him. I did discover my love for Kilraven in that book, though...so it wasn't a total loss.

message 8: by Melanie♥ (new)

Melanie♥ (meliaann) Megan, Have you read Dangerous, Kilraven's story?

message 9: by ~Megan~ (new)

~Megan~ (megadee) Yes, it wasn't as great as I'd hoped, but I still love Kilraven. I felt like the romance part got a little lost in everything else and it was sad because I was looking forward to his and Winnie's story so much.

message 10: by Melanie♥ (new)

Melanie♥ (meliaann) Same here! That was one of only DP books that did not make it to my keeper shelf. The story became so involved in the "mystery" that the romance took a back seat. I, too, had really been looking forward to Kilraven's story. Hope his brother will get a better book.

message 11: by ~Megan~ (new)

~Megan~ (megadee) I hope so, too! Is that the next one she's writing?

message 12: by Melanie♥ (new)

Melanie♥ (meliaann) I have the latest....It is a Silhouette Desire called Will of Steel. Not sure what it is about, but it's for sure not the brother's story.

message 13: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (halfpint66) | 36 comments I have WILL OF STEEl/RELUCTANT FATHER also. I have a feeling I've read these two stories before a long time ago, but if that's the case I'm looking forward to reading it again.

message 14: by Melanie♥ (new)

Melanie♥ (meliaann) Will of Steel should be a new Medicine Ridge story and Reluctant Father is a reissue. I don't mind revisiting the older book =)

Reluctant Father is an old fave of mine.

message 16: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (halfpint66) | 36 comments I want to say that I have RELUCTANT FATHER before, but it's not in my Monthly Reads Journal. So either I did read it before but before I started keeping the journal or I did read it but never listed it in the journal, or I just never did read it before but just want to think I have LOL! I'll know for sure once I start on it LOL!

Don't you hate when books slip through the cracks?

message 18: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (halfpint66) | 36 comments Happens to me all that time. LOL! That's usually how I end up with rereads LOL!

I've had quite a few accidental rereads lately. :)