YA Literacy Lovers discussion

Favourite genres

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zanib (new)

Zanib  (dawnofthebooks) What kinds of genres do you like?

message 2: by Zack (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 5 comments all types, but fantasy more than the rest lol

message 3: by Zanib (new)

Zanib  (dawnofthebooks) I LOVE fantasy too!:) it's my second favourite, i gotta say, i love science-fiction more

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Pulliam (sandypllm) | 5 comments I really liked "The Body Finder" but it is a series. The next book is "Desires of the Dead". Should be good I haven't read it yet. I like paranormal romance young adult. I only like YA because most of them are not as graphic as adult books. However, I have noticed a very thin line lately. Another good book is "Red Headed Stepchild" by Jaye Wells. It's no YA but it is no worse than some others I've read lately.

message 5: by Zanib (new)

Zanib  (dawnofthebooks) i'm a huge fan of paranormal romance too, although, i prefer books where the two couple arn't all over each other from the start

message 6: by Zack (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 5 comments hmm, i dont read romance really. but science fiction is up there with fantasy, i usually treat the two the same way.

message 7: by Zanib (new)

Zanib  (dawnofthebooks) hehe , same here, i can't live without either of those genres:3

message 8: by Carie (new)

Carie T | 2 comments I really like paranormal romance and young adult. I agree with Sandra that the adult books can get a little too graphic. I also love a good mystery novel and some thrillers.

Sandra, I just started reading Red-Headed Stepchild, you thought it was a good read?

message 9: by Zanib (new)

Zanib  (dawnofthebooks) i actualy havent read 'red-headed stepchild', but i'm planning too, once i'm done my old stack, lol

message 10: by Kim (new)

Kim (kim66003) I love a lot of different genres ! I love romance, sci-fi, fantasy, dystopian (is that a genre?!), chick-lit, classics, historical fiction and of course YA !!! Actually I like any book that is well written and has a good story, no matter what genre XD !

message 11: by Zanib (new)

Zanib  (dawnofthebooks) wow, i love it when books are a mix of sci-fi and romance, and i adore classics/historical fiction, and every once in a while i'll read a chick-lit. lots of things in common:)