Fans of Amish Fiction discussion

News & Information > Forthcoming Amish Releases

Comments Showing 1-50 of 256 (256 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Rachel (last edited Aug 13, 2012 11:49AM) (new)

Rachel Brand (pixieauthoress) I thought I'd start a thread with the release dates of new Amish books so that we'll all know when to expect the latest book from our favourite authors! This is a constant work in progress, so please post any books that you find that aren't yet on the list!

I've tried to indicate, where possible, if a novel is slightly different from the standard Amish novel. E.g. contains characters who are Plain but not Amish (Mennonite, Shaker or Amana); if the novel is historical or a mystery; or if it is a YA/teen or children's novel.

*** Dates may change! Different websites have different information so some of these are provisional publication dates ***

August 2012
The Haven by Suzanne Woods Fisher
Faithful to Laura by Kathleen Fuller
Susanna's Christmas Wish by Jerry S. Eicher
A Plain and Simple Heart by Lori Copeland and Virginia Smith (Historical)
Where Love Grows by Jerry S. Eicher
Something Blue by Dianne Christner (Mennonite)
Rebecca's Rose: Forever After in Apple Lake by Jennifer Beckstrand
Living in Harmony by Mary Ellis
Healing Love by Laura V. Hilton
A Home for Hannah by Patricia Davids (Love Inspired)
Shunning Sarah by Julie Kramer (Mystery)
The Face of Heaven by Murray Pura (Historical)
The Amish Bride by Mindy Starns Clark and Leslie Gould

September 2012
The Bridesmaid by Beverly Lewis
A Heart Made New by Kelly Irvin
Autumn Winds by Charlotte Hubbard
A Hidden Truth by Judith Miller (Amana/Historical)
Naomi's Christmas by Marta Perry
The Memory Jar by Tricia Goyer
A Season for Tending by Cindy Woodsmall
Her Amish Man by Erin Bates
River of Mercy by B.J. Hoff (Historical)
Found by Shelley Shepard Gray (Mystery)
Material Witness by Vannetta Chapman (Mystery)

October 2012
Harmless as Doves by P.L. Gaus (Mystery)
Accidentally Amish by Olivia Newport
The Heart's Journey: Stitches in Time Series #2 by Barbara Cameron
Life with Lily by Suzanne Woods Fisher and Mary Ann Kinsinger (Children's)
Rosemary Opens Her Heart: Home at Cedar Creek, Book Two by Naomi King
A Simple Autumn: A Seasons of Lancaster Novel by Rosalind Lauer
Josiah for President by Martha Bolton
His Love Endures Forever A Land of Canaan Series #3 by Beth Wiseman
An Amish Gift: A Novel by Cynthia Keller
Nowhere to Run by Amy Wallace (Mystery)
Redeeming Grace by Emma Miller (Love Inspired)
Saving Gideon: A Clover Ridge Novel by Amy Lillard
The Amish Family Cookbook by Jerry S. Eicher and Tina Eicher (Cookbook)
Bumpy Ride Ahead! by Wanda E. Brunstetter (Children's)

November
A Marriage of the Heart by Kelly Long (Novella Collection)
Courting Cate by Leslie Gould
Finding Mercy by Karen Harper (Mystery)

December 2012
An Angel by Her Side by Ruth Reid
An Amish Kitchen by Beth Wiseman, Kelly Long and Amy Clipston (Novella Collection)
A Mother's Promise by Anna Schmidt (Mennonite)

January 2013
The Lesson by Suzanne Woods Fisher
A Quilt for Jenna by Patrick Craig
Katie Opens Her Heart by Jerry S. Eicher
Love Comes to Paradise by Mary Ellis
A Home for Lily by Suzanne Woods Fisher and Mary Ann Kinsinger (Children's)
Love Finds a Home by Kelly Irvin
Unbreakable by Nancy Mehl (Mystery/Mennonite)
Grace Given by Beth Shriver

February 2013
A Home for Lydia by Vannetta Chapman
A Plain Scandal: An Appleseed Creek Mystery by Amanda Flower (Mystery)
A Goodbye to Yesterday: Part 1 by Wanda E. Brunstetter (Novella)

March 2013
The Silence of Winter by Wanda E. Brunstetter (Novella)
A Cowboy at Heart by Lori Copeland and Virginia Smith (Historical)
Katie's Journey to Love by Jerry S. Eicher
Whispers of a New Dawn by Murray Pura (Historical)
The Tempted Soul: An Amish Quilt Novel by Adina Senft

April 2013
The Hope of Spring by Wanda E. Brunstetter (Novella)
The Winnowing Season: Book Two in the Amish Vines and Orchards Series by Cindy Woodsmall

May 2013
The Pieces of Summer by Wanda E. Brunstetter (Novella)

June 2013
The Revelation of Autumn by Wanda E. Brunstetter (Novella)

July 2013
A Vow for Always by Wanda E. Brunstetter (Novella)

October 2013
The Christmas Quilt by Vannetta Chapman

message 2: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments I pre-ordered A Place of Peace from Amazon and it is scheduled to be released on 12/14/10 via kindle.

message 3: by Marta (new)

Marta Perry (martaperry) | 61 comments If you enjoy suspense with an Amish setting, my Murder in Plain Sight is a December release from HQN Books.

Thanks,
Marta Perry

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand (pixieauthoress) Thanks guys, this really helps :)

message 5: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Peters (trishpeters) | 11 comments thanks so much for the list of books comming out saves alot of legwork. looking them up

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand (pixieauthoress) Have added a couple more!

message 7: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand (pixieauthoress) Updated again, some of the later dates may change so let me know if there are any errors.

message 8: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand (pixieauthoress) Updated again, let me know if you spot any other new releases for 2011.

message 9: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (goodreadscombarbara_beers) | 1570 comments Mod
Operation Bonnet is listed in January & February. Which is correct?

message 10: by Rachel (last edited Jan 11, 2011 06:11AM) (new)

Rachel Brand (pixieauthoress) Oops, thanks for pointing that out! GoodReads says February so I'm guessing that's correct? Changed now :)

message 11: by Patsy (new)

Patsy | 19 comments Just recieved A Place of Peace by Amy clipston. Can't wait to start reading it.

message 12: by Karen (new)

Karen Harper | 31 comments Hi:

Author Karen Harper here, immersed right now in writing Amish novels rather than reading them! Besides DARK HARVEST out now, I have DARK ANGEL out in May but am writing book 2 in a new Ohio-setting Amish trilogy. I'm new to this group but hope to chat with everyone now and then. Also, Marta Perry, Patricia Davids and I will be writing novellas set in Amish country soon. Everything's coming up Amish! Happy reading. Karen

message 13: by Camille (new)

Camille (camlovesraptors) | 802 comments Hi Karen! Thanks for sharing, if you didn't notice, we have selected one of your books for our group read next month! Hopefully you can drop in and answer any questions we have. :)

Camille

message 14: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Welcome Karen! I am looking forward to reading Dark HArvest next month. But it will feel weird to read a paper book for a change! LOL! Please feel free to join the book discussion in a couple of weeks!

message 15: by Kristy (new)

Kristy (riverunbroken) | 250 comments Welcome Karen!

message 16: by Gail (new)

Gail (widowretiredyahoocom) | 83 comments Hi Karen, I've just bought your book "Dark Harvest" and will be first on my list for reading as soon as I get it!

message 17: by Lorie (new)

Lorie | 1324 comments Mod
Hi Karen. Are the Dark Harvest triology books you have out including the new one in May much different from the older versions I got from my library or are they the same and just a rerealease?

message 18: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 32 comments Oh , that is great books to read.

message 19: by Karen (new)

Karen Harper | 31 comments Hi Lorie: They are a re-release with the larger size paperback and new covers. The publisher did that to lead up to the new series that starts in August with FALL FROM PRIDE. Have you read my other Amish single-title called DOWN TO THE BONE? Thanks for writing! And for reading!! --Karen

message 20: by Lorie (new)

No all your books are on my list. I'm reading Dark Road Home Its so good and I only finished the first chapter! I have Down to the Bone can't wait to read it too.

message 21: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Davids | 9 comments It's great to find a place with all the upcoming Amish books. Who says research is boring? Not me.
You can add one more novel to the list. I have another book in the Brides of Amish Country series coming in July. It's called, The Farmer Next Door.

I'm waving to Karen Harper. Hi there. We haven't met but I'm looking forward to working with you on our anthology. I've worked with Marta before and she's a doll.
Patricia Davids

message 22: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Goyer (triciagoyer) | 5 comments Hi gang!

B&H is doing a special giveaway for Beside Still Waters. If you'd like a fun surprise, email your addy to tricia@triciagoyer.com

Just sent a note that you'd like the Amish "gift." We have a limit ... but it's a big number, and we'll send these gifts out until we run out!

Feel free to tell your friends who love Amish fiction, too. You won't be disappointed!

Tricia Goyer
www.triciagoyer.com

message 23: by Rachel (last edited Jan 27, 2011 03:53AM) (new)

Rachel Brand (pixieauthoress) Lovely authors, thanks for stopping by! We always love to hear from you :)

Karen and Pat, I'll add your upcoming books to our list. Thanks for telling us about them!

message 24: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 32 comments Tricia wrote: "Hi gang!

B&H is doing a special giveaway for Beside Still Waters. If you'd like a fun surprise, email your addy to tricia@triciagoyer.com

Just sent a note that you'd like the Amish "gift." We hav..."

Thanks Tricia!

message 25: by Karen (new)

Karen Harper | 31 comments Hi Patricia D: Yes, I'm looking forward to our novellas too. I don't think they can be linked by place, but perhaps by PA - OH marriages. The editor, Nicole, said we could have a lot of input about that.

Best!

Karen

message 26: by Barbara (last edited Jan 29, 2011 08:08PM) (new)

Tricia wrote: "Hi gang!

Just sent a note that you'd like the Amish "gift." We hav..."

I emailed and heard from Tricia that the "gift" is bigger than a deck of cards. I can't wait!!

message 27: by Lorie (new)

A Baby for Hannah Jerry Eicher release date July 1
Here's a sneak peak http://www.amishreader.com/2011/02/14...

message 28: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand (pixieauthoress) Thanks, Lorie :)

message 29: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Lorie wrote: "A Baby for Hannah Jerry Eicher release date July 1
Here's a sneak peak http://www.amishreader.com/2011/02/14..."

Cool! I read the first two so it would be nice to see how their family grows!

message 30: by Lorie (new)

Diane how do you get a book added to Goodreads and how far in advance of a book do they add it to goodreads?

message 31: by Lorie (new)

or Camille I know there are other librarians on here too that can answer that question. Did not mean to leave you out. Just can't remember.

message 32: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments I went to add it and it was already out there. Here's the link:

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10...

message 33: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand (pixieauthoress) Really? I didn't see it earlier. Thanks for the link, I'll go add it to the list now :)

message 34: by Lorie (new)

I did not see it either, thanks!

message 35: by Camille (new)

Camille (camlovesraptors) | 802 comments Updated it to the series, so they are all together. I too searched for it earlier and couldn't find it. My guess is it was added sometime today between when Rachel, Lorie & I looked and when Diane looked. :)

message 36: by Barbara (last edited Feb 20, 2011 05:58PM) (new)

Saw on Amazon, 9/1/11 Suzanne Woods Fisher has Lancaster County Christmas, A being released.

message 37: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand (pixieauthoress) Thanks! I noticed a couple of other books on CB.com, I'll have to add those too :)

message 38: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand (pixieauthoress) Have updated the list! Please let me know if you find any doubles or wrong dates. Also, a few of the books don't have entries here yet (I think) so if Librarians want to add them, feel free :)

message 39: by Karen (new)

Karen Harper | 31 comments I want to thank everyone on this strand (and the Amish book of the month strand) who read DARK HARVEST, and I hope you like my later Amish-setting romantic suspense novels. Starting in August, there will be a new trilogy beginning with FALL FROM PRIDE, later RETURN TO GRACE, then FINDING MERCY. I'm currently writing the middle book. Also, with two other authors, I'll be doing an Amish novella anthology. Happy reading to all!

Author Karen Harper

message 41: by Lorie (last edited Mar 05, 2011 06:20AM) (new)

October: The Wonder of Love by Beth Wiseman It's not on Goodreads yet.
Posted Goodreads link below.

message 42: by Lorie (last edited Mar 06, 2011 04:45AM) (new)

message 43: by Lorie (new)

December: The Captive Heart by Dale Cramer

message 44: by Lorie (new)

message 46: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand (pixieauthoress) Thanks, Lorie :) I'd heard of the Amish Wedding book but not the others. Will add them to the list when I get the chance :)

message 47: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand (pixieauthoress) Updated!

message 48: by Karen (new)

Karen Harper | 31 comments I'm so busy writing an Amish novel for a deadline, that I've been lax posting lately, but I am reading. I just saw in Publisher's Weekly, a magazine about the book industry, that Amish books and suspense novels are HOT, so here's hoping, because that's what I'm writing.

--Karen Harper, author of Maple Creek Amish trilogy

message 49: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand (pixieauthoress) I read that article too, Karen, very interesting! Good luck with your deadline :)

message 50: by Barbara (new)

How about including Simple Choices by Nancy Mehl? CBD shows it releasing in June. You have it listed under Nancy's books.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6