Darren Shan Fans discussion

Is Darren Shan the BEST horror author in the world? Agree or disagree

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Martin (new)

Martin Aguilar (domster007) | 73 comments His The BEST OF THE BEST!
I AGREE!

message 2: by Leeann (new)

Leeann (leeannhoward) | 8 comments He is indeed!(the rest are all pretty similar, I don't know why they seem that way, but Darren Shan is pretty unique, the rest of them are almost like carbon copies- similar story lines and characters).

message 3: by David (new)

David jones | 5 comments I think he us, judging that hes really the only horror author of which I read most of the books.

message 4: by Martin (new)

Martin Aguilar (domster007) | 73 comments David wrote: "I think he us, judging that hes really the only horror author of which I read most of the books."

TRUE...
:D

message 5: by Kevin (new)

Kevin (betweenmypages) The thing is...while his books are definitley horror. I recently finished Cirque Du Freak and didn't find it scary. It was a thrilling adventure to me...at times my heart was beating fast...but i wasn't really "scared". But his books do have a definite horror feel to them, and i was scared sometimes and in demonata i was a little more scared....BUT SHUSH, ive only read book 1 so NO SPOILERS.

message 6: by Cian (new)

Cian Mortimer | 17 comments I think he is
But then again some would say Stephen king is

Hermione Granger (missrogue1) He totally is, because he writes gripping books you can't get bored of.

message 8: by Milan (new)

Milan Post | 1 comments I totally agree!!

message 9: by 13bullets (new)

13bullets | 2 comments He's brilliant!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I have read so, so much and my bookshelves are so full, and libraries, jeeze, my point is, I read A LOT. And out of every single book I've read, I've like the ones by Darren Shan the best by far.

message 11: by Homakp (new)

Homakp | 4 comments i'm not sure if there exist someone better than him, but Cirque Du Freak is my NO.1 favorite horror story so far. it was flawless and i was swept away by it's unique style.

message 12: by ggghazal (new)

ggghazal | 1 comments i don't agree at all...but it's good

message 13: by 13bullets (new)

13bullets | 2 comments Hi ghazal and who is better then him? :)

message 14: by Emina (new)

Emina | 1 comments I absolutely adore his works!! I can read his series over and over again and feel the same excitement that I felt the first time! I lost count on how many times I read demonata series... I can't wait for more of his works!

message 15: by David (new)

David jones | 5 comments I love him but I wouldn't say he's the best. That title goes to Stephen King...to me anyway.

message 16: by Trina (new)

Trina (trinaagana) I agree! Because of his books I got addicted to reading <3

message 17: by Paniz (new)

Paniz (panizzz98) I love him, although, i guess there are more professional authors in the case of horror stories like stephen kings or anthony horrowitz

message 18: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 1 comments Agree. One of my favorite authors of all time!