Q&A with Stephen Goldin discussion

The Parsina Saga: epic fantasy

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Goldin (stephengoldin) | 57 comments Mod
Back in the late 70s, fantasy books seemed to divide themselves into twp types: Tolkienesque rip-offs of European mythologies, and musclebound heroes in unnamed barbarian cultures. I hearkened back to the far-off days of my youth (much less far-off then than they are today), and remembered what thrilled me in Saturday afternoon matinees--Arabian Night, genies in bottles, flying carpets, that sort of thing. The exotic sort of fare that was missing from the bookshelves. So I decided to rectify the situation.

The end result is my 4-book Parsina Saga, set in a world loosely based on ancient Persia with a Zoroastrian twist. There is, of course, a mammoth quest (no, they're not looking for woolly mammoths!) by a group of very interesting characters, and the result is a series I've been highly complimented on. I hope you'll give the books a try.

Shrine of the Desert Mage (Parsina Saga,#1) by Stephen Goldin The Storyteller and the Jann Volume II of The Parsina Saga by Stephen Goldin Crystals of Air and Water (Parsina Saga,# 3) by Stephen Goldin Treachery of the Demon King (Parsina Saga,#4) by Stephen Goldin

message 2: by Stephen (new)

And I'm looking forward to entertaining you.

message 3: by Stephen (new)

BTW, if you order the trade paperback editions through my online bookstore, Parsina Press, you can get coupons for $2.00 off the list price of each title. Just in case you're not independently wealthy.

message 4: by Cerena (new)

Cerena Brown | 9 comments I would like to read those books

message 5: by Stephen (new)

I hope you will.

message 6: by Cerena (new)

Cerena Brown | 9 comments oh I will

message 7: by Stephen (new)

For people who want a sample before they invest in a whole new fantasy series, I'm providing an electronic excerpt from my 4-volume Arabian Nights-style Parsina Saga free of charge. The Djinn Garden is a self-contained novelette. It's available in multiple electronic formats, including PDF for those who don't own an ereader device. The books themselves are available both as paperbacks and as ebooks. I hope you'll try it and, even more, I hope you'll enjoy it. All feedback is welcome.

message 8: by Cerena (new)

Cerena Brown | 9 comments ok

message 9: by Stephen (new)

I've posted the opening chapters of Shrine of the Desert Mage as a free sample here on GoodReads. I invite you to check them out.

message 10: by Stephen (new)

I've just published ebook editions of all 4 books in the series.

Shrine of the Desert Mage (Parsina Saga #1) by Stephen Goldin The Storyteller and the Jann (Parsina Saga,# 2) by Stephen Goldin Crystals of Air and Water (Parsina Saga,# 3) by Stephen Goldin Treachery of the Demon King (Parsina Saga,#4) by Stephen Goldin

If you're looking for exciting, romantic adventure, I hope you'll check them out. There's a sample from the first book in my writings here on Goodreads.

message 11: by Stephen (new)

I'm proud of the article about me (and the Saga) in the Beyond Worlds blog this week.