~Opinions~ discussion

Fun > Romantic Characters

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 244 comments What makes a character crushable, adorable, romantic, sexy, attractive, and whatnot? Who are your favorite fictional crushes (from books, TV, movies, or any other medium)? Do you find the obsession with over-protective, borderline stalkerish characters a wee bit disturbing? What characteristics do you look for in a fictional guy?

message 2: by Annemarie (last edited Nov 27, 2010 01:22PM) (new)

Annemarie Carlson (annielawlz) | 470 comments As long as they're not fat. Or have facial hair.

message 3: by Jade (new)

Jade Alexia | 153 comments Lovely dark hair, sappire eyes, one of the most amazing smiles and a supportive one :P

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, gosh. Rachel, this is a great topic :). Hm...

My favorite characters:

Sam Roth (Shiver)--Intense, Sensitive, Caring, Plays the guitar

Zachary (Shade)--Patient, Scottish, Sexy

Stark (House of Night)--Scottish (sorry, I have a Scottish thing), Strong, Passionate, Adept at archery, Loyal

Sam Evans (Glee)--Adorable, Sweet, Patient, Amazing Singer, Killer eyes

Hm...there are more, but too many to list at this point. I'll add more later.

I get tired of the over-protective thing. Yes, it's sweet for a guy to want to protect his girl, but there are limits. This is the 21st century and girls are quite capable of walking through a puddle on their own. Or, at least, that's my opinion :).

message 5: by Jade (new)

Jade Alexia | 153 comments Good speech Candace!

message 6: by Annemarie (new)

Annemarie Carlson (annielawlz) | 470 comments Candace (Amare Infinitum) wrote: "Oh, gosh. Rachel, this is a great topic :). Hm...

My favorite characters:

Stark (Hous..."

I used to like Stark... but then he lost his personality. And he likes Zoey, so I have to fault him a bit for that.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 244 comments Candace (Amare Infinitum) wrote: "Oh, gosh. Rachel, this is a great topic :). Hm...

My favorite characters:

Stark (Hous..."

Ha ha, the only one on that list I know is Sam, and I definitely agree with you on him. And let's not forget his geeky ways. I mean, he speaks Navi (or however you spell it)! And YES! to the Scottish thing. Although for me, it extends to pretty much every accent from the the British Isles (Classic British, Scottish, Welsh, Irish, London-ish).

I'm still working out my list. XD

message 8: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 27, 2010 03:15PM) (new)

@ Esme: Thanks :).

@ Juliet: I understand that. Zoey is quite annoying, but Stark is so smokin' hot--you know, as hot as words on a page can be ;).

@ Rachel: Oh, the geekiness. *swoons* I just . . . love the geeky guys. I think that's why Sam Roth and Sam Evans are my favorites. Roth isn't geeky, but he's very sensitive, which some people might think is geeky. And accents . . . I have to stop there :P. I could listen to those all day.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Esme (Esbah) wrote: "Lovely dark hair, sappire eyes, one of the most amazing smiles and a supportive one :P"

Why Esme, do you have a crush on Christian Ozera, perhaps? ;)

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 244 comments Alright, so here are so things that I find most attractive in fictional characters:

-Dorkiness/Geekiness: I tend not to be as attracted to characters who are all suave and dark and myseterious and traditionally sexy as I am to characters who are geeks and dorks. I find geekiness and dorkiness very endearing. (Ex. Simon from Firefly; Neville from Harry Potter; Rory from Doctor Who)

-Sarcasm: Sarcasm makes the world go 'round. (Ex. Jace from The Mortal Instruments; Wash from Firefly; Fred and George from Harry Potter)

-Internally Tortured: I love characters who are morally struggling with which side to be on, especially when they've sided with the bad side and end up over their heads. (Ex. Luke from Percy Jackson and the Olympians; Angel from Buffy the Vampire Slayer; Zuko from Avatar: the Last Airbender; the character who was Hijacked in Mockingjay who will remain unnamed; Percy from Harry Potter)

-The Third/Fifth Wheel: The character that is sort of like the extra person, continuously left out and forgotten about. The character who may seem inept compared to the other characters in the story. (Rory from Doctor Who; Simon from The Mortal Instruments; Leo from Heroes of Olympus)

-Caring: I love characters who are just genuinely sweet and nice and who care about others. I mean, as fun as the jerk-y characters are, I find it harder to actually like them. The more a character is willing to go out of their way to help others, the more I like them. I tend not to like the genuinely bad boys. (Ex. Peeta from The Hunger Games; Simon from Firefly; Neville from Harry Potter; The Doctor from Doctor Who)

-Dark/Tormented/Mysterious Past: I just want to give these characters a big hug and it makes them so easy to get a crush on. (Ex. Everyone on the "Internally Tortured" list; Neville from Harry Potter; Jasper from Twilight (DON'T JUDGE ME!); Leo from Heroes of Olympus; Jace from Mortal Instruments)

Besides that, being, well, good looking is definitely not a negative. As discussed, accents are also lovely.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Wow, Rachel :). I agree, on all points. I never knew we had so much in common ;).

message 12: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (last edited Nov 27, 2010 03:28PM) (new)

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 244 comments Candace (Amare Infinitum) wrote: "Wow, Rachel :). I agree, on all points. I never knew we had so much in common ;)."

Ha ha, really? Awesome. :)

I may just move some of those books up my "To Read" list now. :D

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

:D

BTW, I finally got caught up on Glee. I want to discuss if you're up for it...we can go to the Glee thread?

message 14: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Candace (Amare Infinitum) wrote: "Oh, gosh. Rachel, this is a great topic :). Hm...

My favorite characters:

Stark (Hous..."

I know sam and zachary on your list and i love them both :)

I also feel prvaliged that you have a thing for the Scots being one myself lol.

I like the typical 'bad guy' thing lol, like Patch from hush hush is my all time fave so far coz he has dark hair and eyes! and is bad ass <3 lol.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 244 comments Eh, I wasn't a fan of Patch at all. He bothered me even more than Edward. :P

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

@ Lauren: My wish in life is to meet a hunky Scottish guy. *whispers* Just don't tell my hubby ;).

message 17: by Lauren (new)

Lauren @Rachel Whaaaaaaaaaaat?! omg i LOVE patch! why dont you like patch? I can see why you wouldnt like Edward though i find him annoying, that might not be your reason for dissliking him but thats mine lol and he is too sensitive.

@Candace haha. Well there is nothing wrong with looking ;) lol.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

@ Lauren: Or in this case, listening...:P

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 244 comments Lauren wrote: "@Rachel Whaaaaaaaaaaat?! omg i LOVE patch! why dont you like patch? I can see why you wouldnt like Edward though i find him annoying, that might not be your reason for dissliking him but thats mine..."

Eh, he just rubbed me the wrong way. There's only so much dark and mysterious I can take before I start finding a character annoying. Patch seemed like a copy of Edward, sort of.

message 20: by Lauren (new)

Lauren I get you, but we will just have to agree to dissagree on patch lol coz he is still my fave, but i have issues with Edward also. :P

message 21: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (last edited Nov 27, 2010 05:15PM) (new)

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 244 comments My fave varies from time to time. At the moment, Rory from Doctor Who and Simon from Firefly and Neville from Harry Potter are all tied as my favorite. I wouldn't be able to choose between them.

Yay for agreeing to disagree! :D

message 22: by Annemarie (new)

Annemarie Carlson (annielawlz) | 470 comments PERCY JACKSON.
<3

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 244 comments Juliet wrote: "PERCY JACKSON.
<3"

For me it was Luke. He was my first character crush! :D (I started crushing on characters later than most)

message 24: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) this is a great thread i should have discovered earlier :P

I agree with your attractive things in literary guys too. And with the accent thing (I find myself swooning every time I hear pretty much any accent - except portuguese, ugh! like, have you heard C Ronaldo speak? def not sexy)

I also love characters who grow throughout the story

now..appearance. I'm a sucker for unusual eyes (Sam from Shiver, Jace, Stefan and Damon Salvatore...) and that's all. It doesn't hurt if they've curly hair either ;P and if they've olive skin

message 25: by Annemarie (new)

Annemarie Carlson (annielawlz) | 470 comments Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) wrote: "Juliet wrote: "PERCY JACKSON.

For me it was Luke. He was my first character crush! :D (I started crushing on characters later than most)"

Oh, I hated Luke.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 244 comments Juliet, what? How is that possible?!

Stray, I can't quite say I'm familiar with the Portuguese accent. And speaking of characters who grow, I am almost guaranteed to like a character if I didn't like them at first, and then found out that they had deeper reasons for behaving in the way that annoyed me. It's probably mostly from guilt, but I still end up liking them a lot. XP

message 27: by Kylee (last edited Nov 28, 2010 06:53PM) (new)

Kylee (kyleerae23) I have different taste in characters... but the ones I like all just have something about them.

Jace- He is sexy and hot and so awesome. I love the sarcasm and how he is filled with self hatred. But he also has a soft side and can be romantic :) He is my favorite out of them all.

Ian from The Host- I love Ian... he is so sweet and caring and thoughtful. But he can be really fierce when he wants.

Patch- Do I even really need to explain this one? The sexy, mysterious, cocky, just amazingness, is absolutely irrestible.

Will from The Clockwork Angel- He is just like Jace except more of a jerk. Oh and he has an English accent... enough said.

Peeta- One of my favorite things about Peeta was that he stands up to Katniss. Sure he is sweet and willing to die for her, not to mention he bakes and has an amazing way with words, but he is honest with her.

message 28: by Annemarie (new)

Annemarie Carlson (annielawlz) | 470 comments Will! Yeah. That was his name. I thought his name was James for some reason.
I like Will better than Jem.

message 29: by Kylee (last edited Nov 28, 2010 07:31PM) (new)

Kylee (kyleerae23) They are both pretty awesome, but Will is more my type :)

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 244 comments As of page 160, I love them both, but Will is the type of character that I would crush on only as a fictional character, while Jem is the type that I would still have a crush on if he were real.

message 31: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) I moved this to the Fun folder :) Just for the record.

Anyway, here are my character crushes:

Fred and George from Harry Potter:
They're funny, witty and good-natured. They do pranks, but not the kind of pranks that hurt people. They get in trouble all the time and are pretty large concerning school-rules. They are also smart though, and open for new ideas. They know what they want and they never do anything half. They are also brave and have good morals and good hearts.

Leo from The lost hero:
Leo is a third wheel with a tormented soul and a sad past. He is witty and funny, always trying to lighten the mood. At the same time, he carries a heavy burden. When it reallly counts he is a very brave person, which is a quality I admire.

The Stroll brothers from Percy Jackson:
Well, I didn't exactly crush on these two, I was just able to see that I could fall for one of them, had they been real. Again funny, witty, brave, smart, etc. My fav. qualities :)

There're more and I shall post them as time goes by :)