Eco Friends discussion

Oil!!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 132 (132 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) What do you think about using oil and the oil/gas prices? And what ways we could stop using oil and other no-renewable resouces.

message 2: by Madisen (new)

Madisen there going up.

message 3: by Katie (new)

Katie taking the bus.

message 4: by Madisen (new)

Madisen yeah...... walking places......... riding bikes........... getting elictric cars

message 5: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) Yes, all it is good but have you heard of OPEC in the 70s they drove up gas prices and they started to become eco friendly. But then when the gas prices went down, they stopped the eco stuff. That is probably going to happen again and again untill the world runs out of all the oil it has. And I mean ALL of it.

This eco friendly stuff is going to end when gas prices go down. No stopping it. I like the eco stuff that is going on but I know that it is not going to last.

message 6: by Madisen (new)

Madisen ........... O.K!

message 7: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) What is that mean?

message 8: by Madisen (new)

Madisen Me?

message 9: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) Hello I'm here.

message 10: by Madisen (new)

Madisen hi

message 11: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) Hi. What are we going to talk about?

message 12: by Madisen (new)

Madisen I dunno. But if we are on the oil thing, we should talk about oil.

message 13: by Katie (new)

Katie Okay, how about this. Oil and gas prices going up isn't always a bad thing. I mean, it gets people to stop using so mucha and to realize that it may be hurting the environment. I am all for saying the environment and everything it comes with including animals. I am gonna babble, so brace yourself. But, if we stop using oil and start putting money towards saving things such as polar bears, earth, and other animals like the whales, then everyhting might not die out like erything thinks it will! What do u think?

message 14: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) I said that before. Oil prices are not always a bad thing....Blah Blah Blah....Repeat Repeat Repeat....Save the animals and the Earth.... It's been all said before. And I still say the same thing: We will never be completly away from oil until oil on the Earth has ran all out.

message 15: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) What do you mean??? Who is taking it? It's our coust (spelling?) line! If we do that we will be ruining the ocean eco-sytem. And plus oil co's have enough land for now. But probably sometime in the future we will do it but I think that we should do it now.

message 16: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) No one can drile in our coust line but us. Stupid!

message 17: by Katie (new)

Katie Actually, with our permission, they can.

message 18: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) I don't think that we'll give permission to someone to drill for oil and sell the oil to us. That just doesn't make season.

message 19: by Katie (new)

Katie If they give us money for it, it does.

message 20: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) But....It doesn't make sense. Why would we do that that? I seems so stupid.

message 21: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) Yah, so what's your point?

message 22: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) So Cuba is taking the oil around them and not around us because they CAN'T. Simple. They don't take what isn't their's. They take was IS their's. Simple. I don't see how Cuba is taking our oil because they can't.

Ok, I agree with the environmentalists about the ocean but I know they wouldn't rule for long. We are going to get that oil in the future, no matter what happens to the ocean if we do it. So you'll be one the wining team. Good for you....

message 23: by Madisen (new)

Madisen ?????

message 24: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) But they can't take it when it is within our coust line. Like they can't take the oil in Alaska. It is our land!

message 25: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) What?!?

Well whatever, oil is oil and I don't like it. People (whom ever) will get it no matter what enironmentalists say. Right now the world needs oil. What we need to do is use it more sparingly until we don't use it at all. Slowly but surely and step by step get way from oil. We are not going to do it quickly, that is just human nature. Okay? So we should help it along the best that we can.

message 26: by Madisen (new)

Madisen I am so confused-ed-ed

message 27: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) Your are?

message 28: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) Oh, trust me we will take it.

message 29: by Madisen (new)

Madisen yes I am

message 30: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) Well, read the other posts before this one.

message 31: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) So. I mean either we get the oil or we don't. If we don't we will be putting out money to other countries or to find so other way on fueling our cars. Plus even if we get the oil we still would be giving other countries our money. So let's start getting away from oil now.

message 32: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) I think that we continue on oil AND work on other way to power our cars and stuff. So we have them both going on and once we do get the tech. we can slowly go on it. Not wait until the world runs out of oil then find the tech.

message 33: by Madisen (new)

Madisen I think we should use horses!!!!!!! (really random, I know)

message 34: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) Yah, random......

message 35: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) Hello, anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 36: by Madisen (new)

Madisen hi!

message 37: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) hi!!

message 38: by Madisen (new)

Madisen so.................

message 39: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) Say something....

message 40: by Madisen (new)

Madisen O.
K

When did your school start?

message 41: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) The 25th of Augest.

message 42: by Madisen (new)

Madisen so does mine.... Oh wait, you live in Austin don't you?

message 43: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) Yes, I do.

message 44: by Madisen (new)

Madisen so do i!

message 45: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) I kind of gathered that.

message 46: by Madisen (new)

Madisen nu-uh....

message 47: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) ummmm..I think oil prices are settling down I mean it is $1.25 per gallon so i think the oil co. is doing great

message 48: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) Yeah but I don't want it to get to low because people will go back to their old habits, and not be green. But it is thanks to this bad ecomny that people aren't doing that right now.

message 49: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) But bad ecomny means people will pollute MORE!!!You know not buy good foods because they are too expensive people will go with McDonalds one buck meals and throw their trash on the road...

message 50: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) No, don't you get it? They drive less because they don't have the money to drive.

But is true. Eco-friendly things cost way to much. They should bring down the price so people can really use them. But the problem is that it takes a lot of money to make. The government should rebaid the companies so they can sell it for less and then we can use it in this bad ecomny.

« previous 1 3