Group Reads > Outback Station, images

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 478 comments Mod
Galah,

message 2: by Jill (new)

Jill Very nice picture Misfit.
Also we often refer to a person acting stupidly or like an idiot as a 'galah'.

message 3: by Misfit (new)

Jill wrote: "Very nice picture Misfit.
Also we often refer to a person acting stupidly or like an idiot as a 'galah'."

Thanks Jill. It really is a treat reading a book like this (or series) along with those from "the locale".

message 4: by Jill (new)

Jill Misfit wrote: "Jill wrote: "Very nice picture Misfit.

Thanks Jill. It really is a treat reading a book like this (or series) al..."

Btw, welcome back. I thought you must have gone away holidaying. Are you back at work this week?

message 5: by Misfit (new)

Not back to work until Monday. Just absent due to computer outage. Glad I took vacation this week considering our nasty snow issues.

message 6: by Misfit (new)

Emu

message 7: by Misfit (new)

Anteater

[image error]

message 8: by Misfit (new)

Mosquito

message 9: by Jill (last edited Nov 27, 2010 04:39PM) (new)

Jill Misfit wrote: "Mosquito

"

I can understand your pictures of a galah, emu and anteater but a mosquito, Misfit??
You don't have them in the States?

ETA: Your picture of the anteater is the one native to South America. Not our spiny anteater the Echidna.

message 10: by Misfit (new)

Jill wrote: "Misfit wrote: "Mosquito

"

I can understand your pictures of a galah, emu and anteater but a mosquito, Misfit??

ETA: Your picture of the anteater is the one nat..."

:)

I would pick the wrong anteater. Mosquitos and flies were mentioned on the same page of other wildlife and I decided to include them. Yes, we do have them here in the states.

message 11: by Jill (new)

Jill Misfit wrote: "Jill wrote: "Misfit wrote: "Mosquito

"

ETA: Your picture of the ant..."

Okay, I'm finished chapter 3 (p 66 my edition) and I am liking this very much.

The main character David Kerrick is great - I love a man who can defend himself! And just been introduced to the main female cast member, Alexandra Hammond. From the little bit about her so far, some female romance authors could take a leaf out of Aaron Fletcher's book. She's neither tstl, too feisty or haughty. What a refreshing change.

message 12: by Misfit (new)

I like Alexandra as well. You'll see what I mean coming up a bit later, but I'm curious how Fletcher will get these two together again.

Billabong,

message 13: by Marg (new)

Marg (margreads) | 128 comments Jill wrote: "Very nice picture Misfit.

Or if they are a real idiot, a "flaming galah"!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Jill wrote: "Misfit wrote: "Mosquito

"

ETA: Your picture of the anteater is the one nat..."

LOL. In Alaska, the mosquito is our State Bird.

message 15: by Jill (new)

Jill Michele wrote: "Jill wrote: "Misfit wrote: "Mosquito

"

ETA: Your picture of the anteater i..."

Please tell me you're joking.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Sort of. The unofficial state bird, anyways. They are like teradactyls up there, ha ha. Really.

message 17: by Carey (new)

Carey (thetometraveller) | 109 comments We have blackflys...I think in England they call them midges. I hate them, they are teensy tiny biting bits of hell that attack you in swarms. Bug spray does not help. The season is supposed to run Mother's Day to Father's Day but they always show up early and stay late...I didn't think anything could make me appreciate the nasty dreary prelude to winter that we are having today, but that did it!

I love the look on that Emu's face!

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Carey wrote: "We have blackflys...I think in England they call them midges. I hate them, they are teensy tiny biting bits of hell that attack you in swarms. Bug spray does not help. The season is supposed to ..."

Blackflys bite? Ouch.....don't think I've ever noticed them up there, but I've probably just never been during the right season.

message 19: by Misfit (new)

Carey wrote: "We have blackflys...I think in England they call them midges. I hate them, they are teensy tiny biting bits of hell that attack you in swarms. Bug spray does not help. The season is supposed to ..."

I've heard the midges in Scotland are nasty. At least that's what Claire (stumpy) always says when Scotland comes up. Wonder why Gabaldon never mentions them, she's such a stickler for detail.

message 20: by Marg (new)

Marg (margreads) | 128 comments I think blackflys here are much bigger flys than normal, and they bite, and it really, really hurts.