Pushing the limits discussion

Debate > Gay/lesbian

Comments Showing 1-50 of 58 (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I have heared that being gay or lesbian is a sin...

I don't think so, in my eyes, there's nothing wrong with it.

What do you think?

MALLORY *ROX EVERYONES SOX* (awesome_1) i think that they should have the same rights as straight people do

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree.

I read a christian topic on it and it said if your gay or are friends with someone who is gay, you go to hell....wtf?

i don't think so..

message 4: by Savita, Let's go Dallas Cowboys! (new)

Savita (haltranger) | 105 comments Mod
I see nothing wrong with it. I don't think my religion has anything against it. It's not like it's a choice you make...

message 5: by Savita, Let's go Dallas Cowboys! (new)

No, you do not choose. It's a hormonal thing.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

My friend is a christian but she doesn't believe in that, she believes that God loves everyone for who they are.

message 7: by Savita, Let's go Dallas Cowboys! (new)

Hm...I have one Christian friend who I've discussed religion with, but she's sorta naive, so it didn't amount to much...

message 8: by Savita, Let's go Dallas Cowboys! (new)

Man he was lucky! But it's not a choice.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

She wants to know what that has to do with you being homophobic

message 10: by Savita, Let's go Dallas Cowboys! (new)

Wait-what?

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

not you

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Fear says that he's being homophobic because he thinks God shames on people who are gay but thats not true because he loves everyone equally.

message 13: by Savita, Let's go Dallas Cowboys! (new)

Oh, Chase, sorry.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Savita wrote: "No, you do not choose. It's a hormonal thing."

I think you chose, you chose who you want to love and theres nothing wrong with that.

message 15: by Savita, Let's go Dallas Cowboys! (new)

My mom's a nurse, and I asked her when I was younger (she was very flustered but told me the truth cuz she showed me something in a nursing book) and it was something to do with the brain and hormones...I got kinda confused.

message 16: by Savita, Let's go Dallas Cowboys! (new)

I don't have much of an opinion with that...I mean, I don't see anything wrong with it.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

From Fear: And i bet she's not a christian, huh?

message 18: by Savita, Let's go Dallas Cowboys! (new)

Mom? No...

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

From Fear: Exactly, she sees from a scientists veiw, but those who see through the eyes of God see things differently.

message 20: by Savita, Let's go Dallas Cowboys! (new)

That's the thing. Our family is...Well, my parents are more religious than I am, but I try. Sorta. Not very good. But I still don't see anything wrong with it. Neither do my parents.

message 21: by Savita, Let's go Dallas Cowboys! (new)

Psh, I think if you're serving in the military you would have better morals.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

From Fear: There isn't anything wrong with it, but some people think it's hormonal but it's not, you chose who you want to marry and love.

message 23: by Savita, Let's go Dallas Cowboys! (new)

I still think it's hormonal. I wonder if there is anything official online...

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

From Fear: A bunch of things online are full of crap...I wouldn't trust the internet..

message 25: by Savita, Let's go Dallas Cowboys! (new)

Anything that's .gov or .edu is definetly reliable...

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

From Fear: I still wouldn't trust it, no one can keep me from what i believe in.

message 27: by Marina (new)

Marina I am only going to make one big comment on here, hopefully. Here it does. *Takes in huge deep breath*.

Being homosexual does technically go against the bible. Actually, it goes against one line. In one holy book. Of one religion. Our society doesn't separate church and state nearly enough, and it's affecting a large majority of people.

Gays do NOT (see that? I said NOT) choose to be that way. They can choose to come out about it, but it is DEFINITELY not a choice. Let me ask you, when did you choose to be straight? Did you just wake up one day and say, "You know, I'll think I'll like the opposite gender." No, you didn't. Your sexuality is in your genes. You don't decide who you are sexually attracted to, whether you're gay or straight. It's not your own, conscious decision. Plus, who WOULD choose to be gay? Have you seen the amount of bullying that has happened because of it? Kids as young as 9 years old and younger are attempting suicide because they've been bullied so much. That's absolutely horrible. Why would anyone choose that lifestyle? The answer is, they don't.

And finally, they definitely deserve the same rights as everyone else. It's like saying someone shouldn't be able to get married because they're black, or something incredibly dumb like that. Everyone has the right to love. It's just wrong to stop someone because you don't agree with their personal choices that aren't affecting you anyway.

message 28: by Val (new)

Val (theangryturtle) | 47 comments Mod
Dude no offense but the bible os bullshit. Christianity in general. That just my oponion. But hey im not a bad person! Im buddhist ^_^
I dont wana start a arguement

message 29: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 26, 2010 12:45PM) (new)

I do agree with that last part...

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Valentina wrote: "Dude no offense but the bible os bullshit. Christianity in general. That just my oponion. But hey im not a bad person! Im buddhist ^_^
I dont wana start a arguement"

well how do you know that buddha is real?

message 31: by Marina (new)

Marina Valentina wrote: "Dude no offense but the bible os bullshit. Christianity in general. That just my oponion. But hey im not a bad person! Im buddhist ^_^

I'm not religious either. Which is why I said it was stupid that we follow (in our government) one line from one holy book.

And Buddha was a real, living person. Just like Jesus was. And they both had many people who followed them and listened to their teachings. The difference is that Buddha wasn't promoting a religion, but a lifestyle, and Jesus was pretending to be the Messiah.

message 32: by Val (new)

Fear wrote: "Valentina wrote: "Dude no offense but the bible os bullshit. Christianity in general. That just my oponion. But hey im not a bad person! Im buddhist ^_^

well how ..."

He was real.we try to be like him, adopt his life style

message 33: by Val (new)

Marina wrote: "Valentina wrote: "Dude no offense but the bible os bullshit. Christianity in general. That just my oponion. But hey im not a bad person! Im buddhist ^_^

I'm not reli..."

I know right. I went to a private school for 5 years and im fed up with cjristianty, ESCIAPPLY catholicism. I was catholic, then i was agnostic, then atheist, then antichristian, then buddhism ^.^

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

...Ok, imma make a different topic about religion

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Marina wrote: "Valentina wrote: "Dude no offense but the bible os bullshit. Christianity in general. That just my oponion. But hey im not a bad person! Im buddhist ^_^

I'm not reli..."
he wasnt pretending!!!!!!ur such a bitch!

and valentina, Jesus was real to, and just because u like the fucking budha better doesnt mean u have to go arond putting down other peoples religions. in other words, just you have a bad fucking case of PMS doesnt mean u get to be a bitch to anyone you want.

message 36: by Val (new)

Yeah i know. Im not hating on jesus i know he was real. Im just sying modern chriatianty is bullshit with their money scams. And im not pmsing or putting down a religon. Im saying the kodern church is fuckong bullshit and wants money.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

wtf is kodern?? and also, its not a money scam. tell me one way they have EVEr taken money. they have offering, yes, for people who are killed because of what they belive, muslims do that too. and so do many religions

message 38: by Marina (new)

Marina Oh, and Valentina, Buddhism isn't a religion. It's a philosophy based off of not wanting things.

message 39: by Savita, Let's go Dallas Cowboys! (new)

Like Hinduism is more of a way or life than a religion.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

i dont, im not very judgemental, i acutally think that gay/lebo/bi ppl are nicer

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

same...

message 42: by Marina (new)

Marina I think that they're all people and that there are nice ones and bitchy ones and I know some that are really awesome, and some that I want to throw across the room at a wall (just like I would like to do with some straight people). ♥

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

hehe

message 44: by Jon (new)

Jon (MyNameIsJon) | 4 comments Mod
yeah uhhm i dont really mind gay or lesbian ppl because well.....hmmmm...
1. They're usually the nicest ppl evr
2. A lot of them seem to be shy
3. A lot of them hang out with ppl like them so they dont really interfear with your straight group (unless your your gay/lesbian)

message 45: by Jon (new)

Jon (MyNameIsJon) | 4 comments Mod
Oh and I'm straight

message 46: by Marina (new)

Marina Actually, I have a pet peeve that I am going to complain about now.

It is so annoying when people say, "Gays are so much cooler/funnier/nicer!!" Dudes, they're PEOPLE. Some of them are cool, some of them are dicks. Their sexuality doesn't make them any better or any worse. They're PEOPLE!

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Does it?

Have you noticed that outcasts tend to be nicer that the populat people in the world?

I'm not saying that all outcasts are nice and all popular people are bitches...this is just from what i've seen...

lovedbyOrangemond (too-much) I think gays guys are cute lol I have friends who are lesbians and bis

message 49: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 26, 2010 05:20PM) (new)

Gay people in the world i live in are put down a lot...they usually aren't as cocky...because of how others treat them, they don't have much to brag about, and if they do, they tend to keep quiet.

Your right, some are still dicks...but most aren't...it's not about their sexuality...it's more about how people handle it.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Dallas * Just in case* wrote: "I think gays guys are cute lol I have friends who are lesbians and bis"

Oh

« previous 1