This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

I hated my Thanksgiving

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments I was so sick I couldn't eat anything except half a crescent roll. And it's my favorite holiday! BOO!

On the upside, I was also too sick to cook or clean.

message 2: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments I worked yesterday, but the real downside was the crazy lady the wife invited.*

I thought the point of moving far away from family was to avoid crazy people.

I think I've mentioned that the wife is way too nice, despite my subtle mentoring.

message 3: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments How did her tooth get knocked out?

message 4: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments I'm better, thanks! Yay computer!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Gretchen! That sucks!!!

I'm sick right now, but not so that I wouldn't be able to cook or eat.

Bluch. Bodies suck. Except when they don't!

message 6: by Malbadeen (new)

Malbadeen I spent Thanksgiving with my ex-husband and his family (my ex-husband and my son showed up an hour late because he was at the neighboors house).

Then I went to my sisters which was fun until one of her friends wanted to smoke pot and my sister said, "no! not while my nieces and nephews are here!" so I felt like I should pack up the nieces and nephews and go.

I also tried to hang a curtain rod which meant I tore up the wall and broke the rod and was generally a terrible mom while I did all that. On the bright side. it's over. and my ex will be in China for Christmas. THANK GOD!!!!

message 7: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments WHAT?!?!

message 8: by Malbadeen (new)

Malbadeen My ex thinks he's taking my son on a "spiritual journey" in Janurary.
it's not happening.
ever.

message 9: by Stina (new)

Stina (stinalee) | 653 comments As part of my Thanksgiving weekend, I administered an enema to a 6-year-old who was in dire need of shit-taking.

I told her that I could give her anything if she'd just calm down and she told me she needed $25.00 (after first telling me that she needed an American Girl Doll which prompted me to laugh in her face). I said fine... when it was all over, she looked at me and said, "Okay Teenie, where's my 25 cents?" I said "25 cents?" She said, "Yes, you promised." I whipped a quarter out of my wallet and now feel kind of guily for ripping her off.

The mean part of me thinks she should learn the difference between dollars and cents and then we wouldn't have this problem.

message 10: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 29, 2010 02:49PM) (new)

You helped her with her dire need and you also paid her, so no guilt is necessary!

Marie! You didn't have to leave! Chad (I'm assuming it was him) is just oblivious. If it was New Year's Eve, I could maybe see it--but on THanksgiving?! Kids playing with their cousins is more important.

I thought you left because you were tired. :_(

message 11: by Malbadeen (new)

Malbadeen your poor daughter.
poor you!
egads - would die if I had to do that!

Sarah, of course it was Chad. The thing is he totaly could have done that outside or whatever but I think Megan likes it when the kids hour is over. Which I totally understand and try and respect. It's fine, it's not like I needed to party till the break of dawn on Thanksgiving.

message 12: by Stina (new)

Stina (stinalee) | 653 comments Marie emrich wrote: "your poor daughter.
poor you!
egads - would die if I had to do that!

Marie... that is the BEST part- it's not even my kid!! Her mom got to sit at home without a kid crying about her sad, constipated belly.

I am a fantastic aunt. If you think enemas and quarters are fantastic.

message 13: by Malbadeen (new)

Malbadeen oh man - I skimmed that part.
you are truely amazing!!!

message 14: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Kristina, you rock! Was the enema the first "route" you tried? Or were there other failed attempts??

message 15: by Stina (new)

Stina (stinalee) | 653 comments The enema was decided upon after going up to a drugstore to see what my options were... the pharmacist said it would be the fastest method of relief. I purchased an child's enema, a pack of cigarettes and a box of Hot Tamales... I can only imagine what the old lady who rang up my purchase was thinking about my night.

My niece thought the pictures on the enema box were hysterical... until she was informed that that would be her!

Have your girls had to have anything like that?

message 16: by Stina (new)

Stina (stinalee) | 653 comments PS. It's fun to talk to a 6 year old about privacy. Thinking that she would totally run to school and tell people that Teenie stuck something in her butt and then gave her a quarter, we had this conversation.

"Okay, this is not something we tell people."

Feeling like a creepo, I started over.

"Okay, this is not something you tell lots of people. You can totally talk about it with your mom and dad and Gaga and Papa. Just don't talk about it at school. This is private, except it's not a secret, but you shouldn't talk about it anyway."

Yeah, way less creepy when I put it like that.

message 17: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments My first daughter had troubles in this department when she was smaller, but I never gave her an enema. I probably should have, though. I took other measures which did not include funny pictures nor end well.

message 18: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments PS. It's fun to talk to a 6 year old about privacy. Thinking that she would totally run to school and tell people that Teenie stuck something in her butt and then gave her a quarter.

HAHAHAHAH!

message 19: by Stina (new)

Stina (stinalee) | 653 comments smetchie wrote: "My first daughter had troubles in this department when she was smaller, but I never gave her an enema. I probably should have, though. I took other measures which did not include funny pictures nor..."

Holy shit... what measures???

message 20: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments suppositories and manual disimpaction
:)

message 21: by Stina (new)

Stina (stinalee) | 653 comments I thought there was a hint of something manual going on there. I have a nurse friend who has to do that sometimes and YIKES.

Yikes, yikes, yikes...

I bow to you... that sounds BAD.

message 22: by smetchie (last edited Nov 30, 2010 10:03AM) (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments It's amazing the lengths one will go to for their child.

I mean, if a regular person threw up in my mouth I definitely wouldn't think they were cute anymore.

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments ok! it's official! y'all a bunch of weirdos!

message 24: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments The papaya fucker.

message 25: by Erika (new)

Erika | 202 comments Ten bucks for a tooth? I think it's a little higher than the going rate but since she had to get it pulled it's probably worth it.

Kristina - this is not something we tell people - that's hilarious! What a good aunt. She's one lucky kid.