Terminalcoffee discussion

Celebrate > who else is not celebrating thanksgiving today?

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments what it says on the label. i know i'm not the only non-american here so let's feel alone together.

message 2: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) There must be somebody.

message 3: by Spellbound (new)

Spellbound (spellboundreads) | 117 comments Here I am.
No thanksgiving for me. Just a normal shitty day at work.

message 4: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments crappy job or bad day or both?

message 5: by Arphaxad (new)

Arphaxad | 5 comments Me neither! Just a normal day at uni in the UK, alas.

message 6: by Spellbound (new)

Spellbound (spellboundreads) | 117 comments Bad day, one of many actually but I'm a positive bitch, I still have great expectations. ;-)

message 7: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments it can only get better, right?

message 8: by Spellbound (new)

Spellbound (spellboundreads) | 117 comments Yay!!
I look forward to Christmas and New Year's Eve. I have great plans. :-D

message 9: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1107 comments I'm not! I'm not!

message 10: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 25, 2010 02:14PM) (new)

I'm not. I did manage to spend most of thanksgiving sleeping due to the time zone difference. I have to get up in half an hour to get ready for work. Just another day in the office.

message 11: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 136 comments We had Thanksgiving with the in-laws last weekend. My husband and I work today. It gets kind of depressing not getting to spend holidays with family.

message 12: by Lori (last edited Nov 25, 2010 12:02PM) (new)

Lori HEy Gail, happy news in your neck of the woods or I should say ocean: http://gawker.com/5699162/three-teena...

message 13: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments My son is alone in San Francisco. Lots of friends who have their own families. He is electing to stay home and have a giant chili dog for dinner. he works thanksgiving and every other holiday on 3rd shift. I sent him an Email in case he does not have a chance to call me today. He says he does not mind being alone and he could have gone to several friends houses but he would rather sleep since he does work 3rd shift.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Lori wrote: "HEy Gail, happy news in your neck of the woods or I should say ocean: http://gawker.com/5699162/three-teena..."

"So we went over and yelled out, 'Are you okay?' As we got closer, we realised they weren't. They were over the moon to see us."

Those Kiwi's are so funny. :)

message 15: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (jez476) | 664 comments The hub and I are having Thanksgiving alone, just the two of us. He's never cared for Thanksgiving but for me it's all about the food. Besides, everyone will be coming over our place for Christmas.

message 16: by Auntie (new)

Auntie Raye-Raye (fabulousraye) I'm not celebrating. I'm not big on holidays.

message 17: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments We went to a museum in Chicago today. The space wasn't crowded, so the decision was ideal. Now I'm watching Mythbusters with the kids...I assume that's not a traditional Thanksgiving activity.

message 18: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (shirleythekindlereader) I am thankful everyday, but, not celebrating the holiday... there is just me. Will cook the cheap turkey when it thaws and bag and freeze for future dinners. I use the holidays to stockpile baking goods because they are cheaper. My thoughts and prayers to those who have very little to be thankful for this year.

message 19: by Malcolm (new)

Malcolm Esquire (MalcolmEsq) I'm from England so I'm not celebrating thanksgiving

message 20: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments Malcolm, so long as you are within the borders of the USA, thanksgiving is your holiday as well. Feel free to stuff yourself and watch american football either on tv or in person (many local high schools have very big games on thanksgiving day which is the end of their season usually. enjoy! feast! howl at the moon!

message 21: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments My son emailed me: he decided to forego the chili dog for thanksgiving and roasted a duck dinner for himself. which he will still eat all alone,by himself. alas.

message 22: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24362 comments Mod
From chili dog to roasted duck?? That is a large increase in ambition.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

What do you do to observe it? Park yourself in front of the television?

message 24: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments I slept through the whole thing with the flu so I didn't celebrate it either. But as soon as I feel better I'm going to dog some leftovers.

message 25: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Yeah that's no fun at all.

message 26: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments i hope you feel better soon, gretchen. being sick sucks, especially when there's good food to be eaten.

message 27: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments That's a shame Gretchen. Rest up. Feel better.

message 28: by RandomAnthony (last edited Nov 26, 2010 07:21AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Hope you feel better, Gretchen! I sometimes get sick right when I hit a break because, you know, I can then...

Here's a couple pics from the Field Museum on Thanksgiving...

Photobucket

Photobucket

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Taller I suspect.

message 30: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Some fine looking children, indeed. And so well behaved, too.

message 31: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Sorry, KD. Hope you have other things worth celebrating.

message 32: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments KD: your dad may be down but he is not out of the game yet. If he knew who you were and could speak to you, you are very lucky. I keep reminding my son he should talk/message me as often as possible because no one lives forever and 62 means I have more years behind me than ahead of me. Get your parents stories stored in your memory Now...don't wait.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

KD I apologise for being flippant. I hope your Dad is running around soon and as Larry said, I hope you have other things worth celebrating.

message 34: by Lobstergirl, el principe (last edited Nov 26, 2010 04:18PM) (new)

Lobstergirl | 24362 comments Mod
RandomAnthony wrote: "Hope you feel better, Gretchen! I sometimes get sick right when I hit a break because, you know, I can then...

Here's a couple pics from the Field Museum on Thanksgiving...

"

Awww....adorable kiddies.