Ms. Wieder's Humanities Crew discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Assignments > THANKSGIVING HW DUE SUNDAY NIGHT 11/28 at 12 Midnight

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ms. O'Rourke (last edited Nov 23, 2010 04:42PM) (new)

Ms. O'Rourke | 47 comments Mod
FIRST: UPDATE YOUR STATUS on your book in the upper right hand corner of your home page.

Write me one sentence that tells me what your favorite thing you ate this weekend was, and your favorite thing that happened in your book.

Miss you guys!

Ms. O!

message 2: by Ms. O'Rourke (last edited Nov 23, 2010 04:42PM) (new)

Ms. O'Rourke | 47 comments Mod
I ALREADY UPDATED MY BOOKS!

Omg self-that-is-Ms. O, I can't wait to eat the homemade mac-n-cheese that you/I am gonna make and my favorite thing that has happened in my book so far is the part when the dad decides to go to Baby College 3 times in a row because he knows how good it is for his family.

message 3: by Dante (new)

Dante (dantedilallo) | 10 comments The favorite thing I ate this weekend is the mashed yams that my dad made, Sooooo good. The favorite thing about the book, is the ending.

message 4: by Gustavo (new)

Gustavo Altamirano | 10 comments Ok can't wait to eat the turkey with the family tomorrow, going to have a good dinner, and my favorite thing,well I can't really say one,it is all so good,can't put it down almost there,to the end.

message 5: by Sammie (new)

Sammie | 10 comments My favorite thing had to be the orange jello pie with peach slices in them, yum! This best event that had to happen so far is that Travis is finally realizing what's going on in his life.

Jonah or Jonahmus Jackson Prime | 9 comments At thanksgiving, my favorit thing I had was BBQ ribs and mac and cheese. In the Hobbit, my favorite part of the book is that the hobbits having a meeting with Gandalf the grey and Bilbo Baggins is missing it, and they're all wondering where he is.

message 7: by Connie (new)

Connie | 10 comments the best thing I ate was pumpkin pie and the best thing that happened so far in the book is when people are confused and call each other by the wrong names.

message 8: by Mark (new)

Mark Bely | 10 comments The best thing I ate was my grandpa's "second try" turkey and the best part of the book is when the main girl stands up for her self

message 9: by Symone (new)

Symone Boston | 6 comments The Best thing i ate for thanksgiving was pumpkin cheese cake! And the best thing that happens in PUSH is the main charactor is getting motherly love from her social worker!

message 10: by Emily (new)

Emily (EmilyDuong) | 10 comments The best food I ate during thanksgiving was the pumpkin pie ! The best part in Flight is when "Zits" gets shot during a bank robbery and when he wakes up he's a whole different person back in time. :)

message 11: by Till (new)

Till (TillKallem) | 12 comments My favorite thing that I ate this weekend was stuffing and favorite thing that happened in the book was that Buck kills a bunch of Native Americans who kill his owner. He just jumps on them out of no where and kills more than half of them while and dodging their spears and arrows.

message 12: by Jose (new)

Jose Quezada | 8 comments This thanksgiving i got my grub on haha but i got to say my favorite dish was the turkey and some good ol' tacos ;). My favorite part was luis and tino have to run from the police because they got caught trespassing at the elementary school.

message 13: by Marco (new)

Marco Fung For thanksgiving i went to my friends house and we got our grub on. We had a bunch of food and we ate a bunch of pumpkin pie. in the book the best part is how the father and son cares so much about each other.

message 14: by Fedor (new)

Fedor Garmatyuk | 11 comments I enjoyed eating Mimoza (a russian salad, cheese, butter, canned fish,hard boiled egg(s), marinated onion, and mayonaise. This is all in layers and is quite delicious when combined. as a side note i didnt put the ingredients in the correct order). The best part of my book would be when... That one guy does that one thing. JK i actually enjoyed the part when murray (present, jermaine: present) got shot by the drunk guy and janochek almost killed the drunk guy with a shovel.

message 15: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Powell (kimkim) | 4 comments For thanksgiving, I went to my grandmother's house to be with my family and spend time with some of my cousins that I have never known.

message 16: by Jeffrey (new)

Jeffrey Miramontes | 5 comments My favorite thing i ate was the turkey my auntie made. my favorite thing in the book so far is when one of the kids in the book breaks a bottle on someone

message 17: by Kate (new)

Kate Shrayber (kateshrayber) | 12 comments Holy pancakes I don't even know where to start about my favorite food. I ate too much. it has to be a tie between my friends mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes, crescent rolls and these little turkey rolls or the homemade cranberry sauce! TOO DELISH. I can't believe I just said that..My favorite part so far was when Celie found out that her husband has been hiding all of her sisters letters.

message 18: by Dan (new)

Dan | 4 comments My favorite food that I ate was either my dads homemade stuffing or the turkey he made. It was sooooooooooo good. The best part of my book for me was how Malcolm X transforms from a hustler to a man full of pride and dignity.

message 19: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Guardado | 7 comments The best thing I ate this weekend was my mom's sweet potato casserole. My favorite thing that happened in my book was when Jing-mei's mom is telling her Kweilin story.

message 20: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 10 comments The favorite food I ate during Thanksgiving was the pumpkin pie!!! My favorite part in the book is when Lenny gets killed.

message 21: by Rae (new)

Rae Enriquez (raenriquez) | 8 comments My favorite food from Thanksgiving was the stuffing, and my favorite part of the book is Will and Chester exploring a tunnel underground.

message 22: by Miguel (last edited Nov 28, 2010 06:38PM) (new)

Miguel | 7 comments the food i liked the most was a tie between a spanish torta and a pumkin ball
my faveorite parts of this book are the battle scenes excpecially when the valkyrie come in.

message 23: by Elisa (new)

Elisa Mendoza | 9 comments My favorite food that i ate Thanksgiving was sweet potatoes with marshmallows,SO JUICY AND SWEET! An exciting part that happened in my book was that there was a big argument between the mother and daughter.

ilov tac obel (josue mejia) (ilovtacobeljosuemejia) | 8 comments favorite thing i ate was 7-seas soup and favorite part of the book was when albert kim kissed the broom

message 25: by Ramon (last edited Nov 28, 2010 08:45PM) (new)

Ramon Gomez | 8 comments My favorite thing i ate on Thanksgiving was the ham that my moms makes taste realy juicy. :) Something that i found interesting was how the author talks about his father.

message 26: by Giovanni (new)

Giovanni Luna | 8 comments My favorite thing I ate this weekend was, some homemade Enchiladas!:) And my favorite thing that happened in my book was, that Kevin is finally figuring out what's "wrong" with his camera.

message 27: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Legaspi | 10 comments My favorite thing that i ate this weekend was my aunts homemade turkey and spagetti! :)

My favorite thing that i READ was when the aithor was extremely discriptive with the escape of the family and how suspensful he made it. :)

message 28: by Elis (new)

Elis Aguilar | 7 comments My favorite thing I ate this weekend was mashed potatoes... :) My favorite thing I read was when the character in my book was interviewed for a job, but while he was describing the interview he changed what actually happened by a lot and added a bunch of really strange random things. It was really bizarre and I loved it.

message 29: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Chue-wong | 10 comments My favorite thing i ate this weekend was my aunts homemade pie yum!!

My favorite thing that happened in my book was when Christopher went though the streets to ask people about the murder, I liked this part because he over thinks things which makes things a lot tougher for him.

message 30: by Iyanna (new)

Iyanna | 6 comments my favorite thing i ate was my mom"s yams and mac&cheese because the yams are sweet and goood and the mac is cheesy good and more cheesy.
my favorite thing that happend in the book was when Ms trunchbull threw the girl in the feild by her hair because she didnt like piggytails. (thats was mean but kinda funny)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.