Kenyons Minions discussion

LOA: Knight of Darkness (August BOTM)

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by valee (last edited Nov 23, 2010 05:16AM) (new)

valee Here's the book summary:

For centuries, I've been the assassin for the infamous Merlin, even though the woman who birthed me sits at the right hand of our enemy, Morgan le Fey. Now my mother has decided it's time I take her side of this conflict.

Normally, telling her no wouldn't be a problem. However my mother gave me a harsh choice: join Morgen's side or see an innocent die. I'm all for saving the innocent, but Merewyn isn't as innocent as she seems. Still, leaving her to Morgen is rough, even for me, and the only way to save us both is to face the evilest forces ever known—my mother and Morgen. Now two people who know nothing of trust must learn to rely on each other or die.

message 2: by valee (new)

valee This installment wasn't as good as the first one for sure. What I loved the most about the first one was the amazing plot, the great main characters as well as the secondary, and their personalities. You had a very brave and strong warrior who was supposed to be the most evil creature but once he met his heroine he just simply loved her and was able to change. I know it may sound corny but it really wasn't because it was amazingly written.

But this story was cheesy. It was like reading a mix with robin hood and the beauty and the beast. I just think the plot wasn't good and the bad guys in this one were terrible. But there were many, many funny moments that made me laugh hard several times. That's the only reason I'm giving 3 stars to this one. I don't like corny, sorry. Still Kenyon's writing style is terrific and I really enjoyed the story. But the first one was way better. I will read the next one for sure because I love the characters and the Arthurian related plot. But the romance in this story wasn't good at all for me.

ᑭᑌᑎƳᗩ [Punya Reviews...] (sadeyes) | 8 comments This book was marvelous and so hilarious! Varian was such a puppy for Merewyn, I loved it! :D

message 4: by valee (new)

valee I really liked it too Punya! I have been waiting for release of book 3 for so long that I have forgotten the first 2 books but I do remember I liked them big time. Can't wait for the next.

message 5: by ᑭᑌᑎƳᗩ [Punya Reviews...] (last edited Jul 05, 2011 01:23AM) (new)

ᑭᑌᑎƳᗩ [Punya Reviews...] (sadeyes) | 8 comments Oh Lady Vale, glad to know someone agrees with me on LoA series. I've just finished them a month or so ago so I still have them all in my memory but 'til 2013? You can guess! lolz

message 6: by valee (new)

valee I wonder why she postponed the release because it was due to come out much earlier.

ᑭᑌᑎƳᗩ [Punya Reviews...] (sadeyes) | 8 comments I know. Actually when I was looking through her backlist as KM, some websites said it's been published but later on, I couldn't find the book anywhere so had to head back to her website, which is where I saw it's scheduled for '13. I was like, seriously?! :|

message 8: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new)

Shari-amor | 5275 comments We'll be starting this read August 1st

message 9: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new)

Shari-amor | 5275 comments Alright if I remember correctly. I really enjoyed this one. I actually liked this a bit better since now I understand the world a bit better and I'm not getting so much information at once.

I loved both Merewyn and Varian together. I loved Blaise. He was hilarious and the pieces that we learn about him was worthwhile. I find myself wanting more.

Narishka and Morgen were downright evil. Although I think Narishka has Morgen beat. At least Morgen has some feeling for her son.

message 10: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Yea, I liked this one even better as well. Had way more info in there than the first. Things were further explained out. I did totally love how evil Narishka was as well. Morgen is sorta reminding me of Artie at times. And yes Blaise was definitely ahead of his time for sure. Be interesting if we saw him in Max's book maybe.

message 11: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new)

Shari-amor | 5275 comments Yeah I sort of have that feeling about Morgen as well. A being who doesn't have a real concept of love excluding for her son. She has that whole Goddess complex. I think she might be surprising us in the future.

Narishka was a lovely villain. Although I would have loved to seen more of that craziness.

Clearly they just let anyone be a knight but I guess not everyone can be a good old boy. Some of those dudes were stuck up and snobby.

Too bad we gotta wait till 2016 for the LOA to have their own book again.

message 12: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments True enough. And in so many ways I'm glad that we aren't actually reading about the Lords of Avalong per se. Cause I don't think I could hack reading books about their stuck butts. Would for sure be like pulling teeth.

message 13: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new)

Shari-amor | 5275 comments Yes they have a very black and white, good Vs. evil way of thinking. They can learn a bit from Varian and Kerrigan. Lol I love that they'll ruffle their feathers.