FATTIES UNITE! discussion

Thread Graveyard > Options for Hydration...

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) | 557 comments Mod
I was inspired by many of you today who said you find it hard to liquefy sensibly. I'm with you! Sodas are out, because they're just plain bad for you. And I hate water. Hate it. So what are some alternatives you all have tried?

~Crystal Light--though I hate fake sweetners, this one is ok... I use less powder than what the Crystal Light people tell you to use because otherwise it's soooooo sweet.
~Add a splash of 100% juice to your water.
~Make yourself a pitcher of iced teas/tisane, and drink them either unsweet or very lightly sweetened. There are lots of teas/tisanes out there, so you can change up the flavor for the sake of variety.

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) I've discovered that I love this in orange flavor:

http://www.crystalgeyser.com/smw/cgw_...

And I agree with Amanda... a whole packet of Crystal Light is too sweet. I like 1/2 a packet of lemonade flavor.

message 3: by Kim (new)

Kim (kmdoubleday) I can't stand Crystal Light. I don't mind water, it would be better if it were caffeinated.

message 4: by Lori (new)

Lori Kim, I just wrote in the other thread caffeine will dehydrate you, it's a diuretic.

Fortunately, I love water! The red Vitamin Water is pretty decent, when I want some flavor.

message 5: by Kim (new)

Kim (kmdoubleday) I haven't tried the vitamin water.. Is it really good? I'm not sure how I feel about flavored water.

I know.. I know.. But, 4 kids, Lori! I need the pick-me-up!

message 6: by Lori (new)

Lori Oy Kim, I really don't know how you do it. I feel a need for a latte just thinking about it, as well as an increase in my pulse! My one exhausts me.

message 7: by Amanda (new)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystall...
As much as we can trust wiki...

Anyway, Vitamin Water is delicious, but it's got crystalline fructose in it. Which is basically dehydrated High Fructose Corn Syrup. DAMN!

message 8: by RandomAnthony (last edited Jul 23, 2008 07:42PM) (new)

RandomAnthony What if I drink water AND diet coke? So what if I have to pee every ten minutes? I need the caffeine:)

Oh, I forgot to mention, I drink a lot of iced herbal tea...rihski or whatever.

message 9: by Amanda (new)

Rishi? http://www.rishi-tea.com/
I remember seeing them at the world tea expo. Their iced tea IS delicious! Do they bottle it now? Or do you brew it yourself?

message 10: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Yeah, that one, Amanda! Citrus Oolong. I make it myself and take it to work in my huge stainless steel thermos. I love it. I think the company is connected to Wisconsin somewhere because you see rishi tea everywhere.

message 11: by Amanda (new)

Wait, citrus oolong won't be herbal (or caffeine free). Just letting you know in case you thought you were drinking a tea-free beverage.

Well, well, looks like I'm quite the know-it-all, doesn't it? Ok, I'm gonna shut up now before I start to get on my own nerves.

And I'm jealous that you have lots of Rishi around. My b'partner and I are looking into getting some new tea vendors and Rishi is on our list of potentials. They really do make some of the best iced tea blends out there!

message 12: by Lori (new)

Lori b'partner?

message 13: by Amanda (new)

business partner.
sorry. I'm a lazy typist sometimes. :)

message 14: by Sarah (last edited Jul 23, 2008 11:42PM) (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Bi partner. She's just trying to make Kim jealous. ;)

(That's a joke, for those of you who don't know about "~YCM~")

message 15: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Oh, sorry, Amanda, yes, I knew they weren't herbal...my bad. I love it anyway:)

Bi-partner...heh...

Sarah was up late last night too.

message 16: by Amanda (new)

*rolls eyes*
Please, you think my b'partner and I haven't had eyebrows raised in our direction before? Happens alllllll the time. hee hee

message 17: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Yeah, Anthony, I was checking stuff out after I got home from my audition last night.

message 18: by Amanda (new)

hee hee! Sarah said, "checking stuff out"

message 19: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) That's dirty? Mands, that book you're reading has your mind firmly in the gutter, I'd say.

message 20: by Amanda (new)

sorry...

:)

message 21: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) And Mands, if you and your b'partner would stop making out in the middle of the tea shop, the eyebrows might not get raised so much. Geez.

message 22: by Amanda (new)

hahahaha

message 23: by Meghan (new)

Meghan RA - you do know they make caffeinated water right?

There are other flavored waters out there that have no sugars AND no calories. I believe Target brand is one. Propel is sugar-free but has calories, I believe (10 calories, I believe, so in that respect, much better than a soda). You have to check the labels.

Instead of putting a lemon wedge in your water, try a lime.

message 24: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) Meghan - Thanks for the tip on Target brand water... it is really good and is great when you need the carbonation fix!

message 25: by Meghan (new)

Meghan It was my lifesaver when I was doing the first two weeks of South Beach. Since you couldn't have sugar, all I was craving was fruit. So I could "cheat" without cheating.