Kenyons Minions discussion

The Spoiler Zone > Apollymi (Spoiler Zone)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 114 (114 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by valee (new)

valee Am I the only one who feels sorry as hell for this woman? I mean seriously, she has been trapped there for so long and will not come out because she'll destroy everything!

I really would love to see her HEA and with one who could really tame her,lol, that would be something worth to read, more than anything else.

I wonder who could be her HEA... Savitar??

I love how much she cares about Acheron too.

message 2: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Lol, this is so ironic you wrote this topic after what I just posted. But yes I am totally with you. I want Apollymi so happy for once. Not end of the world kind of happy though, lol. But where she can laugh and have fun with someone too. Cause I can only imagine how much it kills her to see Katra and now no doubt her new Great-Grand child coming to visit every so often. And not want to be part of their lives more frequently. And especially without a shadow of a doubt she would want to be there for Ash too. Hell if she could she would probably live in his dinky little place in New Orleans. Although that would be too hilarious I think. Having 2 really tall Gods bumping their heads in a small apartment and Ash trying to calm his mom down every time so she doesn't destroy the building, lol.

I also would like to see something other than misunderstanding between her and Savitar. But Ash mentioned in another book that Jaden has a similar sense of humor like her too. So maybe that be another possible interesting match. And he is the Demon broker already. And we know Apollymi loves her some demons even if they are the Charonte variety. So never know.

message 3: by valee (new)

valee I really would Love a book like this, but not news about it right?

message 4: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Not from what I have heard. So we'll have to wait and see I guess. I'm still kind of bummed that Sundown's book is coming out in August of next year :(

message 5: by Katie (new)

Katie (skateanddonate) | 31 comments I'd love to see a book on Apollymi

message 6: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 84 comments Me too

message 7: by valee (new)

valee It would be such an amazing book! But she definitely needs a very strong and powerful hero.

message 8: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Lady Vale wrote: "It would be such an amazing book! But she definitely needs a very strong and powerful hero."

Insert Savitar or Jared. Heck could surprise us all and end up being one of her many Charonte. Never know.

message 9: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 248 comments I like Apollymi and yes I would really like to see her happily ever after...she made one hell of a sacrifice when she sent Ash out in to the mortal world..it broke my heart when she put him in another woman's arms and said goodbye.

message 10: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Cindyg wrote: "I like Apollymi and yes I would really like to see her happily ever after...she made one hell of a sacrifice when she sent Ash out in to the mortal world..it broke my heart when she put him in anot..."

Yea, I definitely had my mini sob fest at that moment. I mean the fact that she couldn't even experience a natural birth. But had to give herself a c-section all in the name of saving him. If that isn't love I don't know what is.

message 11: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 248 comments Agreed!

message 12: by valee (new)

valee Isn't Jared Gay? They were discussing that in the Jaden & Jared thread. So Savitar it is,lol.

message 13: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Lady Vale wrote: "Isn't Jared Gay? They were discussing that in the Jaden & Jared thread. So Savitar it is,lol."

As far as I know Jared isn't officially gay. I was just discussing with Teryl that when Jaden and Jared had that moment of seeing each other again in Dream Warrior after being a part do to their separate slavery issues and no doubt history. We were talking about there being a bit of a lovers vibe between them. And I was saying how interesting it would be for some major characters to have a homosexual love story to change things up a bit. But I don't think SK will go in that direction so as to not alienate any of her readers that wouldn't like that sort of thing.

message 14: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 248 comments I thought they were related...didn't one make a sacrifice for the other, take some kind of punishment?

message 15: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Cindyg wrote: "I thought they were related...didn't one make a sacrifice for the other, take some kind of punishment?"
Their relationship isn't really explained so clearly in Dream Warrior. Other than Jaden having said that he wanted Jared free cause it was his fault about what happened to him. Beyond that, there isn't much really revealed about it how it was Jaden's fault. What really went down that led to Jared being in Zephyra's control. None of that. Just when Jared, Jericho and somebody else went to get the Skoti out of Noir's prison, there was just this moment of connection between Jaden and Jared. As Jared was pretty passionate about getting Jaden free and didn't want to leave him behind. So to me it seemed that there was more than a brotherhood kind of moment between them. Other's might read it differently. But I just had a feeling there was something much more going on.

message 16: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Oh and I don't think Jaden sacrifice anything for Jared. Cause from what I got Jared was the one to betray his brethen and is what led to the Primal Source punishing him. That is why when Zephyra gave him over to Jericho. He more or less was like regardless if he wore her collar or someone else's he would never officially escape the Primal Source's punishment for what he did. Still at a loss as where Jaden fits into any of that or be at fault. But guess we'll figure it out whenever SK picks it up again.

message 17: by Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥ (last edited Aug 16, 2012 12:58PM) (new)

Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥  (mylheage) | 355 comments This was just posted on FB. An interview with Appolymi.

1. If you could go to the earth for a whole day without the risk of destroying the world what place would you visit and why?

My first stop would be to see my son and grandson, then my granddaughter and great-granddaughter. Then I have old scores to settle. But that wouldn’t take long and then I’d never have to go back into my cage again. However, it would suck to be anyone other than the above mentioned and those they love. Artemis excluded.

2. Why did you choose Savitar to coach Acheron and not another Chthonian if you do not like him?

He’s the only one I almost trust, and the one I know how to find to hurt the most. He knows better than anyone that I should never be crossed, and that his life and limbs depend on the well being of my son.

3. Do you still need Marissa Hunter for your plans or you have given up the idea of carrying her to Kalosis?

My plan was to force my son to come to me. That hasn’t worked out. I curse the day he was born with a conscience, and his disgusting empathy toward humanity.

4. Do you have any resentment with Styxx for the way he treated Apostolos when he was human?

Does a bear defecate rurally? Of course I do. He’s at the top of my list of people to put down in the most vicious way imaginable.

5. If you could rewind time, would you erase the words you said to Apollo and Artemis for the death of your son?

Yes. I’ve learned to kill first and speak later.

6. Where or how did you meet Savitar, and how was your relationship with him before the event that made you hate each other?

No one ever said Savitar hates me. He’s not that stupid or suicidal. I can’t remember how we met. It wasn’t important to me, and I’ve always found him annoying.

7. How did you feel when you heard that Archon was the father of the Fates. Did you love him even after discovering that?

How do you I think I felt? Rank bastard dog who should have been gelded. I wanted his heart in my fist and but for Savitar’s stupidity, I’d have had it. Of course I loved him. I couldn’t hate him as much as I do unless I loved him.

8. Do you still have some kind of feeling, apart from hate, for your husband Archon?

None whatsoever. I only wish I could return to Katateros so that I could splinter his statued remains.

9. How do you feel about having a new member in your family? (and yes, we are talking about your grandson Sebastos).

I adore him. Most of all, I adore the fact that Soteria brings him to me so that I can spoil him relentlessly.

10. Would you like, maybe in the future, to have a better relationship with Stryker?

Every day brings us closer. I do love him like a son, but no one comes close to the love I have for my Apostolos.

message 18: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Love this interview. Pure Apollymi. :D

message 19: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new)

Shari-amor | 5275 comments I. Love. That. Woman....never mind the fact that she hates the entire human race.

message 20: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 119 comments Can I start something new about her?
Question for everyone ... I'm curious, if you could write Apollymi's story, how would you break her out of her "prison" (if you would break her out..)? :o)

message 21: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Sure thing, Nicole.

I'll start off by saying that we'd have to get Savitar heaps loads of drunk. Then get him off his island a la some trumped up were-hunter problem. Then have him use his Chthonian powers to bring back Archon again and force him to let Apollymi free. :D

Naturally there be some holes in there but hey it's a general plan.

message 22: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 119 comments :) Nice plan - guess the hardest part of it would be getting Savitar off his island :))

message 23: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Or send something with the few peeps he allows to go there. Just not Ash or Simi though. Hmm.

message 24: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 119 comments maybe Sav gets drunk on soft-drinks like Ash, would make life so much easier :)))

message 25: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments HAHAH yes, on Coca-Cola.

message 26: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 119 comments *laugh* I'd shout the Coca-Cola, boxes if needed. I can be selfless if needed ... ;)

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

I would literally pay to see that.

message 28: by Katelyn (new)

Katelyn (katelynpreece) | 532 comments Apollymi creeps me out. Ending the world doesn't appeal to me...but I hope she gets her HEA. Just not the end of the world HEA.

message 29: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Another character that is who she is. I actually kind of like her more for that really. As she commits to her nature. I'm so over most characters at times that are supposed to be this big scary baddie in the story and end up being more annoying than anything else.

message 30: by Marie (new)

Marie | 1447 comments As much as I would like for her to get over her anger and find happiness, so she can be freed safely, there is no denying that having a psycho mother to unleash at the moment of his death is a great deterrent against Ash's enemies.

message 31: by Krista (new)

Krista Pope (kisadhfan) | 25 comments Theory about her mirror.....we all know her mirror is the black reflective pool that allows her to see into the worlds and see Acheron, etc......but I have this feeling that it is actually a cage for Braith. Braith's character profile says that her hair turns white in her destroyer mode and Apollymi is a destroyer. with white blond hair. Braith's tagline on her profile is also the same exact tag line as the character page for Apollymi's mirror. So I'm thinking one of two things: 1. it has her trapped between worlds, in a void of sorts where she can see everything but cant access anything, hence the ability to see Ash. And when Polli looks into her mirror she sees her other self and it is a reminder of why she is there. 2. Shes trapped in a world like cadegan was through mirrors. The pool is her major focal point....lets them see the same things etc but its a world no one we have met is in yet and she cant escape. I think they seperated them for whatever reason, kind of like how Bet and bethany were seperated.
As for Apollymi and who Acherons father was....i'm still coming up with an idea. Its not archon. Hes too strong for that in my opinion. Plus I read somewhere that archon was made to keep her from conceiving again or something. I think Ash was a conception like we have seen many times with the gods. There is a theorectical father but it didnt take actual intercourse to happen. Therefore she was always faithful. The sun signal and lightening both came from Apollymi/Braith. there is only one other I could find that has lightening in relation to him and it seems highly unlikely.

message 32: by Marie (last edited Apr 01, 2017 06:59AM) (new)

Marie | 1447 comments Apollymi is Braith. The author admitted that, so it makes sense for certain things on their profiles to match. But I do think there is more to her changing her name than, say, the reasons her siblings did. I remember Carl or SK answering a fan question about it by saying something like "There is a very good reason for Braith to do that, but that would be a spoiler. Also, most gods are known under different names in different pantheons" and then going on to say that it's a way to show how some things cross cultures. So maybe her "Braith-self" is repressed or something.

Maybe her mirror acts a bit like the Necrovitacon with Nashira. When Nick freed her, he considered the book itself to be a portal to a prison realm similar to the one Xev and the others were locked in. And Nashira could apparently see out of it since she peeked at Nick in the bathroom. Maybe there is a mirror or a really freaky puddle somewhere in the human realm that is the physical representation of a way in and out of Kalosis, since that's Apollimy's prison.

message 33: by Krista (new)

Krista Pope (kisadhfan) | 25 comments I know apollymi and Braith are the same and all that. I was making the observation that her mirror and it's subsequent character page (the mirror not apollymi) was an odd place to put the link. Why I think part of her, the non destroyer part of braith is in the mirror

message 34: by Marie (last edited Apr 02, 2017 08:22AM) (new)

Marie | 1447 comments Aaah okay sorry. I thought you were saying Braith and Apollymi were the same person based on that tagline on the mirror page, so I wasn't sure you already knew.

I think you're right that Apollymi is basically Braith's Destroyer persona in the flesh. On Braith's page it says about her hair: "Black until she goes into her Destroyer incarnation." I think they are being very literal with that line, as in "her hair was black until Apollymi, her Destroyer persona, took over her body". That might be why she changed her name to Apollymi. She is a completely different person and Braith is essentially her better nature. I personally don't think the mirror is the prison, I think the prison is Apollymi herself and that the reason for the Braith/Mirror tagline is that everytime she looks at herself in that mirror, she sees Braith's prison.

message 35: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Marie wrote: "Aaah okay sorry. I thought you were saying Braith and Apollymi were the same person based on that tagline on the mirror page, so I wasn't sure you already knew.

I think you're right that Apollymi..."

Although it's funny to think a sister of Noir and Aura having a better nature, lol. Or for that matter Apollymi to even have one either. Although we know she has her soft moments, but still.

message 36: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Krista wrote: "Theory about her mirror.....we all know her mirror is the black reflective pool that allows her to see into the worlds and see Acheron, etc......but I have this feeling that it is actually a cage f..."

Good connection of things there. I still think that there is a tie-in/bond between Ol' Polly girl and the Charontes that we don't know about. A very untold story there. As they aside from Simi's siblings are hella loyal to her. And for someone to have been trapped for so long. There is something more to tell there...

message 37: by Bren (new)

Bren (brencl94) | 418 comments So... I was going through the new site and I stumbled over Kissare's profile, and read the description and it says that he promised Braith he would come back to her and that no one would ever harm their child again. Do you guys think he's back and if so, who is he? Or maybe he hasn't been born yet?

message 38: by Charlotte, Cheesy Cakes (new)

Charlotte (charkro) | 1798 comments I noticed that, too, Bren.

Something tells me that he is back ... somewhere, but hasn't revealed himself yet. Heck, he might not know who he was, previously. There are a number of possibilities, but I'd have to stew on it some more before I could hazard a few wild guesses.

message 39: by Bren (new)

Bren (brencl94) | 418 comments Charlotte wrote: "I noticed that, too, Bren.

Something tells me that he is back ... somewhere, but hasn't revealed himself yet. Heck, he might not know who he was, previously. There are a number of possibilities, ..."

Yeah, I think he's already back too. I just can't think of anyone that could be him.

message 40: by Marie (new)

Marie | 1447 comments I had a brief thought that it might be Jared becauxe they both wielded the same sword, butthatfelt wrong. What about an Arel? I have no one specific inmimd but... it feels right.

message 41: by Bren (new)

Bren (brencl94) | 418 comments IDK about an Arel, but if I remember correctly I think it was Carl that mentioned once that Kissare and Jared were enemies ( I really need a timeline for the whole Primus Bellum, it get confusing trying to figure out what happen), so it couldn't be him as he was already alive when the whole thing happened.

To be honest at first I kinda thought it was Savitar, but that doesn't feel right. Idk I guess we'll see.

message 42: by Marie (new)

Marie | 1447 comments That would mean Xev is way older than I thought cuz he knew Monakribos, but I didn't think he was old enough to know Kissare. Especially since I always put his thing with Myone to be at the tail end of the war, not early enough for Kissare to still be alive and become enemies with Jared...We really need that timeline.

message 43: by Bren (new)

Bren (brencl94) | 418 comments Yeah, a timeline would be really helpful. I think that Xev and Myone happened a long time before the Primus Bellum, I mean Jared was already the commander of the Sephirii when the war broke out.

And on the Monakribos note, I thought it was weird that we got a profile for his father, who is mentioned once or twice and not for him and Rubati, who I think play a bigger role on the series.

message 44: by Marie (new)

Marie | 1447 comments Well if Kissare is supposed to be reborn at some point...

Plus, I think a lot about Rubati and Monakribos is supposed to be cleared up in Intensity.

message 45: by Bren (new)

Bren (brencl94) | 418 comments I think the reason Kissare's profile was added was because he's gonna show up soon.

And I hope we do get more info on Monakribos and Rubati, specially Ru, I'm really curious about her.

message 46: by Marie (last edited Jul 02, 2017 10:51AM) (new)

Marie | 1447 comments Holy shit, what if THAT is who Father Jeffrey really is? I mean, he HAS been looking over Nick his whole life and there were hints that Nick might somehow be some form of Monakribos (plus, Adarian called him Son of the Destroyer that one time). So that would work with the whole "no one will harm their child again"-thing.

As far as the world is concerned, Braith has disappeared so, whoever Kissare might be in present day, that would explain why they haven't been reunited yet.

message 47: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new)

Shari-amor | 5275 comments Wow. I never even thought along those lines. I mean I figured he had to be important because he's mentioned in the DH series and has an appearance in Deadmen Walking. We know he's a supernatural being now. The Sephiroth are naturally empathic and want to help. Him being a priest fits that.

message 48: by Bren (new)

Bren (brencl94) | 418 comments You know what? That makes a lot of sense.

I guess we'll get an answer sooner rather than later, otherwise they wouldn't have added Kissare's profile now.

message 49: by Krista (new)

Krista Pope (kisadhfan) | 25 comments I tried to be discreet and ask Carl abound Jared and kissare's swords both being takara. Jared commented that takara went over 2000 years without a shiori. the morning I think on it the more it makes sense logically since we found out that Jared is Nick's grandfather of sorts. but, like everyone said, I need a timeline. lol. also, Jared's dob says which one. ... curiosity is killing me. btw, Carl's response? Sherilyn knows her universe and all is made known... in the books -_-

message 50: by Marie (new)

Marie | 1447 comments I don't get it. What did you ask Carl exactly?

« previous 1 3