Harry Potter discussion

Movies > Did You Cry When Hedwig Died?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 65 (65 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 22, 2010 05:06PM) (new)

I did.
The harry potter movies have been in my life for 10 years and so hedwig and dobby have been to then they died and i feel very sad.
I can't even go see the movie again because of the heartache.
Ten years of my life and now there gone.
I really cried when they died.
So after i saw the movie i realied i have to let harry potter go.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I was sad that in the movie they didn't make as big of deal as it. Dobby death however, I was in tears the WHOLE scene. At school today my writing teacher and I discussed it and she said she cried, too. Then I discussed it with one of my teachers from last year, and he too felt the same.

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 22, 2010 05:06PM) (new)

Yeah
The last line was very sad.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Heartache? Sorry, I'm confused!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I edited it.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, okay. Thanks David! So are you a Twilight fan? I see you're picture is of Twi people.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Not really, I was more just sad for Harry.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah,i change my picture often,but i've been with harry potter all my life.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Shae (Ron Fanatic!!!!!) wrote: "Not really, I was more just sad for Harry."

I think that is another reason I was sad.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

David wrote: "Yeah,i change my picture often,but i've been with harry potter all my life."

Oh, cool. Didn't you use to have the one where it was Hogwarts burning down? I liked that one. I tried to blow it up and print it poster-size, but it didn't work. :(

message 11: by Annie (new)

Annie (annieiscool13) Not when Hedwig died but definetly when Dobby died!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah i did.

It would be cool if it did work.

message 13: by Blair (new)

Blair Zadallia | 16 comments Oh course... I also cried when
. Dobby
. Sirius
. Dumbledore
. and Mad-eye Moody
died!!!!!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Fred for sure, though.

message 15: by Taneka (new)

Taneka (ninatravis) I haven't watched the movie yet, but I did cry when he died in the book. I cried even more when his deceased loved ones showed up to walk him into the forest.

message 16: by Sophia (new)

Sophia (sophiadorasmith) I cried most when Hedwig and Dobby died. Especially Dobby, though.

message 17: by Blair (new)

Blair Zadallia | 16 comments Yeah I have to agree with Shae(Ron Fanatic!!!!!)..

When Fred also died... well I cried!

message 18: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 170 comments I don't think I had time to cry for Hedwig either book or movie.
I cried for Dobby every time I read the book and every time I saw the movie (a grand total of twice)

message 19: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments i didn't for fred or hedwig or dobby. but i did with remus.

and when i was watching the movie everytime i saw lupin my eyes would water up.

message 20: by Taneka (new)

Taneka (ninatravis) I did not cry when Hedwig died, but I did cry when dobby died. I was too proud of Dobby when he made his speech to Belatrix. Classic!

message 21: by Brianne (last edited Nov 26, 2010 10:35PM) (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments i loved dobby's chandelier scene. "dobby did not mean to kill, dobby only meant to maim or seriously injur"

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

That cracked me up!!!!

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 105 comments I cried when Dobby died but Hedwig.. no. It was too sudden. With Dobby, we knew it was coming and man, when Bellatrix threw that knife... *shakes head*.

I don't think I can watch Fred die. Even after Deathly Hallows, it never really fully hit me that Fred's dead.

message 24: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments plus, i was too caught up in my THAT WASN'T IN THE BOOK! moment.

message 25: by Eden (new)

Eden (tsalagi_writer) I was pretty close to crying when Hedwig died. And I did cry when Dobby died. It was so sad.

message 26: by Mette (new)

Mette  (mettalie) | 3 comments I cried when Hedwig died. I'm glad I knew they changed the way she died before I saw the movie, though! If I hadn't, I'd probably be way to busy getting angry.

And when Dobby died... well, I've hardly ever cried that much.

message 27: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments yeah. dobby's death really hit me.

message 28: by Faith (new)

Faith | 21 comments hedwig i cried some... but the way dobby died... that was sad

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes! I was sooooo sad when Hedwig died!!

message 30: by Brenda (new)

Brenda S (menakaren) I was sad when Hedwig died, but I didn't cry...I did cry when Dobby died though

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

I did cry the first time, but not the second time.

message 32: by Sayshisweetie (new)

Sayshisweetie | 123 comments I didn't cry, but I was sad. I cried at Lupin and Tonks' deaths. :(

message 33: by ♥ Regan ♥ (new)

♥ Regan ♥ (rubber_duck) *Ella* wrote: "I was sad that in the movie they didn't make as big of deal as it. Dobby death however, I was in tears the WHOLE scene. At school today my writing teacher and I discussed it and she said she cried,..."

Yes. Hedwig's death wasn't very dramatic in the movies, and Harry didn't seem very distraught.

message 34: by Joe (last edited Jul 18, 2011 03:37PM) (new)

Joe | 57 comments I didn't cry to be honest at anyones deaths. The saddest ( from only DH Pt1 ) was probably Hedwig's. Dobby, not that much, he was always a little peeve in the second movie, but in the books he becomes much better. Still, I wasn't that sad over Dobby's, it was just sad how sudden Hedwig's death was. She attacked the deatheater, and then flew to SAVE HARRY!! IF Hedwig had just let Harry get hit by the spell, she could've got Hermione and Ron to hunt the horcruxes, when they're destroyed, Peck out Voldemorts eyes!

Ok, I know, too much trouble to go through, and it IS called Harry Potter, but in the last book he really bugged me at how he got so easily angry at everyone.

message 35: by Valeria (new)

Valeria (missbooklover4ever) | 3 comments In the book yeah, but i dont think so in the movie. They didnt really make a big deal about hedwig death:(
I know for dobby i cried my eyes out both the book and movie!

Stephanie | PaperbackswithSteph  (paperbackswithsteph) | 4 comments I didn't cry for Hedwig but for Dobby I definitely did (both in the book and movie). I loved Dobby all through the series, it was hard to see him go.

message 37: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) no. it was sad though..
I feel awful when Dobby died.
Teary eyed when I saw Snape's memory after he died.

message 38: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 6 comments I cried! I can't believe that Hedwig just died like that... T.T

Also, I agree that Harry wasn't that bothered. Maybe it was just the face that he was getting chased by Death Eaters and Voldemort.

message 39: by Julia (new)

Julia | 275 comments no, although it was sad.

message 40: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 219 comments When Hedwig died I chucked the book across the room... then again with Moody.

message 41: by Ian (new)

Ian (magicboyd5) | 8 comments I was sad with both of thhem!!!!! Moody was funny in his own way!

message 42: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 219 comments Haha yeah

message 43: by Ian (new)

Ian (magicboyd5) | 8 comments especially when he callmed the great hall sealing and said stupid sealing! HAHAHAHAHA

message 44: by Jessi (new)

Jessi | 24 comments Totally did was very upsetting

message 45: by Julia (new)

Julia | 275 comments Palice wrote: "I was shocked. I literally went GASP!"

me too! Plus it was even more sad because of their son, Teddy that he will never know them. When I saw them lying there in The Great Hall, I was so shocked. It was just so sad.

message 46: by Candycloud (new)

Candycloud | 143 comments I didn't cry when Hedwig died because I didn't realise she'd gone. When I realised, however I cried a tiny bit.

Suzanne Richardson Candycloud wrote: "I didn't cry when Hedwig died because I didn't realise she'd gone."

Likewise. It all happened really fast and it was in a scene where there was already a lot going on.

message 48: by [Coco] (new)

[Coco] (mattyhealy) Not when Hedwig died. But when Dobby died, a little bit. Hedwig's death was so fast, there wasn't much time to feel bad for her.

message 49: by Candycloud (new)

Candycloud | 143 comments Suzanne wrote: "Candycloud wrote: "I didn't cry when Hedwig died because I didn't realise she'd gone."

Likewise. It all happened really fast and it was in a scene where there was already a lot going on."

Yeah - it was sort of hurried. And couldn't she have just flown out?

message 50: by Chick (new)

Chick | 163 comments Yes...:*(

« previous 1