Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brittomart (last edited Nov 22, 2010 01:19PM) (new)

Brittomart Do you participate in comfort eating? I've felt particularly shitty today, so I ate a doughnut, and now I feel so much better....temporarily.

message 2: by Spellbound (new)

Spellbound (spellboundreads) | 117 comments When I feel shitty I want to hit something.

message 3: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments ::quickly moves a couple chairs down from Spellbound::

message 4: by Spellbound (new)

Spellbound (spellboundreads) | 117 comments hahahahah
Hey! I said someTHING. ;-)

I think I'll through a cake at you! Yesterday I baked one that could be used to re-build the Berlin wall. :-/

message 5: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments ::quickly puts on kevlar gear, and hockey mask::

message 6: by Spellbound (new)

Spellbound (spellboundreads) | 117 comments Sigh. Different place, same story.
Nobody loves me, everybody hates me, I'm gonna go eat worms... always better than my cake. Sigh.

::prepares the grocery list to bake Jim a Christmas cake::

message 7: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments I didn't say I didn't like you, just trying to avoid pain :-)

message 8: by Spellbound (new)

Spellbound (spellboundreads) | 117 comments Ok, ok, I won't bake you anything. No cake, no pain. :-)

message 9: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Quesadillas. Or, in what would probably be an insult to real quesadillas, cheese on a tortilla microwaved for thirty seconds.

I try not to stress eat, though.

message 10: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (bonfiggi) RA you microwave a quesadilla ? Mine are browned in a frying pan, with tomatoes and chilis. Worth the extra time I think.
My comfort food is my biscuits or pancakes.

message 11: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Pasta.

message 12: by Kailey (new)

Kailey (lukutuokka) when I feel stressed I eat crunchy junk food, but when I feel sad I do not eat at all or I eat warm cheesy potatoes.

message 13: by Jammies (new)

Jammies Comfort food is almost always starch and salt for me.

RA, might I suggest broiling the tortilla and cheese? Much better than nuking it.

message 14: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments pasta of any kind. pizza too.

message 15: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24360 comments Mod
If I'm stressed to the point of being nervous, I won't eat anything. I'm too nervous!

I don't think of comfort food as something I eat when stressed. I just think of it as something I eat when I want an enjoyable meal or snack. It might be spanish rice, mint chocolate chip ice cream, potato chips, tortilla chips with spinach dip. Most likely it will have significant amounts of fat.

message 16: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 136 comments My comfort foods are along the lines of macaroni and cheese and lasagna. And meatloaf with mashed potatoes. Just good homemade food that fills you up and makes you feel happy.

message 17: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments green tea ice cream

message 18: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart Heidi, if green tea ice cream tastes anything like green tea frozen yogurt, then yuck.

message 19: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Britt-Britt wrote: "Heidi, if green tea ice cream tastes anything like green tea frozen yogurt, then yuck."

I've never had green tea frozen yogurt. If it tastes bad, though, then it's probably not the same. Green tea ice cream is subtly sweet. I keep a pint of So Delicious Green Tea ice cream around for sweet cravings. They usually last me a couple of weeks. :) I like the coconut milk one. I haven't tried the soy one... and don't plan to try it.

message 20: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments comfort food = mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, egg noodles and butter. Basically my childhood favorites

message 21: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments chicken noodle soup.

message 22: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Fettucini Alfredo.

message 23: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) You mean it was like you were in heaven.

message 24: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) As if.

message 25: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments squash and sage stuffed ravioli with my semi-homemade squash sauce.

message 26: by Kailey (new)

Kailey (lukutuokka) Michele wrote: "squash and sage stuffed ravioli with my semi-homemade squash sauce."

that sounds like very healthy comfort food. I have been studying for finals in constant rainy weather. So my eating habits have descended to greasy peperoni pizza and pulled pork sandwiches from the crock pot.

message 27: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments Michele's semi-homemade squash sauce: 1 pkg frozen squash. microwave as directed or just let thaw. pour into pan w/ 1/2 to 1 cup apple cider. It's up to you how thick you want the sauce. I added 1 sliced shallot, a sprinkle of ginger, 1 minced garlic clove and a dash of cinnamon. heat thoroughly. also good as soup.

message 28: by JennyGrace (new)

JennyGrace  M. best comfort food ever:

CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

ingredients:
4tbsp flour
4tbsp sugar
2tbsp cocoa powder
1 egg
3tbsp milk
3tbsp veggie oil
3tbsp chocochoco chips
splish-splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug

directions:
1. combine dry ingredients in mug mix well
2. add egg mix well
3. add milk and veg oil mix well (again)
4. add chochips and vanilla and (guess what?)... mix well.
5. put in microwave for three min.
(yes the cake is supposed to rise over the edge of the mug)
6. let cool until your patience runs out and you can't wait to eat it anymore
7. TOTALLY FREAKING STUFF YOUR FACE WITH THIS DELICIOUSNESS!!!!!!!

message 29: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Huh. Does that cook the egg properly?

message 30: by JennyGrace (new)

JennyGrace  M. bacteria cannot survive in an environment that is over approx. 120 degrees Fahrenheit, so when the temperature reaches that point the bacteria can no longer survive and therefore perish, making the egg safe to eat. trust me, I have a mother who is a microbiologist and she explained the same exact thing to me

message 31: by JennyGrace (new)

JennyGrace  M. bacteria cannot survive in an environment that is over approx. 120 degrees Fahrenheit, so when the temperature reaches that point the bacteria can no longer survive and therefore perish, making the egg safe to eat. trust me, I have a mother who is a microbiologist and she explained the same exact thing to me

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.