Terminalcoffee discussion

Pop Culture / Celebrities > Ace of Cakes fans get your tissues ready

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments C'est vrai. Seems like an odd choice to me. They want to put Duff into other shows.
I'm sure the shop will do just fine without the show. You'll just have to come to Baltimore to see the rest of them.

message 2: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I never cared for that show. Plastic cakes just don't do it for me.

message 3: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) my daughter and I staked out Charm City Cakes when we did our east coast trip a couple of years back. It is very secure. I thought we would be able to just walk in and buy a tshirt or a cupcake or something, but NO! It is totally locked down. I saw Duff in an interview yesterday and someone said a new show is being created for him.

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments They're VERY pretty and creative cakes, but don't taste so great, between the fondant and the fact that they are constructed over several days, so the cake dries out.

message 5: by Suefly (new)

Suefly | 620 comments The cakes are edible art, but I agree, I would have a hard time digging in. I like the cast on the show, though. They seem less stuffy when compared to some of the rival shows about making grand cakes.

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments They're just a bunch of Baltimore-breed hipsters and stoners and artists. Our art scene has stayed remarkably unpretentious, except for the asymmetric hair and tight jeans.

message 7: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I like Ace of Cakes, but I think it's time to let the show die, true. Maybe they could just do specials every now and then.

message 8: by Mrs. (new)

Mrs. B (MrsB73) | 6 comments Not a Duff fan. His cakes are made with too much fake material. I would never eat anything from his Shop! The Cake Boss... his cakes look way more tasty!

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Mrs. wrote: "Not a Duff fan. His cakes are made with too much fake material. I would never eat anything from his Shop! The Cake Boss... his cakes look way more tasty!"
But sloppier.

message 10: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Bye Duffy!

[image error]