SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Para-Themed TV Shows & Movies > TV: "Grave Sight"

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph, Serious series addict (last edited Nov 22, 2010 12:09AM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29172 comments Hmmm, just heard there's talk about CBS creating a TV show called "Grave Sight" based on Charlaine Harris' Harper Connelly series.

Grave Sight (Harper Connelly, #1) by Charlaine Harris Grave Surprise (Harper Connelly, #2) by Charlaine Harris An Ice Cold Grave (Harper Connelly, #3) by Charlaine Harris Grave Secret (Harper Connelly, #4) by Charlaine Harris

I've only read #1, but didn't like it much. I got the vibe that Harper and her bro were gettin' a bit too close. Okaaaay, not my cuppa. LOL!

Anyway, here are a couple of links to news about the potential show:
IMDB
MTV
Daemon's Books Blog

message 2: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 1854 comments I've heard about this. I haven't read the books yet but I thought they weren't blood related, they're step siblings, that's ok right?

message 3: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacybinnj) | 55 comments Amy or "Ames" wrote: "I've heard about this. I haven't read the books yet but I thought they weren't blood related, they're step siblings, that's ok right?"

That's right, they aren't blood related. Thank goodness because there is a certain amount of "tension" between them. I've read An Ice Cold Grave and have the first two books on my TBR pile. Not as good as the Sookie books though.

message 4: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29172 comments Amy or "Ames" wrote: "I've heard about this. I haven't read the books yet but I thought they weren't blood related, they're step siblings, that's ok right?"

Oh, I had forgotten that. Yeah, that's ok. I just remember feeling like down the line they were gonna hook up. LOL!

message 5: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacybinnj) | 55 comments I know but it still gives me the creeps. They may not be blood related but they CALL each other brother and sister and people know them that way. A little warped.

message 6: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 2490 comments Yeah that had icked me out a little. There's a Brenda Joyce book with a similar theme that icked me. They weren't blood related but steps raised together. And the heroine kept referring to him as her brother even though she was A: in love with him and B: havign sex with him.

message 7: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29172 comments See, I think that's what gives me the heebie jeebies. Don't refer to him/her as sibling if you're gettin' your sex on. Choose ... Sibling or lover, not both. LOL!

message 8: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) | 2883 comments I read all 4, I liked the first 3, but by the 4th I was seriously bored. The 4th book had so many same themes (even how Harper solved the mystery was the same as in an earlier book) as earlier books. They are dark, depressing books without alot of hope. So I think they definitely need the right kinda mood. LOL.

The brother sister thing didn't bother me at all given the circumstances and that they were adults when they finally hooked up. However, I can't imagine how they explain it to their younger siblings -- the younger sisters have the mom from Harper and the dad from the "brother". So I am guessing it would ick out the younger siblings.

Charlaine Harris must be so wealthy by now! But I can see why this series would take off -- it is very dark and with the CSI producer invovled, I can see it evolving past Harris's limitations. She writes some basic interesting books, but she is no pulitizer prize winning author.

message 9: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29172 comments I'll definitely give the show a go, if it airs. I can't help myself. LOL!

message 10: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) | 2883 comments Me neither!

message 11: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29172 comments Good. We can chat about it if it hits the airwaves.

message 12: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 2490 comments Even though that was my least favorite of her series-I'll still give it at least a couple of episodes. I mean True Blood is so much different than the Sookie books that who knows what they'll do with the Harper Connelly books.

message 13: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29172 comments Mary wrote: "I mean True Blood is so much different than the Sookie books that who knows what they'll do with the Harper Connelly books..."

That's true.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 1193 comments Mary wrote: "Even though that was my least favorite of her series-I'll still give it at least a couple of episodes. I mean True Blood is so much different than the Sookie books that who knows what they'll do w..."

Very true

message 15: by Hmr28 (new)

Hmr28 | 5 comments I actually loved this series, far more so than her Sookie series. Her Shakespeare series is excellent as well but no paranormal elements.

message 16: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29172 comments Welcome to the group, Hmr28! I haven't read any of her Shakespeare series. Probably won't, but I may eventually give HC another go.

message 17: by Hmr28 (new)

Hmr28 | 5 comments Thanks for the welcome Steph. After I read about this here I went on an internet search for the info on the tv series. The last mention of it was back in October, so hopefully it is still in the pipeline and not kaput already!

message 18: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29172 comments :)

Might be. I haven't seen/heard much of anything about it in a while either.