YA Paranormal and Fantasy Book lovers discussion

The Infernal Devices > Will or Jem?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 166 (166 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Nov 21, 2010 11:32PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I can't seem to figure out which one I'm going to favor in the end.

Will is appealing because he's like an evil version of Jace.

Jem is just amazing in general. He has a deep soul that draws me. Part of me really wants him to pull ahead in the fight for Tessa.

I have the feeling that I'm going to end up flip-flopping between the two as the books go on.

message 2: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) I'm the same, I can't really choose between them. At the moment I'm leaning more towards Jem though.

message 3: by Dora610 (new)

Dora610 | 847 comments the both are great,but i think i'm team will,though this is maybe the most difficult choice ever

message 4: by Bianca (new)

Bianca | 233 comments I agree it's a hard decision. Although I'm kind of leaning towards Will. Although as you guys said I'll probably jump ship throughout the books. Still I like Will even though he can be a jerk, he does remind me of Jace. Only he is a lot meaner and doesnt show the real him very often. At least with Jace Clary can break through the walls and see the better side of him but Will seems to be pretty rock solid for the time being.. I still *think* Im a Will fan :)

message 5: by Dora610 (new)

Dora610 | 847 comments yeah me too,but i think there'll be more of jem in the next book,so i maybe change my opinion

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) With Tessa being immortal, it's almost sad that whoever she picks will only get to live a short life with her.

message 7: by Dora610 (new)

Dora610 | 847 comments yeah,that's true.but maybe jem somehow ends up being immortal,maybe uz of that demon drug he's taking or something

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Wouldn't it be weird if Jem was hanging out in Mortal Instruments all along, just under a different name and we never knew it?

message 9: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Stacia wrote: "Wouldn't it be weird if Jem was hanging out in Mortal Instruments all along, just under a different name and we never knew it?"

That would be weird.

message 10: by Dora610 (new)

Dora610 | 847 comments too weird,so maybe he's not immortal

message 11: by Bianca (new)

Bianca | 233 comments We know that Camille comes into City of Fallen Angels. I wonder if we will see anyone else from the Clockwork Angel?

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Tessa is in the end of City of Glass talking to Magnus, so I'm guessing she might pop into City of Fallen Angels.

message 13: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) I'm suspecting there is some kind of plot twist as to how shes in City of Glass..

message 14: by Dora610 (new)

Dora610 | 847 comments i know we'll see Camille in CoFA

message 15: by Miranda (new)

Miranda | 490 comments Stacia wrote: "Tessa is in the end of City of Glass talking to Magnus, so I'm guessing she might pop into City of Fallen Angels."

seriously?

message 16: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Yeah, she's that girl that Clary sees magnus talking to with the brown hair

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I am going to have to do a full MI and CA read before CoFA comes out, just to catch everything that I might have missed the first time around.

Now that Cassandra Clare is specifically tying two series together, I think that it's going to be exciting to read CoFA and try to find all of the hidden gems. Jems???

message 18: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Artemis | 4504 comments Mod
so far...( im not all that far into the book) WILLL!!!!!!!

message 19: by Bianca (new)

Bianca | 233 comments Britnee~ wrote: "Yeah, she's that girl that Clary sees magnus talking to with the brown hair"

I know I hadnt even realised until you pointed that out.. I get side tracked with Clary and Jace :)

message 20: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Bianca wrote: "Britnee~ wrote: "Yeah, she's that girl that Clary sees magnus talking to with the brown hair"

I know I hadnt even realised until you pointed that out.. I get side tracked with Clary and Jace :)"

Lol I didn't know either until I came across some interview with Cassandra Clare.

message 21: by Dora610 (new)

Dora610 | 847 comments me too,i didn't even pay atention to that girl in CoG

message 22: by Sam (new)

Sam (bookmarksandbourbon) | 128 comments WILL! ^.^ - his cockiness amused me! but I loved Jem as well (and he has my favorite Male name: James)

message 23: by Miranda (new)

Miranda | 490 comments wills a jerk

message 24: by Miranda (new)

Miranda | 490 comments :)

message 25: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Stacia wrote: "I am going to have to do a full MI and CA read before CoFA comes out, just to catch everything that I might have missed the first time around.

Now that Cassandra Clare is specifically tying two ..."

Im going to have to do the same i have a feeling that i have missed alot..... :(

message 26: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Nov 28, 2010 01:57AM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Miranda wrote: "wills a jerk"

You reminded me of a comment that Cassandra Clare posted not too long ago :

Because if he was just a sucky jerk all the time it wouldn't be a love triangle. It would be the story of Jem and Tessa and their annoying friend, Will, who would ultimately die in a tragic roof accident. Those bits and glimpses of the real Will - who loves to read, and hates to hurt people - are what keep him human in the reader's mind.

message 27: by Bianca (last edited Nov 28, 2010 02:04AM) (new)

Bianca | 233 comments Yeah thats what keeps me hooked on Will's team for now. Its like with Jace, he acted like a jerk all the time (Although Will does seem to take it up to a whole new level of jerkism) they are only human underneath. Its like a reflex to keep people away. I still love them both.. I hope Will opens up more in the next one.

message 28: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) I usually always like characters like Will and that's it but in this book I like both Will and Jem. I think Will's a bit more of a jerk than Jace though.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) It's weird because when I'm reading about Tessa and Will I'm liking Will. When I'm reading about Tessa and Jem, I'm liking Jem.

At first I thought that I would be 100% for Will, since he's got similarities to Jace, but Jem is sexy in his own right. He's self-sacrificing without being naive about his behavior. Everything Jem does seems to be for a specific reason. He's like a better version of Simon. I had a hard time with Simon because he never really "got" how to romance Clary, whereas Jem could pull out the moves if he wanted to and succeed at it. He just hesitates out of concern because of his illness.

message 30: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (fiktshun) Total Will fan. May seem like a jerk but I have a feeling he's a total sweetie.

message 31: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Stacia wrote: "It's weird because when I'm reading about Tessa and Will I'm liking Will. When I'm reading about Tessa and Jem, I'm liking Jem.

At first I thought that I would be 100% for Will, since he's got ..."

I agree with this.

message 32: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

i have to say its a hard decision Will is everything i like strong, cocky and gorgeous!! but Jem is soo sweet and kind but i feel like he lacks that edge but Will isnt quite as charming as Jace idk its a tough call they are both amazing!!

message 33: by Bianca (new)

Bianca | 233 comments Agreed :)

message 34: by Dora610 (new)

Dora610 | 847 comments on my list actually jace and will share the first spot

message 35: by Sam (new)

Sam (bookmarksandbourbon) | 128 comments you know its odd.... I hate Jace but I love Will

message 36: by Dora610 (new)

Dora610 | 847 comments you hate jace!?!i'm suprised,you're the first person tht does,but i guess we can't all loe eveyone.,thouh i have to say that jace and will are alike in many things,will is just sometimes a bigger jerk,but i don't mind lol

message 37: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

i think Jace and Will are very similar i love both!!

message 38: by Sam (new)

Sam (bookmarksandbourbon) | 128 comments Yes I am a rare bird... I'm more of an Alec and Magnus fangirl (especially when you put them together ;) )

message 39: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Nov 29, 2010 10:21PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I love that Magnus was in CA in his pre-glitter stage. He was all refined because of the time period, which was strange to see him like that, but amusing. One of my favorite parts of CA was when Magnus made the preference to "black hair and blue eyes" comment because it made me glimpse ahead and see Alec.

message 40: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Stacia wrote: "I love that Magnus was in CA in his pre-glitter stage. He was all refined because of the time period, which was strange to see him like that, but amusing. One of my favorite parts of CA was when ..."

lol loved that i love CA because of that you kind of get a better feel of the families and the traditions not to mention WILL *sigh* he is sooo dang awesome i swear if i could plop myself down in any book and take the place of the MC it would be MI or ID i mean Jace Will cant go wrong there

message 41: by Bianca (new)

Bianca | 233 comments Lol you would be happy for either. ALthough I lean more towards Jace.

Put it this way you could do a hell of a lot worse than one of them. :P

message 42: by Sam (new)

Sam (bookmarksandbourbon) | 128 comments doesn't will have blue eyes and black hair? ;) - *starts shipping characters in her mind*

message 43: by Dora610 (new)

Dora610 | 847 comments yup,he does

message 44: by Sam (new)

Sam (bookmarksandbourbon) | 128 comments teehee ... I have the wierd urge to ship Magnus and Will now :D

message 45: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

okay so i just finished and i am team WILL 155% i love him!!!!

message 46: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Samantha wrote: "doesn't will have blue eyes and black hair? ;) - *starts shipping characters in her mind*"

yes he does and that is what makes him soooooo damn fine!!!

message 47: by Sam (new)

Sam (bookmarksandbourbon) | 128 comments I LOVE black hair and blue eyes.. bluer the better ;D

message 48: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

same here!! i love dark hair and green or blue eyes!!!

message 49: by Sam (new)

Sam (bookmarksandbourbon) | 128 comments Green eyes are beautiful!

message 50: by Dora610 (new)

Dora610 | 847 comments i agree TOTALLY!!!

« previous 1 3 4