Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > Winter (Christmas) Book Recommendations

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lenore (new)

Lenore  (lenorenrr) | 528 comments Hi all!

I was thinking, what better way to get ready for the holidays that books set in/ around winter! Do you have any recommendations? PNR and UF (including young adult) suggestions preferred.

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Bair-Epps | 725 comments Wolfsbane and Mistletoe (Sookie Stackhouse, #8.2; Kitty Norville, #2.2) by Charlaine Harris my husband and I took turns reading some of these stories to each other. As usual some of the stories are bad, but others are hilarious!

message 3: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) at least one of the later Undead series - MaryJanice Davidson is a christmas one - Undead and Unreturnable (Undead, #4) by MaryJanice Davidson but that is about it for PNR ones that I know1

message 4: by Gyn (new)

Gyn  (gynh) | 32 comments There is an anthology called The Magical Christmas Cat that has several PNR novellas in it.

Harlequin Books (harlequinbooks) | 57 comments Well for a winter themed one you can try Alaskan Wolf (Silhouette Nocturne) by Linda O. Johnston , Touch of Temptation (Primal Instinct, #6) by Rhyannon Byrd or Poisoned Kisses (Harlequin Nocturne) by Stephanie Draven or Demon Hunts (Walker Papers, #5) by C.E. Murphy (just a few that you can find now on eHarlequin.com). Hope Tarr has a historical paranormal novella with Christmas as the setting in the anthology A Harlequin Christmas Carol Yesterday's Bride\Today's Longing\Tomorrow's Destiny by Betina Krahn . Plus, we had a couple of vampire Christmas books out last year that you might find in used book stores or online. We have them available in eBook format for example: Holiday With A Vampire Christmas Cravings\Fate Calls (Silhouette Nocturne) by Maureen Child , Holiday With a Vampire II by Lori Devoti , Holiday with a Vampire III Sundown\Nothing Says Christmas Like a Vampire\Unwrapped (Silhouette Nocturne (Numbered)) by Linda Winstead Jones .

Happy reading!

message 7: by Leanna (last edited Dec 06, 2010 10:08PM) (new)

Leanna Hieber (leannarenee) | 1 comments I'd love to humbly present A MIDWINTER FANTASY anthology for your perusal, an anthology which includes holiday-themed novellas from each of the three authors' fantasy romance worlds, such as "A Christmas Carroll", a continuing piece in my "Strangely Beautiful" series of Gothic Victorian Fantasy Romance set in 1888 London. Cheers and happy holidays! A Midwinter Fantasy A Midwinter Fantasy by Leanna Renee Hieber

message 8: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 2659 comments Mod
How about Blue Christmas (Leisure Romance) by Sandra Hill . You have Christmas, romance AND the King himself (well, his ghost, at any rate.) :o)

message 9: by Lenore (new)

Lenore  (lenorenrr) | 528 comments Thanks everyone. Two I found in case anyone was wondering are:

Wolfsbane and Mistletoe (Sookie Stackhouse, #8.2; Kitty Norville, #2.2) by Charlaine Harris
All I Want for Christmas Is a Vampire (Love At Stake, #5) by Kerrelyn Sparks

message 10: by BookLoverrr (new)

BookLoverrr | 17 comments Lenore wrote: "Hi all!

I was thinking, what better way to get ready for the holidays that books set in/ around winter! Do you have any recommendations? PNR and UF (including young adult) suggestions preferred."

Frost Moons and Golden Apples by Michelle Chambers starts off in November

Frost Moons and Golden Apples (#1) by Michelle Chambers Frost Moons and Golden Apples (#2) by Michelle Chambers Frost Moons and Golden Apples Book Three by Michelle Chambers

message 11: by Elle (new)

Elle Boon | 4 comments Hiya, y’all. I have a book that I added to the back of my Iron Wolves boxset called An Iron Wolves Christmas. The set has 4 novels plus the novella on sale for $5.99. This is for mature audiences, but it’s most definitely one of my favorite series 💜