The Otherworld of Kelley Armstrong discussion

Women of the OtherWorld > What do you think about the covers?

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by valee (new)

valee I noticed there are too many different covers for books 1 and 2 and then that there are 2 sets of covers for the whole series:
Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1) by Kelley Armstrong Stolen (Women of the Otherworld, #2) by Kelley Armstrong Industrial Magic (Women of the Otherworld, #4) by Kelley Armstrong Broken (Women of the Otherworld, #6) by Kelley Armstrong Haunted (Women of the Otherworld, #5) by Kelley Armstrong and the rest with the black background

And the there's this type of covers:
Haunted (Women of the Otherworld, #5) by Kelley Armstrong Industrial Magic (Women of the Otherworld, #4) by Kelley Armstrong Personal Demon (Women of the Otherworld, #8) by Kelley Armstrong Frostbitten (Women of the Otherworld, #10) by Kelley Armstrong Dime Store Magic (Women of the Otherworld, #3) by Kelley Armstrong No Humans Involved (Women of the Otherworld, #7) by Kelley Armstrong Living with the Dead (Women of the Otherworld, #9) by Kelley Armstrong And the others similar to this ones.

Now I thing there is going to be a new set which started with the last 2 books and now is getting published in the previous ones:
Waking The Witch (Women of the Otherworld, #11) by Kelley Armstrong Spell Bound (Women of the Otherworld, #12) by Kelley Armstrong Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1) by Kelley Armstrong Stolen (Women of the Otherworld, #2) by Kelley Armstrong

Which one do you like the most. IMHO the ones with the black backgrounds are good, although I like the new ones better, but until all of the books in the series have covers like that one it is not actually a set of covers, so between the first 2 I'll stay with the second one(The black background covers)

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I like the new set but prefer the old one, probably because i read the series with the old covers so I'm more familiar with it. I think the ones with the black background was done so that it looks more like the twilight series and so more people would be attracted to it.

message 3: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 65 comments These are my faves which I own:

Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1) by Kelley Armstrong Stolen (Women of the Otherworld, #2) by Kelley Armstrong Dime Store Magic (Women of the Otherworld, #3) by Kelley Armstrong Industrial Magic (Women of the Otherworld, #4) by Kelley Armstrong Haunted (Women of the Otherworld, #5) by Kelley Armstrong Broken (Women of the Otherworld, #6) by Kelley Armstrong No Humans Involved (Women of the Otherworld, #7) by Kelley Armstrong Personal Demon (Women of the Otherworld, #8) by Kelley Armstrong Living with the Dead (Women of the Otherworld, #9) by Kelley Armstrong Men of the Otherworld (Otherworld) by Kelley Armstrong Tales of the Otherworld by Kelley Armstrong

message 4: by AH (new)

AH Sarah - you are not the only person that said that the black covers look like Twilight. I can't see the younger Twilight fan liking these books.

Ames - I love those covers - Are they the UK covers? They are really nice.

What I found confusing was that in Canada we got the 2nd group of covers then a few months after the release of Frostbitten they changed all the covers to black and jacked the price to $16.99 per book. The older books were being sold at $4-6 each. Now the black covers have been reduced to $9.99.

message 5: by valee (last edited Nov 25, 2010 03:28PM) (new)

valee Guess that's another set of covers and I did not mentioned it so thanks for adding it Amy! They are better than the first ones I mentioned. But I still like the new ones better.

Waking The Witch (Women of the Otherworld, #11) by Kelley Armstrong Spell Bound (Women of the Otherworld, #12) by Kelley Armstrong Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1) by Kelley Armstrong Stolen (Women of the Otherworld, #2) by Kelley Armstrong

message 6: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 65 comments The ones in post #3 are the "old" UK covers. I hate the new ones, they're very boring:

Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1) by Kelley Armstrong Stolen (Women of the Otherworld, #2) by Kelley Armstrong Dime Store Magic (Women of the Otherworld, #3) by Kelley Armstrong Industrial Magic (Women of the Otherworld 4) by Kelley Armstrong Haunted by Kelley Armstrong Broken (Women of the Otherworld, #6) by Kelley Armstrong Frostbitten (Women of the Otherworld, #10) by Kelley Armstrong Waking the Witch (Women of the Otherworld, #11) by Kelley Armstrong

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree Amy. I like our UK covers but the new ones aren't as good as the old ones which I thought were unique. When I first picked up Bitten Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1) by Kelley Armstrong at my local library it was the cover that really made me go for it because its different. But the new ones I think are too plain.

message 8: by valee (new)

valee I had no clue those existed neither,lol. It's not that they are ugly, it's just that they don't show anything about the series. They don't even look like UF books.

message 9: by AH (new)

AH I wonder what the author thinks about the many different covers for her books and what her favorites are.

message 10: by valee (new)

valee Oh, I would really love to know that!

message 11: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (shyluck13) | 11 comments I absolutely love those UK covers! In Canada, yeah, our black covers seem a lot like Twilight. I don't like the new ones as much but really dislike the oldest ones. I wish they'd just stick to one set of covers - it doesn't match with my black ones and then the new Waking the Witch!

message 12: by Rhea (last edited Nov 26, 2010 02:30AM) (new)

Rhea (rh3a) | 21 comments I like the UK covers (except #3). They look good on the shelf. I can't wait to get my hands on Broken!
I wonder what the covers of books #7-9 would look like.

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 83 comments Mod
I'm with you, Ames, as that's the set that I own as well. I don't mind the new UK covers, except that they're a larger size. As I'm completely anal about my series matching though, I do get frustrated when they regularly change cover styles during a series' run. When I went to one of Kelley's signings earlier this year Tales of the Otherworld and Frostbitten had both just come out and were in the two different formats. It was very odd.

Oh, and I didn't like the original US covers at all, which is what prompted me to collect the UK versions instead. The new US ones are better, but I prefer the new UK ones (I like the font and colors).

message 14: by Frankie (new)

Frankie | 39 comments I prefer the old UK cover, they were intersting and they related to the story unlike the new ones.

In a interview KA was asked why she changed the covers, and she just said her publisher thought it was best if they had a change because fans were problaly getting bored of the old ones. I wasn't and I'm very OCD about my book shelves (it upsets me that they suddenly get bigger).

message 15: by [deleted user] (last edited May 18, 2011 03:48AM) (new)

I have a nice mix of the books... cover-wise.

Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1) by Kelley Armstrong Stolen (Women of the Otherworld, #2) by Kelley Armstrong Dime Store Magic (Women of the Otherworld, #3) by Kelley Armstrong Industrial Magic (Women of the Otherworld, #4) by Kelley Armstrong Haunted (Women of the Otherworld, #5) by Kelley Armstrong Broken (Women of the Otherworld, #6) by Kelley Armstrong No Humans Involved (Women of the Otherworld, #7) by Kelley Armstrong Personal Demon (Women of the Otherworld, #8) by Kelley Armstrong Living with the Dead (Women of the Otherworld, #9) by Kelley Armstrong Frostbitten (Women of the Otherworld, #10) by Kelley Armstrong Waking The Witch (Women of the Otherworld, #11) by Kelley Armstrong

These were the only ones available.

message 16: by Lola (new)

Lola (lolasreviews) Amy or "Ames" wrote: "The ones in post #3 are the "old" UK covers. I hate the new ones, they're very boring:

Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1) by Kelley ArmstrongStolen (Women of the Otherworld, #2) by Kelley ArmstrongDime Store Magic (Women of the Otherworld, #3) by Kelley Armstrong[bookcover:Industrial..."

I really like the new UK covers. I think they're nice because they're so simple and mysterious. I only got frostbitten and waking the witch with this cover tough. maybe whenn I got more money I will buy the new cover so I got the same covers for the whole serie.

message 17: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 3 comments I really like the new set of covers...I mean the old ones which I think were the US ones I absolutely don't like. yuck. seriously and so glad they did a cover makeover for them. I mean if they didn't I would be buying the black background covers.. haha

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) valee wrote: "I noticed there are too many different covers for books 1 and 2 and then that there are 2 sets of covers for the whole series:
Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1) by Kelley ArmstrongStolen (Women of the Otherworld, #2) by Kelley Armstrong[bookcover:Industr..."

The first set with a lot of black isn't bad, but I prefer the second type. Love the artwork

I don't care for the ones with real looking people as much.