Book Geeks and Bookniks discussion

Chit Chat > Goodreads vs LibraryThing

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julie (new)

Julie | 59 comments Just joined Goodreads and love it so far. I love that our little group can have discussions similar to what I've been involved in elsewhere.

I have a lifetime LibraryThing account and spent a great deal of time inputting my books read and organizing them there. Seems I can do the same thing here. Do any of you have both? This site seems more user friendly but I hate to abandon my effort on LT. But I also hate to do double duty and keep this stuff on both sites.

Suggestions?

message 2: by Carol (new)

Carol (actutor) I joined both several years ago, but I think this site is a bit less cluttered. There is too much on the homepage on library thing, but I do check it monthly. I don't post books on LT as much.

message 3: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen (gkonkler5) Julie wrote: "Just joined Goodreads and love it so far. I love that our little group can have discussions similar to what I've been involved in elsewhere.

I have a lifetime LibraryThing account and spent a g..."

Julie, I exported everything out of Librarything and imported into here. I have quite the mess to clean up but think I'll abandon my librarything. Too hard to keep up both. Sad part is I just spent quite a bit of time making sure librarything was accurate.