What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Maggie B.
This topic is about The Maggie B.
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's picture book [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Zing (jeniferholly) | 23 comments I'm looking for the title of a children's picture book. I was suddenly struck with the memory of the book, but I can't remember much about it, let alone the name!

The main character is a girl, and she was wearing her nightgown the whole time which makes me think it was a dream or dream-like experience. If I recall, she sailed away on an adventure in her bedroom (or maybe a treehouse?) The two things that stand out to me most are:

The pictures were in very rich, warm, sunset-like colors. There was lots of billowing cloth, like blankets or sails, which is why I believe she sailed off somehow.

At one point in the book she makes a snack for a visitor (a boy, I think - it may have been a sibling). The snack was baked peaches with honey and cinnamon - it's the most clear memory of the book that I have!

I hope that's enough info to get some wheels turning - I know it's not much, but books on here have been solved with less!;)

Thank you, in advance, for your help.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate (katiebobus) | 200 comments I think it's The Maggie B.

Zing (jeniferholly) | 23 comments Kate - Wow, thank you! That's it, exactly! I looked it up on Amazon and what few illustrations they showed brought it all back to me. There are even peaches on the trees on the cover! Thanks, again!

KT - Thanks for trying to help. While the book you described wasn't what I was looking for, I am now interested in checking out Nightgown of the Sullen Moon!