SA Book & Challenge Lovers discussion

Firelight (Firelight, #1)
This topic is about Firelight
All Book Discussions > Firelight (Spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lu (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lu | 12659 comments Mod
Here we can discuss the book with spoilers :)

message 2: by Lu (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lu | 12659 comments Mod
7/10

This was certainly a new paranormal romance aspect for me. I was a bit sceptical of the whole "draki" thing, but I ended up really loving it!

I have always been a sucker for books where people fly, and this is no exception. Sophie Jordan creates a believable world with great characters.

What's not to love? A love story, twists and turns, not knowing what will happen? And wow I can't wait for the next one in the series!

I can't say much more, except it wasn't a very "deep" read, but enjoyable all the same!

******Spoilers and some rants*****

Will Cassian come through?

Will Tamra get over herself and just understand that there are more important things than make-up and straight hair?

Oh yes Will please go save Jacinda!

Die Xander Die

Emma (emmauk007) | 1081 comments I also was very dubious whether I would like a book about dragons, but I was pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed this debut and found the mythology in this book very unique. I actually would have been happy with more on the myth and details of the different types of draki, and how the Prides work, than we got. There was enough to get in to and to explain things, but there wasn't any extras. Which probably works great for some people, who will prefer the bigger focus being on the romance side. Personally, I'm very, very curious about the draki and I want to know more! Also who are the enkros and why do they use hunters?

I finished this book in a day, so it says alot for its ability to keep you hooked.

The ending wasnt a cliffhanger but it certainly leaves you wanting more and eagerly awaiting the next book in the series.