Manga Book Club discussion

Questions > Guilty Pleasures

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Starbubbles, Respected Elder (new)

Starbubbles | 871 comments Mod
I've been wondering what is your favorite guilty pleasure manga?

I must say, I have a few.
Red River and Meru Puri would have to be mine. Though, I'm sure there are others.

Red River can get a little, well, romance novel-esque, and Meru Puri has a questionable age difference. I've done several different calculations, but since the ages, and well time itself doesn't pass consistently throughout the book, you can come up with different ages.

message 2: by Lear (new)

Lear | 56 comments my 2 biggest have to be Fruits Basket and Cardcaptors.

Fruits Basket for being a guy enjoying Shojo manga.

Cardcaptors for it's fun combo of childishness and perversion.

Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (chintotheexperiment) ...My main one is V.B.Rose...the most Shōjo thing I own.
Then anything 4koma, I really love those types of manga.

message 4: by Littlebearries (new)

Littlebearries | 6 comments Naruto... always Naruto... and Yotsuba.

Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (chintotheexperiment) Kore wa Zombie desu...wait that's an anime...>_<

message 6: by Reggie (new)

Reggie (lovealive95) | 6 comments Littlebearries wrote: "Naruto... always Naruto... and Yotsuba."

I like Naruto/Hinata

message 7: by Marissa_san121 (new)

Marissa_san121 | 50 comments ...Bobobobobobobo... TOO MANY BOS!!!! XD

Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (chintotheexperiment) Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

message 9: by Marissa_san121 (new)

Marissa_san121 | 50 comments Dragon Ball/Z, Naruto, One Piece, and Shaman King.
The fact I'm the gender my icon is doesn't help.

Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (chintotheexperiment) Marissa_san121 wrote: "Dragon Ball/Z, Naruto, One Piece, and Shaman King.
The fact I'm the gender my icon is doesn't help."

Gender doesn't mean anything, all my first manga were in the June 2006 issue of Shounen Jump, that means all you pointed out...except the only reason I bought it was because of YuYu Hakusho and Yu-Gi-Oh! on the cover.

message 11: by Marissa_san121 (new)

Marissa_san121 | 50 comments Tetsu Tetsu ★ Night Fever wrote: "Marissa_san121 wrote: "Dragon Ball/Z, Naruto, One Piece, and Shaman King.

Gender doesn't mean anything, all my first manga were in the June 2006 i..."

Yah, it doesn't help when you have fangirl in your blood does it?

Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (chintotheexperiment) Marissa_san121 wrote: "Tetsu Tetsu ★ Night Fever wrote: "Marissa_san121 wrote: "Dragon Ball/Z, Naruto, One Piece, and Shaman King.

Gender doesn't mean anything, all my f..."

Not really. Luckily I grew out of the fangirl phase when I became an Otaku(of anime, manga, and video games)...with a slight Fujoshi(only when it is cannon) side.

message 13: by Marissa_san121 (new)

Marissa_san121 | 50 comments Tetsu Tetsu ★ Night Fever wrote: "Marissa_san121 wrote: "Tetsu Tetsu ★ Night Fever wrote: "Marissa_san121 wrote: "Dragon Ball/Z, Naruto, One Piece, and Shaman King.

Gender doesn't ..."

LUCKY!!!!

Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (chintotheexperiment) Marissa_san121 wrote: "Tetsu Tetsu ★ Night Fever wrote: "Marissa_san121 wrote: "Tetsu Tetsu ★ Night Fever wrote: "Marissa_san121 wrote: "Dragon Ball/Z, Naruto, One Piece, and Shaman King.
The fact I'm the gender my icon ..."

I'll admit the small moments when it comes back...but I'm good at fighting it off now.

message 15: by Diane (new)

Diane | 15 comments Okai Um well alot of yaoi Mangas