Harry Potter discussion

Movies > Did The Deathly Hallows Movie Break Any Records?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I was hoping it would beat avatar as the most money ever made on a movie,but i have not heard any confermation.
I saw it last night and it was epic and i cried so much when hedwig died.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Thats a real shame.

message 3: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 170 comments But Part 2 will be released in July......

MUHHAHAHAHAHHAHA WE POTTER HEADS SHALL RULE THE WORLD!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Opening night made 24 MILLION BUCKS! All together for all of the movies it is around 4.5 BILLION BUCKS!!!!!

message 5: by Annalisa (last edited Nov 20, 2010 07:52PM) (new)

Annalisa (goodreadsannalisa) I think a big influence to the midnight release numbers is Harry Potter is a family film so people wait until release date to take their families while Twilight is for women, no need to wait to take the kids. Personally, I think that's the only way to enjoy Twilight movies, when it's late and you're a little sleepy and can be amused by the screaming women. Otherwise, the films are just slow and embarrassing. I can't wait to see where this film and part 2 fall in the records overall.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Part two is going to be EPIC!!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

i don't

message 8: by Stefanie (new)

Stefanie | 11 comments "In its seventh installment, Harry Potter was as potent as ever, whipping up the all-time sixth biggest-grossing opening weekend and a new franchise high."

So it broke its own record, I guess. Part 2 is going to blow everything out of the water; with school being the midnight release will be unbelievable.

message 9: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 22, 2010 05:42AM) (new)

Well i really hate him for how he made hedwig and dobby die.
Plus they could have left out the nude secene.
I mean it's in the childrens section.

Order of the pheinox is my least favorite movie.

So they should have kept the director from the first 2 movies or just change him again.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

*Ella* wrote: "Opening night made 24 MILLION BUCKS! All together for all of the movies it is around 4.5 BILLION BUCKS!!!!!"

So what!
It still didn't beat twilight.