What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Old Horror Book (Vampires)

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stublore (new)

Stublore | 6 comments The title is I think a turn of the century horror short story(iirc).
The basic plot is a young man, teenager maybe gets turned into a vampire along I think with his younger sister.
The vampire who does this is an old vampire.
At the end of the book the young man/teenager gets into a fight with his master.
There is a line something like:
"To an outsider they would have looked like they were staring intently at one another across the field, but the watcher would not be aware that another battle of magic and will was taking place on another plane"
At the end again iirc correctly the you man/teenager enters his coffin for the last time, with a stake propped against the lid which pierces his heart as he closes the lid, finally freeing his soul.

If anyone knows the author and title I would really appreciate it. Even though I read it as a teenager the story has always remained me, and the nagging of what was it called is driving me to distraction.

Cheers,
Stublore

message 2: by Erin (new)

Erin | 4 comments Could you be thinking about Interview With The Vampire? I read most of the book over the summer, but haven't finished it. The main character is a man named Lois, who is in his early twenties. He was turned into a vampire by a man who appears to be in his mid-twenties - early-thirties. A little girl named Claudia is turned into a vampire in the middle of the book when she is five years old. The book is by Anne Rice, and takes place in the late 1800s.

Hope this helps. :)

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jessdaygeorge) | 177 comments That's definitely not Interview With The Vampire. If it is a short story, there are literally thousands of vampire short stories out there, and dozens if not hundreds of novels.

message 4: by ♥Xeni♥ (last edited Nov 30, 2010 10:20AM) (new)

♥Xeni♥ (xeni) Hmm, it vaguely fits the description for The Last Vampire by Christopher Pike. Take a look?

P.S. I read this 10 years ago, so no idea if it is really it.

message 5: by Stublore (new)

Stublore | 6 comments Cheers all for the replies.
Alice, definitely not IwtV, I read that many years after the one I'm looking for.
Xeni-No that does does not fit the bill either :(
I'm pretty certain I read it in a collection of turn of the century, maybe Victorian horror stories.

message 6: by ♥Xeni♥ (new)

♥Xeni♥ (xeni) I have like 2 GB of vampire ebooks. Wanna take a look? xD

message 7: by Stublore (new)

Stublore | 6 comments Rofl!
If I could even remember a character name, or title I'd take you up on that offer!
XD

message 8: by ♥Xeni♥ (new)

♥Xeni♥ (xeni) Well, you could read them. One after another. Only take you like two years. xD

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40166 comments Mod
Stublore, are you still looking for this?

message 10: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Stublore hasn't been active since the beginning of the year. Not sure what to do about this book.

message 11: by Stublore (new)

Stublore | 6 comments Yes I am still looking for it :(

message 12: by Serendi (new)

Serendi This is a collection of early vampire stories: Dracula's Guest and Other Victorian Vampire Stories, edited by Michael Sims. Maybe something in there?

message 13: by Stublore (new)

Stublore | 6 comments That could be it, it was a collection of tales I read it in, will check that out, thank you!

message 14: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Come back and let us know if that's the right book or not Stublore.

message 15: by Stublore (last edited Aug 25, 2013 12:50PM) (new)

Stublore | 6 comments I know :D
I know it's not the one I read, however the short tale might be in it.
The one I read was over 20 years ago.

message 16: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

So Stublore, are you still looking for this or was it found?

message 17: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

No response. Moving to Abandoned.