We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

Bekah's Fun House! > Dedications...

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments If you were to write a novel...

what would your dedication be?

Are there any dedications that are particularly memorable to you?

message 2: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments Great question, Bekah.

I'd dedicate my first published book to:

God for giving me the ability to write it, to my mother for giving the gift of reading that keeps giving, my sister for her friendship, and to Anne Stuart, my favorite author, who has contributed very largely to my writing style and has inspired me as a writer.

message 3: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 380 comments Funny this topic should come up. I happen to be writing a book, and a dedication is something I've thought of on occasion. If I should be fortunate enough to finish it and get published, I would dedicate it to my husband. His love inspires me, and he has also surprised me by becoming a great encourager of my writing endeavors.

message 4: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments those are both very touching. I love reading dedications, funny ones, inspiring ones, melty ones..I just think that they are so special. I have dreams of writing a book, but to me, the most important part of that book would be the dedication. I mean is there a better shout out than that? It'd be recorded forever...

message 5: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) Hmmmm. Let me think...

"To Caelen. There may be times where I want to go Snapped on your ass, but I wouldn't have it any other way. You showed me that being my eccentric self was okay & love me because of it, not in spite of it. This book is for you, because of you. Next time, you can hold the body & I'll dig."

Damn. I'm getting teary-eyed. I'm not used to expressing my feelings.

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 469 comments It's highly doubtful I'd ever write a book but if I did I would definitely dedicate it to hubby. He is very supportive of my endeavors. I might have to add a dedication to my daughter too.