Karen Chance Fans discussion

When is Shadowland going to be put up?

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kylie (new)

Kylie | 8 comments I've read comments that people have already read an original version of the story but it's no longer on her website. Just wondering when it's going to be posted or where I can read the original. I thought it was supposed to go up earlier this month.

message 2: by Enjee, Founder (last edited Nov 20, 2010 08:42AM) (new)

Enjee | 1194 comments Mod
We don't know. It was originally supposed to go up on March 30, 2010. KC posted about 6 chapters in April and then took it all down off her site. She said she wasn't happy with it, and was going to rework it. In early August she said she was just waiting on the artwork and then she would post both stories, hopefully by the 5th. This was the first we heard that "A Family Affair" was also in the works. Neither story got posted, the artwork has been up for a while now, and still there are no stories. In the meantime, she has given us "The Queen's Witch", "The Gauntlet" and 2 chapters plus the cover of "Hunt the Moon". If she posts her remaining promised short stories (3), maybe we will see some before "Hunt the Moon" in June 2011. In the meantime, we will wait patiently for her generosity and try not to go crazy waiting for June.

message 3: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) I'm doing pretty well on the not-going-crazy thing. Hey did I ever tell you guys about that time I swam to the Antarctic and discovered a new breed of penguin with a startling resemblence to a cheese grater?

message 4: by Kat (new)

Kat | 237 comments roflmao yes you did but we love that story so tell us one more...

message 5: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) I believe you are mixing up two separate stories there Kat. The one about me being a greater spotted cheese grater ( graterus nobilus polkadotus), not to be confused with the common cheese grater (graterus vulgaris caseius) with the story of how I attempted to swim the Atlantic and wipe out the cast, crew and production team of that insulting Hollywood travesty, Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief.

Any way, this particular tale begins on a not-so dramatic day (last Tuesday), when I heard about plans for a sequel to the above-mentioned travesty. I instantly sprinted to the West Coast of Ireland, carefully skirting county Kerry (roughly half the population of Kerry is composed of sheep. The rest is mostly an extension of Paul Galvin's ego. That joke is hilarious if you're an Irish GAA fan. If you're not it kind of falls flat.) Anyway, having successfully avoided the sheep fiddling clutches of Kerry, I dived off the Cliffs of Moher and set out for America. I would have made it around noon, 'cept for my terrible sense of direction, which, following a wrong turning somewhere near the Gulf of Mexico, resulted in me heading south until I bumped into Antarctica. I then wandered through the blindingly white snow for several months, hallucinating and becoming completely convinced I was Tom Creen. Surviving on a diet of snow and polar bears (I know there are no polar bears in the south pole. I ate them all), I meandered across the frozen wastelands, until finally I discovered the long lost mating grounds of the Graterus Spheniscidae.

You may tune in tomorrow for the finale of my saga. Right now I'm so tired I'm seeing spots. No cheese graters involved.

message 6: by Josie (new)

Josie | 643 comments LMAO! Can't wait for the rest!

message 7: by Kat (new)

Kat | 237 comments I say it will be up two days before HTM goes on shelves! lol

message 8: by Aori (new)

Aori Hanazari | 64 comments Did Karen Chance ever announce the dates on the "News" page or just on the forums? I looked at the "News" Page and all the mentions of promised short stories are not there...unless I don't correctly remember where she posted the short stories information.

message 9: by Josie (new)

Josie | 643 comments Well, I never saw on the news page, but she definitely said in the forums on the question section. I'm sure she'll post it soon, tbh I'm too excited about HtM to worry about short stories atm, although Shadowland should be really good. Maybe she'll wait until after HtM so she can include more of Pritkin's history. Does anyone know when the next Dory book is out?

message 10: by Krish (new)

Krish (Krazy_KD) | 19 comments She said on a Facebook page that Shadowland is coming out soon after HtM which means it'll hopefully be out soon! Ahaha I'm deprived of pritkin love! :P

Krazy_KD

message 11: by Mallaidh (new)

Mallaidh (msomogyi) | 36 comments There were 6 chapters in the original version? Crap. I saved it to my computer, but I must have only gotten the first four. Epic fail on my part.

message 12: by Krish (new)

Krish (Krazy_KD) | 19 comments Ahhaha unlucky! But at least you've got it >.< I only got to read the 1st chapter (on my phone) and I stupidly decided to sleep first and read it in te morning and take my time reading it. For once. Then bam! It was gone D:

Krazy_KD

message 13: by Mon (new)

Mon (monmor) | 199 comments Wow, so, any of you know if now the Shadowland and the Mircea story is up ?

message 14: by Enjee, Founder (new)

The stories are not up. They will be on her website when she does post them, under "freebies". She did mention on her FB page that she did plan on completing Shadowland "sooner or later" since she had spent too much time on it to not post it. I do not know the status of Masks, but I do not expect to see it soon.
Remember, these stories are extras and they are free, so we should be grateful when and if she does actually post them. I just don't think it will be anytime soon.

message 15: by ♥ Ashleigh ♥ (last edited Aug 31, 2011 02:34AM) (new)

♥ Ashleigh ♥  Contrary to popular belief I'm not actually mad! (cheshire_red) Enjee wrote: "Remember, these stories are extras and they are free, so we should be grateful when and if she does actually post them. I just don't think it will be anytime soon. "

WOW! you should be karen's personal spokes person or something (that was really well said) - i totally agree with what your saying but now i feel all guilty and stuff, lol im betting the others prob feel the same :P

message 16: by ♥ Ashleigh ♥ (last edited Aug 31, 2011 02:52AM) (new)

♥ Ashleigh ♥  Contrary to popular belief I'm not actually mad! (cheshire_red) Karen Chance is like the Superman of the book world - most authors can only get 1 book out over a period of a yr or two (view spoiler) while karen releases at least one book every year sometimes two plus short storys FOR FREE just for our amusement. Superman or what??

message 17: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (kurosymph) | 136 comments Is it a plane? Is it a bird? NO!!! It's a freaking flying pissed-off war mage!

message 18: by Enjee, Founder (new)

♥ Ashleigh ♥ wrote: "Enjee wrote: "Remember, these stories are extras and they are free, so we should be grateful when and if she does actually post them. I just don't think it will be anytime soon. "

WOW! you should ..."

I am not Karen's spokesperson in any way, shape or form; just a fan.
And sorry...I did not intend to make anyone feel guilty.

Questions about the short stories keep getting posting but the answer remains the same:

1. No we do not know when the stories will get posted and we do not have any extra information that is not known to the general public.

2. Karen has stated she will not set a date for the stories anymore, so as not to disappoint if she happens to not make the date.

message 19: by Aleksandra (new)

Aleksandra (AlexZiel) | 158 comments Sophie wrote: "Is it a plane? Is it a bird? NO!!! It's a freaking flying pissed-off war mage!"

Oh Soph... I love you, but you already know that... ;-D

message 20: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) Sophie, that would make a great entry to the T-shirt logo comp!

message 21: by Aleksandra (new)

Aleksandra (AlexZiel) | 158 comments I totally agree!!!

♥ Ashleigh ♥  Contrary to popular belief I'm not actually mad! (cheshire_red) you guys entering the t-shirt comp??

message 23: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (kurosymph) | 136 comments ((HUGS)) An we are oooone... ;D

Too late, didn't see this until now... Did you enter?

message 24: by ♥ Ashleigh ♥ (last edited Nov 04, 2011 10:19PM) (new)

♥ Ashleigh ♥  Contrary to popular belief I'm not actually mad! (cheshire_red) lol no sadly my imagination isnt that good :P

but u should check out the winners, talk about fantastic - there on karen chance website.

message 25: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (kurosymph) | 136 comments I did! The House of Augustine label's fantastic!
Oh and congrats Austin :D

♥ Ashleigh ♥  Contrary to popular belief I'm not actually mad! (cheshire_red) can u imagine mircea wearing the "i love feet" t-shirt!
haha

message 27: by Enjee, Founder (new)

If Cassie gave him the "I heart Feet" t-shirt, then Mircea might wear it for her...in private...right before he ripped it off and had his way with her.

message 28: by Hedgehog (new)

Hedgehog | 55 comments Sophie wrote: "I did! The House of Augustine label's fantastic!
Oh and congrats Austin :D"

Thank you Sophie.