DJ Manly discussion

Hi from D.J. Manly to my readers. Glad to see you here, have fund discussing characters and plots...and I'll come by to comment when I can.

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karen K (last edited Nov 19, 2010 12:33PM) (new)

Karen K (karenkleinshawca) | 19 comments *knocks to see if anybody's home*
I'm Karen from Calgary, Alberta, Canada - nice to see another Canadian face. :) I've been on GR since about March of this year, and read nothing but m/m books.

I'm a huge fan of your work. My faves include .Diamond in the Shade 1 (broke my heart so many times and in so many ways), Survival (loved the tension and confusion and all the love underneath - is there going to be another one?), Vampire Lust series (mmm - vampires, do I have to say more?), Marry Me Or Die (such a unique book and characters) and Saga of the Wolf (another mmm... but werewolves this time).

I seem to be addicted to buying your ebooks and I have so many left to read - I just bought Finding Passionand Island Heat so those are next up on my vast list (I'll be buying Jake or Jack soon, as well), and I'm dying to start the Melting Ice series, Dirty Dreams series, Blood Pond and House of Driscoll.

I'm thinking you aren't around GR much but I hope you'll stop by sometime and say hi.
Karen
:)
EDIT - Perhaps I jumped the gun in posting on here already - I was just too darn excited a group for you. I can definitely delete if you want me to though. :P

message 2: by DJ (new)

DJ Manly (DJManly) | 13 comments Mod
lol...hi Karin...Its true I'm not around much but I opened this group in case one or two people would like to have a forum to discuss my work. I really appreciate it. I didn't think anyone would find it. You're good. I'm a Canadian too...guess you know that eh??? (couldn't resist)

D.J. xxxx

message 3: by DJ (new)

lol...guess you do know...just reread your post..
xxx

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Hi, I'm Sarah.

Im from England a little minning village in South Yorkshire. Am a classic northerner.

I am a massive fan... Thank you for the email the other day and the comments on my reviews. Absolutely love reading your stories and your other half is adorable. (Lucky Man!!!).

Karin you will love Island Heat and Jack or Jake is great.

If you like vampires try Bampia... written with AJ Llewellyn its fab very surreal and hauntingly beautiful.

I've read tons of DJ's books in fact I'm working my way through them all. (Cost a fortune lol) there are over 100 will keep you busy for ages. Think I will be done for christmas. (Maybe) Although might be sooner been off work all week with a bad back and all I have done is read and have read quite a few.

Finding passion is lovely to read.. really easy going with great characters.

I haven't read survival yet. What's it like?

I have just started the blood eclipse series. So will let you know what they are like.. nearly half way through the first and very intrigued.

OK will stop rambling now.

Sarah
x

message 5: by DJ (new)

Hi Sarah...in England. Great to see you...thanks so much for spending your money on me. Welcome!

xxx
D.J.

message 6: by DJ (new)

Book 2 in my Gladiator series at Total ebound is coming the 29th of November...very exctiting.

message 7: by Karen K (new)

Karen K (karenkleinshawca) | 19 comments DJ wrote: "Book 2 in my Gladiator series at Total ebound is coming the 29th of November...very exctiting."

Ohhh - I just bought the first one the other day along with more than a few others. I have to catch up with Sarah you know.

Do you want to start some threads on specific books, DJ? Or want us to do that? Oh and just a casual offer, if you ever need a second or third or whatever beta reader, I've done a little of that informally and would be honored. :D

Guess I don't have to say Happy Turkey-day since we Canadians already had ours, EH? Lol

message 8: by DJ (new)

Yep no turkey for us...and I'd be pleased if you started some threads...this is your place to talk about my work...go for it...I'm very pleased.

xxx
I'll let you know about beta reading...
Hope you like The Gladiator series...

message 9: by DJ (new)

Also nice little short story called Stealing Rain with AJ...out on the same day at Total and some EXCITING news about a new series at Total with AJ...More on that...it will knock your socks off!! lol...if you're wearing any.
xxxx
D.J

message 10: by Karen K (last edited Nov 25, 2010 10:16AM) (new)

Karen K (karenkleinshawca) | 19 comments Gonna read the first Gladiator book this weekend.
Here's my latest buying spree - I think I'm set. :D

House of Simeon (Gladiators, #1) by D.J. Manly Dirty Dreams (Fantasium, #1) by D.J. Manly The Disfavoured (Fantasium, #3) by D.J. Manly Finding Passion by D.J. Manly Jake or Jack by D.J. Manly Skipping Stones by D.J. Manly A Working Christmas by D.J. Manly Ash Son of the Demon God by D.J. Manly Back to Black Point (Black Point, #2) by A.J. Llewellyn Black Point Surrendered (Black Point, #4) by A.J. Llewellyn Black Point Revisited (Black Point, #3) by A.J. Llewellyn Black Point Christmas (Black Point, #5) by A.J. Llewellyn Hardsex (Fantasium, #2) by A.J. Llewellyn He Scores by D.J. Manly The Whispered by D.J. Manly The Pro by D.J. Manly Love is War by D.J. Manly Payment Due by D.J. Manly Schism by D.J. Manly The Posers by D.J. Manly So Much More Than Naked 1 by D.J. Manly So Much More Than Naked 2 by D.J. Manly Welcome to Beaconsfield by D.J. Manly Blood Pond by D.J. Manly House of Driscoll (Book #1) by A.J. Llewellyn Banpaia by A.J. Llewellyn

message 11: by Karen K (new)

Karen K (karenkleinshawca) | 19 comments Do you know about this thread DJ?

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/4...

message 12: by DJ (new)

OMG...lol

message 13: by DJ (new)

Yes Karen I do...Thanks for mentioning.

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah OK... I cant believe it very random I know but - 5 more DJ books and I'm done... I have actually read all 113 books :-)

message 15: by Karen K (new)

Karen K (karenkleinshawca) | 19 comments Sarah wrote: "OK... I cant believe it very random I know but - 5 more DJ books and I'm done... I have actually read all 113 books :-)"

Wow! *bows to your greatness* I'm so far behind. :/

message 16: by S.J.D. (new)

S.J.D. Peterson (SJDPeterson) Sarah wrote: "OK... I cant believe it very random I know but - 5 more DJ books and I'm done... I have actually read all 113 books :-)"

Oh I need your help. You're the DJ Queen. Check out my blogspot.
http://sjdpeterson.blogspot.com/2011/...

We're going to play - Are You Smarter Than a Multi-Published Author and DJ's our first victim :)

You could win

message 17: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I can try lol do u want some questions ?

message 18: by S.J.D. (new)

S.J.D. Peterson (SJDPeterson) Sarah wrote: "I can try lol do u want some questions ?"

Yes please with the answers either in a private message or my email s_JO_d@comcast.net

Wouldn't want him seeing the questions in advance ;)~

You don't have to be present at the blog party to win but you get extra brownie points if you are

message 19: by Karen K (new)

Karen K (karenkleinshawca) | 19 comments That sounds like fun - good luck Sarah and DJ! :D

message 20: by DJ (new)

OMG

message 21: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Lol DJ really looking forward to cherished displacement tomorrow :-D

And the final gladiators on Monday

message 22: by Karen K (new)

Karen K (karenkleinshawca) | 19 comments I bought Cherished Displacement yesterday and House of Nicolaus today - they're both totally moving up my list to read.

message 23: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Me too lol just want to finish the Adrien English series first

message 24: by Karen K (new)

Karen K (karenkleinshawca) | 19 comments I sent in a bunch of questions for DJ to answer - not sure if I might be too late though. :) It was kinda fun.

message 25: by Sarah (new)

Sarah It was I sent five I think lol

message 26: by Karen K (new)

Karen K (karenkleinshawca) | 19 comments *shhh* I sent 20 - lol - not that they're good or will be used but thinking about torturing my fave writer made my day. Snickers.

message 27: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Lol I bet they were good I've been really busy so didn't have much time. Do u think the new gladiators will have a hea

message 28: by Karen K (last edited Jan 10, 2011 11:57AM) (new)

Karen K (karenkleinshawca) | 19 comments Oh I hope so. Gonna read it today. Think DJ will toss me from this thread for saying I wanna torture him. Lmao

message 29: by Sarah (new)

Sarah haha maybe..... im looking forward to the monthly book him and A J are writing. Although I have a feeling there are going to be lots of cliff hangers

message 30: by Karen K (new)

Karen K (karenkleinshawca) | 19 comments Those cliff hangers are gonna kill me. :P

message 31: by S.J.D. (new)

S.J.D. Peterson (SJDPeterson) Karen wrote: "*shhh* I sent 20 - lol - not that they're good or will be used but thinking about torturing my fave writer made my day. Snickers."

Nope your not to late. Those were awesome question!! Thanks Going to email DJ today and let him know what a great response to this I have gotten from his fans. As soon as I know when the blog party is I'll be sure to let you know. Thank you so much for sending them.

message 32: by S.J.D. (new)

S.J.D. Peterson (SJDPeterson) Sarah wrote: "It was I sent five I think lol"

I got um and OMG what great questions. As I mentioned to Karen. Going to email DJ today and I'll let everyone know the date of the blog party in the near future. Thank you so much for sending them

message 33: by Lori K (new)

Lori K So, DJ Manly experts- I got aquatinted with DJ Manly's writing through Blood Pond. I thought that was great, loved the horror story aspect of it. Then read Melting Ice 2.

i just bought Last Call night and stormed through that. Very sweet. What next? There are so many! How about the new one, Cherished Displacement? I was thinking maybe Payment Due?

Thanks!

message 34: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I haven't read the new one yet!!! Urn I like Essense stepping stone schism them all lol

message 35: by Karen K (last edited Jan 15, 2011 09:47AM) (new)

Karen K (karenkleinshawca) | 19 comments I haven't read as many as Sarah but Mr. Manly's a definite fave of mine so I can give you some recs. I still have a lot of his to read and I haven't read Cherished yet, either.

My fave DJ series are Diamond in the Shade 1 (vamps and two of my fave of DJ's characters ever), House of Simeon (gladiators - mmm, Gold) and Black Point (sweet series with AJ).

If you want something a little "horrorish" and "whorish" with a rockstar edge, I really loved Survival, AU Marry Me Or Die, shifters Saga of the Wolf, more vamps Vampire Lust, hot cops and hot bikers Melting Ice 1, hot cops and hot criminal activity (plus some sweetness) The Pro, emotional (at least for me) My Father's Lover and some sweet ones Sterling for Christmas Kelsey's Present There's Nothing Like a Cowboy.

Some of the ones on my next-to-read list, besides Cherished Displacement, are Blood Pond (I've heard it's fabulous), the Blood Eclipse series (with AJ), Tainted (mmm, rockstars and vamps), Dirty Dreams (fantasium series) and the Love Most Inconvenient 1 series.

Okay, I'll stop now. :P

EDIT - holy Hell, just realized I mentioned way too many books here and probably didn't help you in the least. :D

message 36: by Lori K (last edited Jan 15, 2011 02:07PM) (new)

Lori K Karen wrote: "I haven't read as many as Sarah but Mr. Manly's a definite fave of mine so I can give you some recs. I still have a lot of his to read and I haven't read Cherished yet, either.

My fave DJ series ..."

Thanks, I will put these on my list for the next sale! From an interview I read I think Vampire Lust was one of his first, right?

ETA-as it happens they are having a half off code at fictionwise today. snow11

message 37: by Lori K (last edited Jan 17, 2011 02:21PM) (new)

Lori K Well, thanks to the FW sale I got the following-(and Sarah! Dang! all 113?-I bow to your inner fan...)

Beauty
Arsenic & Rio
All the BlackPoints except for the most recent I think-it wasn't on FW yet
Banpaia
Hardtime
Wanted (AJ)
Honeybone (AJ)
Fawnskin
My Father's Lover

So this should give me a good start. Started on the Blackpoint series -which is thoroughly sweet. Not at all what I was expecting.

Does anyone want to discuss Blood Pond? Or do you do all of the discussing over at yahoo?

We would need to ask DJ to start a new thread labeled spoiler. hmm...*clears throat* DJ?

Thanks for all the suggestions!

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

You guys have been busy!! Sorry I haven't had a change to do this...smarter than an author bit...busy...but I promise soon...forgive me.

A thread called spoiler eh...lol..I'll leave that to you guys. You seem to know my work better than me.
And thanks for Nominating Blood Pond for best thriller of the year.

Spoiler...working on BP 2 now. lol

message 39: by Karen K (new)

Karen K (karenkleinshawca) | 19 comments Dj wrote: "Spoiler...working on BP 2 now.lol."

Glad to see you, DJ. Was wondering where you'd run off to.
*ahem* How're Diamond and Shade doing? Still hanging out in your head, hon? :P

message 40: by Lori K (new)

Lori K FYI everyone-the audiobook for Stealing Rain is avail now at Total-e-Bound.

message 41: by S.J.D. (new)

S.J.D. Peterson (SJDPeterson) HI everyone DJ will blog partying on Friday. Check out the details here
http://sjdpeterson.blogspot.com/2011/...

And thanks for the amazing questions and answers!!

message 42: by S.J.D. (new)

S.J.D. Peterson (SJDPeterson) Karen wrote: "I haven't read as many as Sarah but Mr. Manly's a definite fave of mine so I can give you some recs. I still have a lot of his to read and I haven't read Cherished yet, either.

My fave DJ series ..."

I read the first two Love Most Inconvenient and OMG they are so good and so teasingly frustrating. They leave you begging for more. Just wait until you read Marco and Paul's story in the first one. I'm still begging for more about those two.

message 43: by Karen K (new)

Karen K (karenkleinshawca) | 19 comments I'll have to move those up on my list. :)

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Blood Pond 2 is written...and Weeping Roses will be up Feb 8 at Amber...

xx

message 45: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Can't wait DJ

message 46: by Karen K (last edited Feb 04, 2011 04:37PM) (new)

Karen K (karenkleinshawca) | 19 comments Great! Thanks DJ. Really looking forward to Weeping Roses - will be an early birthday present to myself. Just finished Last Call - will do a review of it in a minute - loved it.

xo

Just had to show you this. :)

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

lol

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks Karen Weeping Roses is out!

message 49: by Karen K (new)

Karen K (karenkleinshawca) | 19 comments I just bought it DJ - this is a "depression" time of year for me so reading keeps me afloat.
By the way - did you see GR has added a "Series by this author" part to your author's page? Looks great except the 3rd Gladiator isn't listed as part of Gladiators.

http://www.goodreads.com/series/list/...

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh yes...maybe they'll get around to it...lol...
Thanks for buying WR...hope you like it and don't get too depressed..lol