The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

OLD TASK HELP THREADS > 0.0 - Fit This Book

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristina Simon (last edited Jan 20, 2011 11:41AM) (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 11026 comments Have a book and don't know what tasks it'll fit under? Ask here.

message 2: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 11026 comments I just realized this thread was closed! You guys should tell me these things ;o).

Anyone have a book you've read and don't know where it fits in the challenge? Ask away...

message 3: by Joanna (new)

Joanna (walker) | 434 comments Anyone see a spot for The Happiest Toddler on the Block: How to Eliminate Tantrums and Raise a Patient, Respectful, and Cooperative One- to Four-Year-Old?

In 15.10, I've already put Naked Masks: Five Plays, but if someone had a suggestion for somewhere else to put that one, I could swap in Happiest Toddler...

message 4: by Katy (new)

Katy | 698 comments Joanna wrote: "Anyone see a spot for The Happiest Toddler on the Block: How to Eliminate Tantrums and Raise a Patient, Respectful, and Cooperative One- to Four-Year-Old?

In 15.10, I've already p..."

Well it has ASIA in the title letters so it could fit for 30.8 depending on what you rolled.

message 5: by Joanna (new)

Joanna (walker) | 434 comments Katy wrote: Well it has ASIA in the title letters so it could fit for 30.8 depending on what you rolled."

Good idea! Shifting a few things around and I should be able to slot it in there. I rolled a 2 and I'd say parenting books are a favorite genre right now.

message 7: by Joanna (new)

Joanna (walker) | 434 comments Beautiful Boy -- Could go under 5.3 (David). Might also fit in some of the more open-ended choices -- 15.4 (lots of books could pair with it for opposites), 15.10, 20.6 (how old are you? in the same decade of age as Mr. Sheff? Or as his son?), 20.7 (are you in the happy camp? If so, I'd say the book qualifies as a pretty sad one), 25.1 (paired with another memoir perhaps), 30.4 (if your birth year is right or the numbers for your phone number fit), 30.5 (when did you get it/add it to TBR), 30.8 (depending on roll), 30.9 (would your mother like it? mine would)

For Little Bee: some of the same open-ended spots would apply. I also think a case could be made for 20.5.

message 8: by Joanna (new)

Joanna (walker) | 434 comments Also, I see that you've already read Unbroken and put it as a memoir paired with Tweak. But Unbroken fits 15.5, so you could swap those out.

message 9: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 78 comments Joanna - You Rock!

message 10: by Mx.shining (new)

Mx.shining | 232 comments There are two books left. I hope someone knows where to place them.

Sjojungfrun by Camilla Läckberg and Leonardo's Swans by Karen Essex

message 11: by M (new)

M (masanobu) | 158 comments Mx.shining wrote: "There are two books left. I hope someone knows where to place them.

Sjojungfrun by Camilla Läckberg and Leonardo's Swans by Karen Essex"

As I don't know which tasks you have completed, I can't be sure, but here are my suggestions:

A. Sjojungfrun by Camilla Läckberg.

5.2 Singles Awareness Day
10.9 Serial Killer. I'm not sure whether this one is the latest book of the Patrik Hedstrom series, though.
20.5 Bigger is Better, and Larger than Life. I think you could make a case for Erica Falck being an unconventional woman.
20.7 Christmas Fuzzies... or Not. As far as I've seen on Goodreads, this book has a blue cover. If it does and you love Christmas, you may be able to use it for this task.

B. Leonardo's Swans
10.8 Promise Her Anything, But Give Her... I can't see the cover of the book you listed, but I've noticed that some other covers feature jewelry.
15.1 Time After Time. For part A, historical fiction.
20.2 Winter Flowers Day. Maybe this one is a bit of a stretch, but swanflowers do exist (Aristolochia erecta, if you want to google it)
20.4 Game On! If you rolled a 6, I think this book qualifies as historical fiction.
20.5 Bigger is Better, and Larger than Life. I don't know how much of this book deals with the sisters, but they seem pretty unconventional women to me.

And there's always 15.10 Keep it Simple! You can read any book you want for that task.

I hope that was helpful. :)
If not, good luck finding a place for them! There are tasks I have not really delved into, like most of the ones with two books.

message 12: by Mx.shining (new)

Mx.shining | 232 comments Wow. That are a lot of options! Thank you very much!

message 13: by M (new)

M (masanobu) | 158 comments Mx.shining wrote: "Wow. That are a lot of options! Thank you very much!"

Glad I could help :)